GSAK screwed up

Scubasonic

I'm going to guess he is referring to pasting the output from some GSAK macro (FindStatGen) into his profile page.

It's a general problem for FindStatGen macro users....but it's not clear whose issue it is.

It's only been since the site update... I updated my profile this afternoon prior to the change and it was fine... after the change... not so much

I'm going to guess he is referring to pasting the output from some GSAK macro (FindStatGen) into his profile page.

It's a general problem for FindStatGen macro users....but it's not clear whose issue it is.

Sorry OK I got 2 FTFs and ran the FindStatgen and it looked ok when completed with all of my stats but when I tried to update profile on Grocaching by highlighting and then CNTL V to save the changes it was not the same lost my ststs how they were arranged.

Scubasonic

<_< Thanks, Scuba... that's MUCH clearer :P

I guess what you are saying is that you tried to update the stats on your profile by running the GSAK stats macro, then doing a copy/paste to your profile from the page the macro generated, only to find that the results did not look like you expected. Am I getting anywhere near GZ yet?

Actually, aside from a small box at the bottom center of the Cumulative Finds by Month section (and I also see that on my own stats) your profile page looks fine to me. What exactly are you seeing that doesn't look right?

Edited by knowschad

Add our profile to those on which stats are not displaying correctly.

When I run the "Find Statistics Generator" macro, the report generated looks as it should. When I go to "My Account Details" and click on "Preview Profile Details", everything looks fine. When I go to my "Your Profile" page and click on the "My Public Profile" link, the stats report shown is missing large sections and much of what is shown is misaligned.

Hmmm.

Any tips and/or suggestions would be appreciated!

Add our profile to those on which stats are not displaying correctly.

When I run the "Find Statistics Generator" macro, the report generated looks as it should. When I go to "My Account Details" and click on "Preview Profile Details", everything looks fine. When I go to my "Your Profile" page and click on the "My Public Profile" link, the stats report shown is missing large sections and much of what is shown is misaligned.

Hmmm.

Any tips and/or suggestions would be appreciated!

Once again, your profile (and your stats) looks just fine to me. I'd love to hear exactly what someone is seeing that doesn't look right. My own FindStatsGen profile also looks OK to me, so these reports are rather puzzling.

FF 3.5.7

My FindStatGen profile is totally screwed. At the top was a world66 map of the United States with the state I found caches in. It is gone. All the tables have the borders and grid lines missing. All the spacing is screwed up. It looks ugly, but the local version look fine. The site screwed something up on the HTML desplay.

Jim

Edited by jholly

Using FF 3.5.7 and IE 8.0 with XP here and stats are still messed up on both.

I found this over on the GSAK Forum under "Macro Support":

"I don't intend to do anything for the moment. Nate posted later today on the GC forums that they are aware of problems with HTML Tidy on the Profile pages and will post some fixes over the next few days. Until everything has settled down and GC.com is stable there's little point in worrying about it or doing a lot of work chasing a moving target.

"If some of the changes aren't undone (they now strip out all dynamic html for example) then some features such as the numeric overlays on maps will disappear. The GC profile page only supports a small subset of full html and it gets increasingly difficult to wax creative within those decreasing limitations. They have also made significant css changes which would be easy to fix if they allowed the profile owner to use css, unfortunately they strip out any css you put in the profile to try and correct it!

"I'm traveling on business anyway this week and reprogramming the look and feel on a 10" Netbook screen is not my idea of fun. Let's give it to the weekend and see whether the site is stable, if so then I'll have the time to look at it and see what we can recover and what we have to kill. Look on the positive side, perhaps it was time for a revamp of the FSG look and feel anyway."

The above from the creator of FindStatGen.

At least it sounds like both sides are aware of the problem and will be taking steps to get it fixed!

I agree with jholly. At the top of her GSAK stats, the maps are missing (IE8 and FF3.5.7). For my GSAK stats, there is no map problem, but I only show PA and it's not at the top of my stats. Also, the borders/grid lines are missing.

This is NOT a GSAK macro problem - it is a GC.COM problem. The macro has not changed - GS.COM has. When I generate my results, they look as they always have when GSAK displays them. When I paste the results in GC.COM, then display them, they lose the grids/borders. It's a little less readable, but certainly not the end of the world.

I also agree with the above.

My profile was correctly showing a UK county map, a UK region map and a Europe map of my finds (produced by Findstatgen and showing correctly in IE8 & Firefox).

I have made no changes to my profile, but the one now shown in GC.COM only shows the UK County map. The lateral alignment of sections is also wrong.

Coupled with the loss of Grease Monkey functions, (scripts provided by Prime Suspect and FollowThe Arrow) the new "improved" GC.COM has some way to go just to get me back to where I was!

