need some help with free maps

namiboy

That is the download file size; 'uncompressed' the mapset file size will be somewhat larger, expect 5 to 40% larger. In MapSource (or MAC conterpart) you can select one or more quads/tiles or select them all. Transfer from MapSource to the memory card will be much faster if a card reader is used as the GPSr only goes at USB1 speed. I would guess at maybe 10-15 minutes for 150Mb direct to the GPSr. Transfers to the memory card in a card reader seem to be more reliable - I have MapSource transfer to a USB thumb drive and then copy the file to the memory card in the GPSr. Also see:http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

hiya. i downloaded 'florida topo' from gps file depot and it's 126mb. is that the download or the whole map? will this map fit on a 2 gig card? how long would it take to put it on my vista hcx in mass storage mode? thanks for any help.

I have the 24k Florida TOPO from GSP File Depot on my Garmin Colorado 400t, the final IMG file is 157MB.

I have 24k Florida TOPO, the entire US City Navigator 2008 and a few local trail maps I created and the entire Appalachian Trail on a 2GB SD card...takes about 1.6GB, most of that is City Navigator (1.5GB). A friend has the newer City Navigator NT and it's less than 1GB.