Nuvi waypoint folders

Alan2

I'm confused as to where and how to handle various files and waypoints in my Nuvi 765?

1. Points downloaded from Mapsource? How do I search for them in the Nuvi? How do you delete the points?

2. Points downloaded using POI Loader? How do I search for them in the Nuvi? How do you delete the points?

3. Which folder do you copy MP3 files into the Nuvi?

I use a Nuvi 760 - should have similar formats.

1. They are downloaded as waypoints. (from menu screen) Where to? - Favorites -

When you select a waypoint, you have an edit option, wherein you can delete the waypoint individually.

Addtionally, Tools - [down arrow] - My Data - Delete Favorite(s) will give you an option to delete en masse.

2. Where to? - [down arrow] - Extras - Custom POIs

POIs can only be deleted by resetting the Nuvi, or using the POI Loader.

3. MP3s can go in the hard drive of the Nuvi, generally ID'ed by your computer as Garmin Nuvi, or into the data card ID'ed by your computer based on the name of your card. Mine shows up as SANDISK 2GB. All my MP3s are on the data card with no folders. If you put them on the hard drive, I don't recall if you need to put them in the Audible file or not.

One tip: to create space on the Nuvi hard drive, find the Voice file in the Garmin folder and delete the languages you will not be using. I created about a gig of space doing that.