Chris

Hey Frank, I appreciate you trolling in the forums and all but if you're not going to help out could you take it to the Off Topic section?

As for the FindStatGen gsak plugin, I'm working with lignumaqua on it. The HTML it generates seems to be malformed and the new version of tidy is less forgiving than the older one. The reason for the upgrade of Tidy is that the older version was built in 2003 and had some memory corruption issues. We noticed it would start showing HTML from other tidy instances which is a bad thing overall.

I'll post back after I have further dialog with lignumaqua.

-Raine

Hey Frank, I appreciate you trolling in the forums and all but if you're not going to help out could you take it to the Off Topic section?

As for the FindStatGen gsak plugin, I'm working with lignumaqua on it. The HTML it generates seems to be malformed and the new version of tidy is less forgiving than the older one. The reason for the upgrade of Tidy is that the older version was built in 2003 and had some memory corruption issues. We noticed it would start showing HTML from other tidy instances which is a bad thing overall.

I'll post back after I have further dialog with lignumaqua.

-Raine

Thanks Raine. I'm sure you and lignumaqua will get it resolved.

Jim

-Raine

Yep - we're working on it! Nate and Raine have both been extremely helpful and I'm sure we'll get it back where it should be. I want to thank them for their support.

As Raine said some of the html tweaks I put in so that FSG would work on all browsers (IE and Opera at the same time was tricky) may no longer work. We'll see where that goes. It's already looking a lot better than it was yesterday.

Mike

My problem isn't so much that the data output graphs, charts, maps etc are messed up. My graphics and grids are as they always were.

My problem is that the DATA i.e. numbers etc are incorrect. For example I have a cache GC1YRCT which has had 17 finds. When I used the latest gpx file from the cache listing it appears on my profile with only 12 finds.

Nearly every one of my owned caches has this inconsistent data. Strangly my found caches seem to be ok.

I have tried using the "MyFinds" pq and a pq of my owned caches, I also manually downloaded all the gpx files of my caches. Each time the numbers are different.

Very frustrating.

There is NO mechanism at geocaching.com for you to load old logs (gpx files loaded from the page only include 20 logs and pocket query results include only 5 logs plus your own). If you need to figure out how to overcome this limitation, then you may want to go to the GSAK forum to read up on how others have handled this deficiency and what you can do about it.

If this seems too complicated and you just want to eliminate this inaccuracy from your display, then simply configure the macro so that it does not compile information for the finds of caches that you have hidden. That is my own preference for handling this issue.

My problem is that the DATA i.e. numbers etc are incorrect. For example I have a cache GC1YRCT which has had 17 finds. When I used the latest gpx file from the cache listing it appears on my profile with only 12 finds.

That's because you only get the last 20 logs when you create that file. And with DNFs and notes, that's only 12 finds.

It's really not a Groundspeak issue. Help (and a solution) is available at GSAK.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php

That's because you only get the last 20 logs when you create that file. And with DNFs and notes, that's only 12 finds.

It's really not a Groundspeak issue. Help (and a solution) is available at GSAK.

This is an issue with the completeness of the logs for your cache in GSAK.

If you use the ADDLOGS macro from time-to-time on your owned caches (in GSAK), it will add recent logs. Please do not abuse this macro.

This is an issue with the completeness of the logs for your cache in GSAK.

If you use the ADDLOGS macro from time-to-time on your owned caches (in GSAK), it will add recent logs. Please do not abuse this macro.

You can probably keep things upto date if you create a bookmark list of your owned cache and then create a PQ from the bookmark list. Running this PQ once or twice a week will keep everything upto date after you run addlogs once. A much more friendly way of doing it.

This is very embarrassing, can you imagine if Microsoft or Apple did something like this to all the third party apps? Very unprofessional, yet this is a professional company. I just do not get it.

Microsoft do it all the time. Update Tuesday is hell for system admins the world over.

I am seeing the same issue, where part of my stats (exported from GSAK) are not showing up on my public profile.

Here are the sections that do not appear (that's noticed so far):

- Finds by Month

- Milestones

- Finds by km from Home

- Finds by Type

- Finds by Difficulty Rating

- Finds by Terrain Rating

- Finds by Owner

- USA - # finds in __ States - ( __%)

They do not show up on my "public profile" page.

(this one: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/ )

They DO show up on the preview page that the GSAK macro shows after exporting, and they also appear on the "preview profile details" page (clicked on at the "Your Account Details" page.

(this one: http://www.geocaching.com/account/preview_...iledetails.aspx )

**I know you'll see your own profile info when visiting those links, but it's those pages where you can see where the error occurs/doesn't occur. That is IF you're running your stats and posting, using GSAK FindStatGen.gsk macro.