DeLorme send to GPS offline?

kchunks

I posted this over in GPS and technology but I am guessing it most likely belongs here.

I am planning on a little caching today which will be the first time in months. When I tried the "Send to GPS" feature and selected the DeLorme tab I got the internal server error message "there is a problem with the resource you are looking for and it can not be displayed." Has this been gone for a while and I have been gone too long or is there something I can do? I tried it from a few caches and the same story from each one. I am not a premium member nor do I use the DeLorme cache register program.

Windows XP and Firefox 3.5.7, both regularly updated. When the Garmin tab shows up it looks fine (it does not detect the plug-in as I have never installed it) and when I select the DeLorme tab the problem arises.

Miller's Crossing GCJWCD

UM Free Time waster GCHK5X

As it is an internal server error, I don't think it is a cable issue.

Copy and paste.

Server Error

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Edit- for the record I have tried rebooting everything.

Edited by kchunks

I am have the same problem. I use IE and Google Chrome and both do the same. I think it may be something to do with the upgrade. My PN-40 is new and have only tried after the update. Communication works fine with TOPO USA 8. The unit came with firmware ver. 2.6. I tried installing plugin from website which did not work due to not being able to go to the Delorme tab without the server error. I then installed the plug in manually from the Delorme website. Still did not work. Upgraded firmware to ver. 2.7. Same steps as previously stated and same results.

Did the same steps on Google Chrome and still get the same error message.

Removed the Garmin communicator plug in and repeated the same steps with identical results.

Deleted all cookies, temp files and history with numerous reboots. Same results.

I do not know where else to turn.

Any Help?

I have a PN-20 with current updates. However, as the message is an internal server error, it is not the device. Without any device plugged in to the computer one should be able to click on "Send to GPS" and then get the pop up with the Garmin plug-in option and the DeLorme tab to select (unless previous settings have been made). No device needed to get anyone that far. As some folks have not had issues sending those caches to their GPS units it could be something with the way my computer talks to the web site. However, I am at a loss.

Edited by kchunks

I had the same problem with my PN-40. It got fixed but today it is back to the error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Anyone having the problem today?

Whoever you are (I know that you're not tom) I just tried sending a cache and it worked. So, who knows. My default is set to DeLorme now and I do not have to select a tab. I just click the send button and I'm done. My previous problem was that I had to select the DeLorme tab and there was a server error when that happened. Post your OS and browser for the fix it folks and let them know when the error occurs (when you click send or when you select the DeLorme tab).

The box for Garmin or Delorme tab doesn't come up, the 404 error is the only thing that comes up. I have a netbook and a desk top both have XP system. The same problem on both, 1 has explorer 8 and the other explorer 7.

Whar's so frustrating is that both have been working for 2 days.

Today1-17 it is working again.

Edited by not tom

I am having a similar problem, but not quite the same. I just got a new computer with Windows 7, installed the plugin for both Garmin and DeLorme, and both plugins work fine in Internet Explorer 8, and the Garmin plugin works in Firefox 3.6, but the Delorme does not. I want to use Firefox. Any ideas?