Source for bison tubes and nano containers in bulk (~100 pieces each)

I tried searching to see if this had been covered before--this restriction on searching for strings under five characters seems weird and counterproductive.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone could tell me a good source for bison tubes and/or magnetic "nano" containers in small bulk quantities--about a hundred pieces or so.

I'm in the Southeastern U.S.

Thanks.

I tried searching to see if this had been covered before--this restriction on searching for strings under five characters seems weird and counterproductive.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone could tell me a good source for bison tubes and/or magnetic "nano" containers in small bulk quantities--about a hundred pieces or so.

Thanks.

you can search for any words (no matter the character length), by typing the terms into google and then ending it with site:forums.Groundspeak.com

for example: nano source site:forums.Groundspeak.com

Thanks.

This ebay seller will help you out

http://shop.ebay.com/mathew2005castle/m.ht...p;_trksid=p4340

I beg you...Please...just don't do it!!

laugh.gif

I've hidden a few, in large parks, but only artfully. :)

I don't really consider 100 bulk, not when there are sources where you can really get them in bulk. Usually orders of 500 pieces on up.

I like bison tubes as long as they aren't thrown into a pile or rocks or something else reprehensible. Found a very neat one hidden by #1 geobears over the weekend.

I just ordered 100 bison tubes off ebay that each have a log, and a vial containing a log... that should keep me busy hiking in Oregon and Washington for awhile after I get back to the states.

"Hiking" and "bison tube" do not go well together. Please consider placing full-sized caches in areas that can support them, and leave the bisons for urban hides.

I just ordered 100 bison tubes off ebay that each have a log, and a vial containing a log... that should keep me busy hiking in Oregon and Washington for awhile after I get back to the states.

"Hiking" and "bison tube" do not go well together. Please consider placing full-sized caches in areas that can support them, and leave the bisons for urban hides.

Unless you are hiking along the highway trying to make a cheap power trail. (even then it would be nice to have a few regular sized caches.

Unless you are hiking along the highway trying to make a cheap power trail. (even then it would be nice to have a few regular sized caches.

:) Oh, this was one of the more funny things I've read for a while. I knew there would be instant responses. Thanks for the laugh, guys. *wipes tear from eye*

what, you dont want to hike for a 200-stage multicache with an ammo-can at the end? :)

Thanks.

I wouldn't recommend buying this many units from an ebay geocaching-stuff supplier (unless it's me). I'd cut out the middle man and order them from a wholesaler, instead.

what, you dont want to hike for a 200-stage multicache with an ammo-can at the end? :grin:

Sure.. put it on the Pacific Crest trail.. Stages 10-15 miles apart and away from road crossings.

what, you dont want to hike for a 200-stage multicache with an ammo-can at the end? :grin:

Sure.. put it on the Pacific Crest trail.. Stages 10-15 miles apart and away from road crossings.

Hint: It's in the bush.

what, you dont want to hike for a 200-stage multicache with an ammo-can at the end? :D

Hint: It's in the bush.

Yep.. well maybe cactus in the south.. then nice thick junipers or whatever from there on. :grin: I just stuck one of those on my ignore list yesterday, but I only had walked 20 feet to get there so it was not a huge time investment.

I'm not sure I could convince my other half to let me go hike the PCT start to finish after being in Iraq for a year.

But dont worry, no long powertrails. Just some quality cache "bread crumbs" towards regular sized caches. I figured 100 bison tubes should last me about 3years.

Thanks.

I wouldn't recommend buying this many units from an ebay geocaching-stuff supplier (unless it's me). I'd cut out the middle man and order them from a wholesaler, instead.

So where is the best place to buy bison tubes? Please let me know because I'm thinking of getting some. Anyone who reads this please let me know where you buy yours, along with any kind of geocaching items, like TB and coins.

Thanks.

So where is the best place to buy bison tubes? Please let me know because I'm thinking of getting some. Anyone who reads this please let me know where you buy yours, along with any kind of geocaching items, like TB and coins.

Lee Valley has a pretty good price, plus they come on a cool lanyard: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=...amp;cat=1,43326

Thanks.

Lee Valley has a pretty good price, plus they come on a cool lanyard: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=...amp;cat=1,43326

Do you know if they ship to Canada, and do you know any Canadian sites that have good prices like that?

I don't see buying 100 bison tubes or blinkies to be to crazy. I know over the years I have been caching I have gone threw more then that. I once found a cool bigger sized camo bison tube on ebay that was $5.95 for one tube. But if you bought 25 it worked out to be around $2 each. I bought those and they have been gone for a while.  I should probably get more.

However we have been playing for many years and have many hides.  We also help out a few friend cachers from time to time with there hides.  A new cacher with only a few finds I don't think would need that many.

• Upvote 1