my hubby thinks....

bonblu

geocaching is a waste of time.....but i enjoy it! (i'm still new at it.)

when i was tell ing him about this one cache we had to locate (we had to find the tombstone of the family that was murdered, then find the cache 57 feet away at a 45° bearing), he was a little more conducive to the idea....

or when i told him about the history lessons that can be learned, he lightened up a little more....

and i talked about the walking and exercising that i can get in by taking long walks in parks, etc.....

can anyone help me convince him to join me instead of knocking my new hobby??

thanks!

thanks....read the link...

he has mentioned that we should quit "looking" for caches all the time and actually "hide" some of our own.....maybe that's the new angle to get him hooked!

bonblu

That sounds like a positive turn in his thinking. I'd encourage him to take the lead on that. It sounds like he is still keeping his mind open. Keep looking for angles that appeal to him. It sounds like the historical and the technical aspects of certain caches pique his interest. You'll probably do best if you include at least one of those in your caching outings. Good luck to you!

My boyfriend "went along with it" for about a week of me just making plans and talking...finally he came out and said that he just wasn't into this idea. It hurt my feelings cause i wanted it to be something we could do together and still start out close to home. After a few days of me being restless, he accidentally said something about his gps and it made me think. I asked him what would he think about going, if all he had to do was operate the gps and i'd actually go looking for the stuff? He seemed more interested after that. He's not a fan of plundering in public. I however, don't mind it a bit. Its finding something that uses both of your skills--Together!

--LeAnn--

when i was tell ing him about this one cache we had to locate (we had to find the tombstone of the family that was murdered, then find the cache 57 feet away at a 45° bearing), he was a little more conducive to the idea....

or when i told him about the history lessons that can be learned, he lightened up a little more....

and i talked about the walking and exercising that i can get in by taking long walks in parks, etc.....

thanks!

Maybe you should make some hides, with him the only one that has the coord's for him to find and then when he finds it, you could give him a Treat.

thanks!

Maybe you should make some hides, with him the only one that has the coord's for him to find and then when he finds it, you could give him a Treat.

And don't forget to pet him and tell him he's a good boy. :)

thanks!

lol!!