Greasemonkey Scripts

Skippermark

I didn't want to post this in the Release Notes thread and clutter it up. I saw that Lil Devil has updated his GM scripts and will be making them available soon. I think the others I use are by Locus Prime, and I wondered if they will be updated too.

These are the ones that I use and love and am thankful for both Lil Devil and Locus Prime for creating them and making them available to everyone.

Lil Devil:

VIP List

Bag-O-Tricks

Locus Prime:

Add Waypoint Finder

Show All Logs

Quick Hint

Yes, thank you!

If any of your scripts made it into the website, that would be sweet and an honor I imagine. By Groundspeak doing that it benefits everyone and not just those using Firefox and Greasemonkey, a small percentage of overall cahers I imagine.

On a related note, Prime's Show All Logs works with the new site update.

I thank Li'l Devil and Prime for pioneering those changes with Greasemonkey, and tip my hat to Groundspeak for recognizing the contributions enough to add them to their website. Its the greatest form of flattery, isn't it?

PS: It MUST include the waypoint entry on every page, preserving the "GC" portion in the same way. And text edit toolbars for logs.

Most of my scripts have now been updated to work with the site layout. However, one of them, VIP List, is a bit more complex than the others and will take me another couple of days to finish.

You can just click the version number of the scripts below to download the scripts directly, or click the names to get more information about the scripts.

Bag 'o' Tricks - version 2.2

Fix Log Page Reload - version 2.1

Travel Bug List Order - version 1.1

Friends List Enhancement - version 2.0

Note: you need to uninstall the previous version before installing the new version of this one script to enable all new functionality. Click here for detailed instructions on how to do this (in the big blue box).

VIP List - version 2.1 - Coming Soon!

Most of my scripts have now been updated to work with the site layout. However, one of them, VIP List, is a bit more complex than the others and will take me another couple of days to finish.

You can just click the version number of the scripts below to download the scripts directly, or click the names to get more information about the scripts.

VIP List - version 2.1 - Coming Soon!

Thank you ...

I really miss my cache2friend - script from http://rflexor.cachezentrale.de/ ....

Is there any chance to update this ?!?

I didn't want to post this in the Release Notes thread and clutter it up. I saw that Lil Devil has updated his GM scripts and will be making them available soon. I think the others I use are by Locus Prime, and I wondered if they will be updated too.

These are the ones that I use and love and am thankful for both Lil Devil and Locus Prime for creating them and making them available to everyone.

Lil Devil:

VIP List

Bag-O-Tricks

Locus Prime:

Add Waypoint Finder

Show All Logs

Quick Hint

I enjoy(ed) using many scrips from both of those developers, but I would be more interested to know which script(s) were being incorporated into site functionality. (Betting that that will be the shorter list)

What is the script that put the GC code box input box in the left column under the 'shop for gear' link?

I believe it is the "GC Add Waypoint Finder" script. That is something I hope they put into general use. I loved being able to type in either GC codes or tracking numbers into it from any page on the site and go to that item's page.

I'm also hoping that GCBBCode gets included. It was wonderful for enhancing the logging page.

What is the script that put the GC code box input box in the left column under the 'shop for gear' link?
That is Prime Suspect's awesome script. I also hope that Groundspeak implements it, but if they do, they need to implement it EXACTLY as it was. That was the one and only masked waypoint input box that works as it should regarding the way it handled the "GC" portion.

I thank Li'l Devil and Prime for pioneering those changes with Greasemonkey, and tip my hat to Groundspeak for recognizing the contributions enough to add them to their website. Its the greatest form of flattery, isn't it?

PS: It MUST include the waypoint entry on every page, preserving the "GC" portion in the same way. And text edit toolbars for logs.

That script has been fixed. Reinstall it, and it should work as before. Others will be along soon.

That script has been fixed. Reinstall it, and it should work as before. Others will be along soon.

I'm not getting it to work. Anyone else having troubles with this script?

I uninstalled it first then reinstalled and closed my browser and restarted and the GC box isn't showing.

I'm not getting it to work. Anyone else having troubles with this script?

I uninstalled it first then reinstalled and closed my browser and restarted and the GC box isn't showing.

Works for me. No restarting necessary either.

Thanks, Prime Suspect.

By the way, Quick Hints is a quick fix. "Encrypt" is now "ctl00_ContentBody_Encrypt" and "Hints" is now "ctl00_ContentBody_Hints".

mmm ... I must be doing something wrong.

Reinstalling Log Maximizer doesn't work ... (didn't try others)

OOOOps ... I thought it were updated, but the version on http://gmscripts.locusprime.net/ is the old one, so I guess they are not updated ... right?

Did you uninstall the old version first, I had to remove the old and install the new.

yes I did, but ...

Where are the new versions???? On the page it says last version is

Change Log: v2.2 (2008-10-14) -

Edited by DeepButi

I must be missing something ...

Change Log:

v1.4 (2009-01-26) -

Edited. I was wrong. This one works. Thanks a lot.

Edited by DeepButi

I guess I wont use it. One one pc it installs but fails to work. Cant open it up to see what version it is. It runs Linux, which the script worked fine with before the downgrade last week.

The other pc will open the script up so I can see the version but wont install. Right clicking gives me no option to save. This pc runs Win XP.

Both pcs have the latest Firefox downloaded.

