Geocoin Challenge (Ongoing)

tsunrisebey

Steph - methinks you've created a Hydra here!! :)

You could be very busy in the near and long term adding coins to incoming travellers.

Alberta is next to Montana so I will get a new coin into a cache with a goal of reaching you.

Great idea - should be fun to watch all the coins.

It would be very cool if there was a way to input all the coin locations onto a map every month or so. I'm sure there is and I will bet some techno-whiz in the forums could make it happen. ;)

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Okay TSun, here is our newly activate Blood Drop coin. I've decided to make it more interesting and drop this one in Jamacia and see if it can make it to Montana, I hope it does, I'll enjoy the coins journey.

Oh and did I hear someone say, GO COWBOYS!!!!

Blood Drop Coin

No one will even know who the Cowboys are by Sunday afternoon :unsure: I wore my Brett Favre jersey to work today :)

GO VIKINGS!!!!!

Great to see so many coins getting released and no fear, I got lots of cache hoppers and ready for their journeys :D

OK! Here is my first geocoin I am sending; an eagle that arrived in my mailbox today. It now has been assigned Mission Montana. :unsure:

Send to tsun in Montana 0b92f592-31de-45d3-bc0f-7dff835bbf11.jpg

Throwing out an idea here; maybe after a few weeks, all of the links for the coins traveling toward tsun could be grouped into one post. That way it would be easier for anyone who would like to peek in on their journeys. Good luck coins. Hope many of them make it successfully! Thank you for the fun excuse to set free another geocoin, tsun.

Wow, tsun that is a very, very good challenge, wich I would like to attend. I even have just got an answer to whom I can send the coins to. I was thinking of releasing some more coins, but had no specific goal. NOW I have it.

I think I will be the first german cacher, taking part, but I definitly won`t be the last, I suppose.

Well, I cross fingers for the best team to win, I am more familliar with the Patriots due to my long stay in Boston.

Concerning losses of travelling coins, I like to see them travelling, and have set out a lot in the wild, in the past. Nearly 10-15% of the coins got lost until now, but it is a highly good feeling when a lost coin turns into be life again.

From brilliant designs I like to make a copy and let cachers discover them by sending them around. The rest are in my books and can be discovered on events as usual, I guess.

Well the first to be send out soon to Arkansas for starting the challenge will be TB24F77.

Good luck to all the challengers and a happy new year and have a happy MLK-day.

This is Bizarre! ~ cuz not only did I release a coin to venture to Tsun back in April, but I also JUST 5 minutes ago sent a link of the coin to her! and I never read this thead!!! :) The coin never moved from the cache till September, but I just got a note on it, that it will be in MT soon :shocked: Heres the linky: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...b4-851e57e759ca

The item attached was made by 2 travelers upon see'ing a cache for the 1st time!...a cache that had not been seen for YEARS and mistakenly found after being archived in 05 :huh: It sat in that cache unactivated till another cacher came along for FTF (on a tribute cache) and swooped it up :laughing: I guess i forgot to even activate it! LOL

Heres a link to the cache that was found after not being found since 05! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt= where the coin started. and the tribute cache is GC1R25N :laughing:

Here's two heading your way:

TB26P08

TB2BFHJ

Released them today. Only thing....I didn't read the fine print. I activate several coins and have them ready for release in my SWAG bag. These were activated in the Summer, but have been resting in my swag bag. Fire me a message if I need to send two more. I hope they don't disappear like a lot of my others have!

Here's two heading your way:

TB26P08

TB2BFHJ

Released them today. Only thing....I didn't read the fine print. I activate several coins and have them ready for release in my SWAG bag. These were activated in the Summer, but have been resting in my swag bag. Fire me a message if I need to send two more. I hope they don't disappear like a lot of my others have!

YOu gotta read the fine print and you'll find your answer :ph34r:

OK! Here is my first geocoin I am sending; an eagle that arrived in my mailbox today. It now has been assigned Mission Montana. :ph34r:

Send to tsun in Montana 0b92f592-31de-45d3-bc0f-7dff835bbf11.jpg

Throwing out an idea here; maybe after a few weeks, all of the links for the coins traveling toward tsun could be grouped into one post. That way it would be easier for anyone who would like to peek in on their journeys. Good luck coins. Hope many of them make it successfully! Thank you for the fun excuse to set free another geocoin, tsun.

This is moving along nicely, great to see releases!

Yup momster, that is a good idea, I will work on that when I get some free time. My internet connection over since beginning of January has been terrible. Most of the time I can't stay on longer than 5 minutes for some odd reason even after a 3 hour repair. So I'm not going to attempt all that work only to learn my connection is down, lol.

