Midwest Geobash 2010! August 5-8, Wauseon, OH

-Eleanor-

With registration starting soon, I went looking for last years reservation.

It appears that previous registrations are not viewable on the web-site and the e-mail sent to me do not indicate site. Does anyone have any ideas on where this info may be?

I think you stayed in site A51-8 last year Jon. If that is what you were wanting to know.

I'm not sure if you are a tent camper or RVer.

From the tent camping perspective, I would camp in the general camping area.

Unless you are a night owl, that allows you to retreat from the party area. (Area 51).

Feel free to join us at Area 51 for as long as you like, though.

For the general camping area, as it is a fairgrounds, there isn't much shade.

A canopy can be very nice.

I believe that general camping allows a car on the campsite.

If there are more cars than can fit on your site, there is parking within reasonable walking distance for additional cars.

If you are bringing anything electric, watch the specific site notes when reserving.

Some require RV adapters to bring them back to normal 15 amp 120 volt outlets.

(These are less than $10, but need to be brought along and are available at many places. [Walmart is one.)

I know you asked about specific sites, but I don't think I can help with a specific site.

Any other specific questions that I could be of assistance with?

Since this is such a large event, does anyone ever put out carpool requests or anything of the sort of they plan to attend and have extra seats? Frankly, my own personal dilemma is I'm not entirely sure if my vehicle (an '86 Pontiac Parisienne) will make it to Ohio and back (and even if it did, the gas it would use would be ridiculous!) and since I only know a couple people within a 15-mile radius that are passionate cachers (and are not even sure if they're attending), it may be tricky for me to finagle something.

Just thought I'd post and see if this is a common practice for the larger events or is a taboo request. If this is inappropriate for whatever reason, feel free to let me know and I will cease discussion. :unsure:

Since this is such a large event, does anyone ever put out carpool requests or anything of the sort of they plan to attend and have extra seats? Frankly, my own personal dilemma is I'm not entirely sure if my vehicle (an '86 Pontiac Parisienne) will make it to Ohio and back (and even if it did, the gas it would use would be ridiculous!) and since I only know a couple people within a 15-mile radius that are passionate cachers (and are not even sure if they're attending), it may be tricky for me to finagle something.

Just thought I'd post and see if this is a common practice for the larger events or is a taboo request. If this is inappropriate for whatever reason, feel free to let me know and I will cease discussion. :o

It's not uncommon at all. But you won't get much traffic here to see your request. I didn't look up where in PA you're from, but I would try NEPAG, TRIGO, PAGA, etc. A local organizations forums will generate a lot more info for you to find locals.

The Moop Along

Midwest Geobash