Best 'skirt lifter' pic yet.

gatoller

I'm not a fan of 'skirt lifters' at all, and the old picture of the ammo box jammed under a skirt is hilarious. Though this really isn't a joke, it did make me chuckle some, only because it's a good example of why some things just shouldn't be done:

pipe_bomb_geochaching_geocache_midland_academy_sports1.jpg

pipe_bomb_geochaching_geocache_midland_academy_sports.jpg

Full story at this link:

http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2010/0...demy_sports.txt

Edited by gatoller

I won't judge whether or not skirt lifters should be allowed (even though they're lame). But what I find suspect is the lack of intelligent thought about deploying the bomb-sniffing robot to a skirt lifter. I mean, how many terrorists plant bombs in a Walmart parking lot? For the high kill factor?? Sounds as crazy as Dakota County deploying an entire crime scene when someone discovered a toe pincher coffin in the woods.

Better safe than sorry I guess... er, wait. Maybe not.

Edited by bflentje

...But what I find suspect is the lack of intelligent thought about deploying the bomb-sniffing robot to a skirt lifter. I mean, how many terrorists plant bombs in a Walmart parking lot?

As much as I hope it never happens, I've always thought that if terrorists really wanted to strike fear into Americans and grind our economy to a halt, they would strike out at random on low security and low priority targets and forget entirely about airlines and big buildings. There's no security and it really personalizes the attack for many people -- just look at the damage caused by the DC sniper or all of the disco bombings or fast food shootings in the 70's.

I'm glad LEO's are very cautious with this kind of stuff and think it's very important for 'cache hiders to gain appropriate permission before placing them. I think a lot of people use the presence of other caches as precedent and don't get permission prior to hiding theirs.

As much as I hope it never happens, I've always thought that if terrorists really wanted to strike fear into Americans and grind our economy to a halt, they would strike out at random on low security and low priority targets and forget entirely about airlines and big buildings. There's no security and it really personalizes the attack for many people -- just look at the damage caused by the DC sniper or all of the disco bombings or fast food shootings in the 70's.

I'm glad LEO's are very cautious with this kind of stuff and think it's very important for 'cache hiders to gain appropriate permission before placing them. I think a lot of people use the presence of other caches as precedent and don't get permission prior to hiding theirs.

I have often thought the same thing. Blow up a ferris wheel at a county fair in Iowa and suddenly nowhere is safe.

Don't forget that bomb disposal tech's are trained to expect the worst. Their life depends on it.

Sounds as crazy as Dakota County deploying an entire crime scene when someone discovered a toe pincher coffin in the woods.

Better safe than sorry I guess... er, wait. Maybe not.

Reminds me of....

I want tell you about the town of Stockbridge, Massachusets, where this happened here, they got three stop signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars, being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station. They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to mention the aerial photography.

Every time I see one of these, and read that they're considering charging someone for the cost, I think of how much a training opportunity costs. Seems like it's a pain in the neck and all, but still a good training run in real-life situations that you just can't reproduce in a staged training area. In the end it's good news, which is, well, Good, and the people involved know what they're doing that much more. It's something of a win-win.

I thought it would be a picture of a bottle of gin.

Actually this is more along the lines of what I expected:

marilyn-monroe.jpg

She wore 2 pairs of undies for that photo shoot for "The Seven Year Itch" movie. It also caused a disagreement with hubby Joe DiMaggio which probably ultimately led to their divorce. When she was found dead 8 years later,

DiMaggio believed that it was the same day that they had originally promised to renew their vows, when it actually was a setup to get Robert Kennedy into trouble. When he found the body, he started to take it to the hospital, but then realized she was dead and took it back to where it was and took off. Joe DiMaggio stopped talking to the press after that, believing she had suicided over him. Later her house would be sold and an extensive set of wires from the FBI would be found coming out of her roof from the next owner....

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I wonder if the "property owner" was consulted before the LEOs spent the time to investigate this one.

First of all no, they would not waste time figuring out who to contact and where they were. They would get right to work.

Second, wasn't it an employee of the store who called after being alerted by a customer? Even if it wasn't see the first point.

I want tell you about the town of Stockbridge, Massachusets, where this happened here, they got three stop signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars, being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station. They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to mention the aerial photography.

Somebody could write a song about that :P:lol:

Somebody could write a song about that :P:lol:

You may know somebody in a similar

situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a

situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into

the shrink wherever you are, just walk in say "Shrink, You can get

anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.". And walk out. :D

marilyn-monroe.jpg

She wore 2 pairs of undies for that photo shoot for "The Seven Year Itch" movie. It also caused a disagreement with hubby Joe DiMaggio which probably ultimately led to their divorce. When she was found dead 8 years later,

DiMaggio believed that it was the same day that they had originally promised to renew their vows, when it actually was a setup to get Robert Kennedy into trouble. When he found the body, he started to take it to the hospital, but then realized she was dead and took it back to where it was and took off. Joe DiMaggio stopped talking to the press after that, believing she had suicided over him. Later her house would be sold and an extensive set of wires from the FBI would be found coming out of her roof from the next owner....

Thanks for the interesting, yet mostly useless information. :P But that is indeed "the best skirt lifter pic yet", and will never be surpassed. That is one beautiful skirt in Midland though. Awesome blue paint job. And the concrete base; is that paint, or is it wrapped in some sort of blue material?

marilyn-monroe.jpg

Thanks for the interesting, yet mostly useless information. :rolleyes:

OK! OK! I admit it! I have been using the forums as a vehicle to transmit secret coded information to the other shapeshifter agents of the illuminatti throughout the planet!!! :anibad:

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

Somebody could write a song about that :shocked::)

You may know somebody in a similar

situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a

situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into

the shrink wherever you are, just walk in say "Shrink, You can get

anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.". And walk out. :huh:

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty seven eight-by-ten

colour glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the paragraph on

the back of each one, and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want

you to go and sit down on that bench that says Group W .... NOW kid!!"

You all did notice where this took place, right? Midland Texas? As in Midland "Former President George Bush has a ranch just down the road a bit" Texas?

I would imagine with a former US President living in the area the plolice would be a little more twitchy about suspicious packages left in public places.

Just saying...