First coin is ready to start its journey. I was reviewing some of the other coins released and someone had an idea that I liked so I incorporated something similar into the mission of this one.

"To facilitate this coin moving on the mission, I will be holding two cointests.

Cointest #1: For the 5 cachers who move the coin the furthest on its travels to Montana (not overseas/away from the mission/more than two weeks in possesion of), I will hold a random drawing for an unactivated/trackable geocoin to be given away to one of these top 5 people.

Cointest #2: For the 5 cachers who move the coin the fastest towards the goal (not overseas/away from the mission goal/must have a minumum distance of 20 mi.), I will hold a another random drawing for an unactivated/trackable geocoin to be given away to one of these top 5 people.

Drawings for the coins will happen when coin has been sucessfully been picked up by Tsunrisebey in Montana. Thanks in advance for all those cachers who have helped this coin on its way."

It will be interesting if this makes coin roll down the road a little faster. Either way it will be nice to give something back to fellow cachers as this last year has been good to me and my daughters with all the people that we have met and places that we have seen in our first year of geocaching.

TB15Q72

First coin is ready to start its journey. I was reviewing some of the other coins released and someone had an idea that I liked so I incorporated something similar into the mission of this one.

"To facilitate this coin moving on the mission, I will be holding two cointests.

Cointest #1: For the 5 cachers who move the coin the furthest on its travels to Montana (not overseas/away from the mission/more than two weeks in possesion of), I will hold a random drawing for an unactivated/trackable geocoin to be given away to one of these top 5 people.

Cointest #2: For the 5 cachers who move the coin the fastest towards the goal (not overseas/away from the mission goal/must have a minumum distance of 20 mi.), I will hold a another random drawing for an unactivated/trackable geocoin to be given away to one of these top 5 people.

Drawings for the coins will happen when coin has been sucessfully been picked up by Tsunrisebey in Montana. Thanks in advance for all those cachers who have helped this coin on its way."

It will be interesting if this makes coin roll down the road a little faster. Either way it will be nice to give something back to fellow cachers as this last year has been good to me and my daughters with all the people that we have met and places that we have seen in our first year of geocaching.

TB15Q72

This is a GREAT idea :lol: Mind if I steal it?!

Tsun, does a travel tag with a non-trackable coin attached count? I have a few I'm getting ready to send out anyway :lol: I have other coins I could activate too, but I think this is a great way to encourage people to not detach the non-track and keep it, offer to send them the very coin (without the hole) for keeping it traveling and in the right direction!

TB15Q72

This is a GREAT idea B) Mind if I steal it?!

Considering that I got the basis of the idea from another cacher, I'm fine with a little copycatting! :)

I've got my two activated and will post their links soon, but I wanted to offer something to everyone interested in this challenge but may not have available coins:

I am willing to donate a coin and send it on its way to Montana on your behalf. I have lots of extra coins - it's a problem, we all know - and enjoy seeing them travel. I will pick the coin, activate it, place it in the first geocache, and then adopt it over to you.

This is all in the name of getting geocoins out into the world, right?!

Send me an email through my gc.com profile if you're interested. Good luck to everyone's Montana-bound geocoins!

this is mostly tangential and a bit off topic, as it is certainly not part of the geocoin challenge

but it is a travelbug which is a tsun coin

a fellow geocacher (schoolfrenz) from England, whom I met through his paper road rally challenges has launched a tsun coin as a travelbug with a goal to find me in Arizona

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2253410

I am curious to see if this coin can make it all the way like I am curious to watch the other bugs in this challenge

I think this is the list so far:

TB1JK85

TB3BGTX

TB2Z954

TB325D9

TB2KCNC

TB1G9MY

TBYTQ7

TB34EMQ

TB3A8H6

TB3C2A2

TB3CJ57

TB24F77

TB35BXF

TB2TTV1

TB2M785

TB3599Y

TB15Q7Z

TB2M2V3

TB1YW0V

TB1FVRK

TB3AA8Z

If it looks like I missed any please let me know.

Thank you for putting the coin links together sdkonkle. I was going to give it a try, but having put a link into a forum post only once, was not confident I could do so many at once without messing something up.

Rules:

10. No whiners, beggars, crybabies, Steelers/Packers/Cowboy's fans allowed :P

tsun

Just game across this great challenge! Another way to get new coins out in the wild.....Way To Go, Tsun!

That being said, Rule 10 is horrible :D !!!!! :P

How come you picked the great teams...with multiple RINGS? :D

Go Steelers!

I will activate some new coins in the near future!