Thanks to Groundspeak all this stuff doesn't work anymore but it did before the latest *upgrade*.

I had been using two scripts: one to show thumbnails of photos on logs instead of links, and one that decrypted the hint without having to reload the page. Have these two scripts been updated yet?

Also, is there a script in the works to get rid of all the whitespace on pages that list caches, like my nearest caches page? I hate the new layout and would love a script like that!

Thanks for all the writers of GM scripts for making my caching experience more pleasant!

I had been using two scripts: one to show thumbnails of photos on logs instead of links, and one that decrypted the hint without having to reload the page. Have these two scripts been updated yet?

I've updated my geothumbs script to work with the new site changes. The latest version is 3.2 which you can download from here.

Gary

Got it! Thanks... no... MANY thanks!

Hello, can you help me with script Log Find Counter? Does someone have this script repaired? Thanks

Not on the fixed list yet. There are a lot of scripts, and only so much free time.

I have to tell you that the script I miss the most is the Gallery enhancer. Please please put this one at the top of the list to fix.

Instructions on how to repair Log Find Counter here at post #37. It's easy and works.

If we're talking of Locus Prime's GC Find Counter v1.3, I've tried to edit this as mentioned in post #37 and found the lines I was supposed to edit were not identical to those described in the post. So rather than mess with something I did not fully understand, I've not been able to update my versions.

Could someone provide a working copy for those of us who are not GreaseMonkey script experts please? (Ideally a script that inserts the words "Cache No" before the counter number, and that inserts the information at the live insert point in the log box rather than right at the top left corner.

Thanks

Chris

Instructions on how to repair Log Find Counter here at post #37. It's easy and works.

If we're talking of Locus Prime's GC Find Counter v1.3, I've tried to edit this as mentioned in post #37 and found the lines I was supposed to edit were not identical to those described in the post. So rather than mess with something I did not fully understand, I've not been able to update my versions.

Could someone provide a working copy for those of us who are not GreaseMonkey script experts please? (Ideally a script that inserts the words "Cache No" before the counter number, and that inserts the information at the live insert point in the log box rather than right at the top left corner.

Thanks

Chris

I just fixed this one and the quick hints using the information provided and had no problem. It did take a bit of looking to find the correct lines in the find counter script but it was there just as it was shown. Go through it slowly and you should find it. Now if we can get the log maximizer working.

Thanks

Chris

Yes, I'm talkiong about Locus Prime's GC Find COunter v1.3 and the lines were exactly the ones on the post ... :huh: (and no, I'm not at all a GM expert).

On

/*

Geocaching Find Counter - v1.3 2008-08-02

I changed:

//  Get currently signed-on geocaching.com profile.
// ECG var e_LogIn = document.getElementById("Header1_urlLogin");
var e_LogIn = document.getElementById("ctl00_LoginUrl");

and

//  Get handle to text area.
	// ECG e_TxtArea = document.getElementById("LogBookPanel1_tbLogInfo");
	e_TxtArea = document.getElementById("ctl00_ContentBody_LogBookPanel1_tbLogInfo");

and

//  Set drop-down to Found.
function SetToFound() {
	// ECG e_ddLogType = document.getElementById('LogBookPanel1_ddLogType');
	e_ddLogType = document.getElementById('ctl00_ContentBody_LogBookPanel1_ddLogType');

nothing else.

To add "Cache No" I guess you should change

// ECG e_TxtArea.value = iFindCounter + '. ' + e_TxtArea.value;
	e_TxtArea.value = 'Cache No ' + iFindCounter + '. ' + e_TxtArea.value;

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Chris

Yes, I'm talkiong about Locus Prime's GC Find COunter v1.3 and the lines were exactly the ones on the post ... :) (and no, I'm not at all a GM expert).

On

/*

Geocaching Find Counter - v1.3 2008-08-02

I changed:

//  Get currently signed-on geocaching.com profile.
// ECG var e_LogIn = document.getElementById("Header1_urlLogin");
var e_LogIn = document.getElementById("ctl00_LoginUrl");

and

//  Get handle to text area.
	// ECG e_TxtArea = document.getElementById("LogBookPanel1_tbLogInfo");
	e_TxtArea = document.getElementById("ctl00_ContentBody_LogBookPanel1_tbLogInfo");

and

//  Set drop-down to Found.
function SetToFound() {
	// ECG e_ddLogType = document.getElementById('LogBookPanel1_ddLogType');
	e_ddLogType = document.getElementById('ctl00_ContentBody_LogBookPanel1_ddLogType');

nothing else.

To add "Cache No" I guess you should change

// ECG e_TxtArea.value = iFindCounter + '. ' + e_TxtArea.value;
	e_TxtArea.value = 'Cache No ' + iFindCounter + '. ' + e_TxtArea.value;

Hope it helps.

Yep, those worked great, thanks! :huh:

I have to tell you that the script I miss the most is the Gallery enhancer. Please please put this one at the top of the list to fix.

I liked that one, too. So much so I hacked together a fix so it would at least show the larger pictures. I commented out everything else because I didn't have enough time to fix that. A tested, complete release for that one would be nice.

Oddly enough, the script I made to put the Waymarking.com waymarks on the gc.com cache map didn't require any modification to work properly with the new site. How about that? The needed DOM elements and structure didn't change between versions, is all.