CITO Question

redjada

I am planning to hold a few CITO events this spring/summer. I am planning on asking some of the local business to donate water, hand cleaner, paper towels, trash bags, etc... Would it be considered commercial if I had a sign at the event's saying who donated what? For example, Water donated by Johns Food Store.

Thanks for your help

RedJada

Edited by redjada

I wasn't planning on posting the donations on the event listing page. Just something at the event it self. I think I would have a better chance if the donors knew they would be noted at the event. But if having a sign is pushing the guidelines. I guess I could mention where/what came from.

My guess would be the same as GermanSailor: As long as the various businesses are not named on the actual cache page I would think that some more details on a sign at the event itself would be acceptable. (Maybe you could put something like, "Thanks to the local businesses who supported this event" on the actual cache page? :) )

In the end it's your reviewer's opinion that matters. :)

MrsB

We held a CITO in October and had emailed Groundspeak ahead of time about the listing guidelines for naming sponsors. I received this response:

"Hi, Thanks for writing in and asking. No you may not place logos on the event page for a CITO. You can say "Thank you to business X for their support" but you can not place links or logos on the event page."

We did just that and listed our sponsors on the page without any issues. I would think since this was allowed, that a sign at the event would be very appropriate and not give you any trouble.

Thanks everyone, I almost have everything worked out. I am planing on four CITO events this spring/summer, all in the local parks. The park district has agreed to dispose of the trash. The first three will be quick 2 hour CITO's with (hopefully) some give aways T-shirts, Geo coins, swag, etc... The final event will be longer with a cookout and (again, hopefully) a GPS unit to giveaway. I'm thinking for the GPS giveaway, for each event you attend, your name gets entered into the drawing. Attend all four, get entered four times.

Right now, Im waiting to hear something on the GPS's and trying to figure out the dates. Im thinking starting somewhere around late April early May. But NE Ohio is unpredictable. Hopefully in the next week or so, I will have the Event pages posted.

RedJada

I think I have read some where that you can have the Logo as long as it does not have any URL information on it.

I've seen others do it on their event listings but since the response from Groundspeak to my email said NO logo's I abided by the rules. I'd be interested to know if one reviewer would accept it, while another would reject it. Regardless I'll do whatever they tell me I have to do to get the listing published :ph34r:

Pues yo no he tenido problema en poner los logos de los colaboradores del evento, eso si, no son empresas comerciales, mira este enlace:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I have not had problem in putting logos of the collaborators of the event, that if, they are not commercial companies, it wathches this connection:

http://coord.info/GC1XF0H

Saludos./ Greetings.

I think I have read some where that you can have the Logo as long as it does not have any URL information on it.

No. The commercial section of the listing guidelines applies to all listings, including events.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#commercial

Additionally, .... the inclusion of their associated logos are not permitted on cache descriptions without prior permission from Groundspeak.

Event listings go out weeks or months in advance. They probably see more edits and changes than any other cache pages. Later additions of event sponsor info with logos and links may explain why you're seeing that.

I generally add a reviewer note at the time of publication explaining what's okay on the cache page; you may thank sponsors by name, "with thanks to Jim's Hardware for their generous sponsorship", but no links or logos.