Who is willing to recieve a coin and put it in a cache? Please let me know thru PM.

Who is willing to recieve a coin and put it in a cache? Please let me know thru PM.

Replying to myself :D

The rules state that the coin may not be dropped in Idaho, Montana or Wyoming. So if someone from another state would be so kind to help me? :D

Thanks to N8turgrl and GeocoinGuy I will have two coins dropped. Thanks to all others who were willing to help me :D

Woo Hoo! My first traveler (TB3599Y) in this race has made it's way into Bozeman, MT (GC14NCW)!!!

This cache is only 97 miles from Tsun!

I have edited its goal to be placed in GC105VJ (I stand alone). Lets hope it gets there in a rapid fashion!

~J

I can guarantee you that cache is buried in some serious snow not to mention on top of a mountain over-looking the Missouri river :surprise: The climb is too dangerous in winter, so you might want to try a different tsun cache :laughing: maybe the Sawmill Gulch "the beginning" cache which is probably findable now and doesn't require a mountain hike. :o

Okay, my coins will be in tomorrows mail on their way to Kentucky.

My missionfriend fscout will release a Dutch 2009 geocoin (TB3BGTX) and

the other coin (TB2Z954) will travel together, attached to a coin of Fscout.

Will be fun to see if these will reach their destination.

Do we need to sepcify a cache it need sto travel to in Montana?

I finally got our coins on the way last week. I'm slow as an old turtle but I usually "get er done". I dropped Milie's first coin and mine in GC1Y0F8. Millie's second coin has been dropped in GC1TE54. They haven't moved yet, probably because of the weather. We have had quite a bit of snow for this part of the country and expecting 3 to 4 more inches tonight. Hope they will move soon.

Today Ruud4d Dutch 2009 Geocoin reach Tsun! (TB3BGPA) was set free in XNA Airport Travellers Hotel by Howlingmoon. Thank you!

Yesterday GeocoinGuy did the same with Ruud4d Flip For It Micro Gecoin reach Tsun (TB30Z77) by dropping it in Phineas Monkey.

And today I got the message that the owner of the cache marked my coin missing. In no longer then 20 hours my coin is lost. :D:o:D:DB)

Ruud,

I really feel bad about that - I placed your coin not even 2 hours after I received it in the heart of the University of Oregon. (I dropped 5 coins in that cache). When I heard that the University has a coin thief about the grounds, I went back to the cache, and retrieved what was left - 2 of the 5 coins were gone - yours and a 2007 Czech coin.

So - being that I feel somewhat stupid and naive about that particular cache placement... if Tsun will allow me, I would like to replace what was lost with another coin and adopt it over to you for this mission. If she will allow this, I will activate it and adopt it over to you tonight - and you can adopt your FLip for it coin to me, so it's my loss and not yours.

Again, I really feel horrible about what had happened. :D

~J

Today Ruud4d Dutch 2009 Geocoin reach Tsun! (TB3BGPA) was set free in XNA Airport Travellers Hotel by Howlingmoon. Thank you!

Yesterday GeocoinGuy did the same with Ruud4d Flip For It Micro Gecoin reach Tsun (TB30Z77) by dropping it in Phineas Monkey.

And today I got the message that the owner of the cache marked my coin missing. In no longer then 20 hours my coin is lost. :D:o:DB):cry:

Ruud,

I really feel bad about that - I placed your coin not even 2 hours after I received it in the heart of the University of Oregon. (I dropped 5 coins in that cache). When I heard that the University has a coin thief about the grounds, I went back to the cache, and retrieved what was left - 2 of the 5 coins were gone - yours and a 2007 Czech coin.

So - being that I feel somewhat stupid and naive about that particular cache placement... if Tsun will allow me, I would like to replace what was lost with another coin and adopt it over to you for this mission. If she will allow this, I will activate it and adopt it over to you tonight - and you can adopt your FLip for it coin to me, so it's my loss and not yours.

Again, I really feel horrible about what had happened. :o

~J

I think you see this the wrong way. First of all, YOU didn't steal them. That was somebody else who has no respect for someone elses things. You just put in a cache for me for which I'm gratefull.

Second, it's my loss. You are not responsible for this.

If Tsun would allow it, I would send you another coin, probably the spare Flip fot It, to be placed in another cache if you would be so kind to do that.

But I read she has a rule for this so I would wait 6 months and then ask if someone would like to place a coin for me.

By the way, I have also a Czech 2007 coin that's up for trade :D:D:D

Edit:

There's also rule number ten: 10. No whiners, beggars, crybabies, Steelers/Packers/Cowboy's fans allowed :)

Edited by Ruud4d