Sudbury Ontario Cachers

choochoo1996

We are Joanne and Steve and we are looking for fellow cachers/finders in the Sudbury area. We are new to this very exciting hobby/sport, and would like to start or join a group here. Any info would be greatly appreciated....

try contacting this guy--rbell01824

There is also a little facebook group you can look into

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#...?gid=2357485473

If you are ever in North bay let me know I'll go,

Bryan

Had a great day today. Found 3 caches despite the snow.....Even had Joanne digging around.....lol....Got stumped on 2 others but I think it was cause the clouds were rolling in...1 cahe I found gps said I was 23 feet from it when I had it in my hand.....Would a low ceiling affect gps accuracy.....first cache this morning, gps accuracy was a foot when I found it.....Why is it that sometimes I get sent in a big circle after several minutes of trying to locate the coordinates,,,,,,like I think I am getting close, after I hold still for a while I get a 10 feet oposite direction signal....so change to new location.... anyway walk around in a circle of about 40 foot diameter....and still get different readings...Are gps s affected by proximety to airports.....

Edited by choochoo1996

Had a great day today. Found 3 caches despite the snow.....Even had Joanne digging around.....lol....Got stumped on 2 others but I think it was cause the clouds were rolling in...1 cahe I found gps said I was 23 feet from it when I had it in my hand.....Would a low ceiling affect gps accuracy.....first cache this morning, gps accuracy was a foot when I found it.....Why is it that sometimes I get sent in a big circle after several minutes of trying to locate the coordinates,,,,,,like I think I am getting close, after I hold still for a while I get a 10 feet oposite direction signal....so change to new location.... anyway walk around in a circle of about 40 foot diameter....and still get different readings...Are gps s affected by proximety to airports.....

When you are within 3-4 meters or your accuracy level at the time you may get false directions and readings----back off about 10 meters and then take a bearing to your target---from then on "you are the search engine"--this is sometimes why we don't find all the caches we look for---enjoy(TY)