Love Geocoin

Eric K

First off, I'm not looking for a redesign of this coin, just some opinions on finishes and colors. I'm not looking for "I'm not interested" posts, just post for people that would like to help with deciding on what finishes I will go with. :blink:

front3a.jpg

BACK3a.jpg

The hearts on the coin will be a translucent red 'sun catcher' effect.

A few questions.

1. What finishe(s) would you like to see this coin in?

2. Do you think the LOVE lettering should be black or a different color(s)?

3. Any 'minor' changes you would like?

I want to get this idea to the mint quickly so I can have them in hand February.

Feel free to e-mail me at support at usageocoins dot com if you prefer to post your suggestions privately.

Thanks!

Eric K

I like antique metals for this especially antique silver. To me that makes it look more "old-fashioned" LOL Antique gold/bronze would be good too. I think the antique metals would set off the red of the hearts more than a shiny metal would. I would like to see the letters in a little lighter color. I don't think that black and love go together in general if you understand what I mean.

I like the coin.....

I really like this coin.

1. What finishe(s) would you like to see this coin in?

Must agree with the oterhs, antique finishes should work out best for this coin and since I like gold more than silver I would say antique gold or maybe antique bronze.

2. Do you think the LOVE lettering should be black or a different color(s)?

Black should work well.

3. Any 'minor' changes you would like?

nope, I like it just the way it is.

Looking forward to see this coming.

grodan Karin

How about a "Black Heart" version? Have the transparent hearts be black (but still slightly transparent) on black nickel with the lettering and scrollwork in Red.

You know I must admit I like that idea!!!

I'll be sure to give you a freebie for that! Now I don't know if I can do a black translucent. I'll have to do a check.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Hmm... I like this coin! ;)

Now... about the things you are asking.....

I would love to see it in gold! Love is something so precious in our lives....

We buy gold things to show that we are rich, but we are realy rich if we feel love, if we are in love.... Now antique gold or just gold.... Depends on what you like! A shiny gold shows the shiny part of the feeling... but the antique gold.... shows that love is eternal!!!! :blink:

About the colors of the word Love.... you wrote it in calligraphic letters in black.. it looks like a love letter on a piece of paper.... I like it but... I was wondering... can the letters be in glow too??? In that way you can show that with love we glow !!! :D

I do not think it needs anything more in the design or any changes....

Maybe... only if the 2 hearts to be in red glitter... so it will go as glitter - transparent- glitter - transparent.....??? :lol:

How about a "Black Heart" version? Have the transparent hearts be black (but still slightly transparent) on black nickel with the lettering and scrollwork in Red.

Good idea, Tim! 'Specially if the scrollwork were done in translucent IHE red.

CF30

Is there an option for Antique BN? I think theres a Foggy BN which might highlight the details better than a shiny BN, I think BN with the Red Hearts and Red lettering would be pretty :blink:

Also Antique Silver!

I really like the coin. I just wish I was allowing myself to purchase coins anymore. :blink: Maybe I can work out a trade. lol

What about different colors of the heart ? Yellow, pink, red, black (mentioned earlier). Each color means a different thing to different people, kinda like roses.

I like the black heart version idea. Really wishing I could get all versions. LOL They sound so cool. :lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention that I LOVE antique finishes, specially copper, gold, and bronze antiques. ;)

Edited by Howlingmoon
Don't forget ...

A White Glitter Heart for Purity and

A Pink Heart for First Love

White Gltter on Antique Copper

Can't do glitters!! The hearts are see-thru translucent like sun catcher type coins!!

CF30

If the mints can get the translucent enamels to glob like that and hold together w/out metal backing, is it possible to use other types of enamel, like glitter? You wouldn't be able to see through it, but I do think that the white glitter idea would be very pretty!

Great looking coin. I would not change a thing. I think it would look great in a polished gold finish. Black letter though I agree may not say love...but would make the coin "pop". How will you be selling this coin? I would love to have a few for our store.

Send me an e-mail to support at usageocoins dot com.

If you want to buy in quantity for your store I'm sure we can arrange something.

Thanks,

Eric

Pure, passionate, and substantial!

White hearts, red lettering, a 2" polished copper coin delivered in a red velvet bag.

It's Valentines Day, tell her you care!

I like the white idea...

How about a Pure Heart edition and have the metal painted white with black lettering/scrollwork with light pink translucent hearts. Kinda the anti-black heart theme.

There is a White Nickel metal finish...

CF30

my first thought was black but i see 57 has thought of that already,,,what about a purple heart edition in memorial of our troops,, say like a dark purple transparent heart with satin gold coin , purple or black lettering maybe add a buck to the cost of just this edition and donate it to the troops.?!?! :blink:

you could even mention something like give a purple heart to our troops!?!?

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Great looking coin. I would not change a thing. I think it would look great in a polished gold finish. Black letter though I agree may not say love...but would make the coin "pop". How will you be selling this coin? I would love to have a few for our store.

Send me an e-mail to support at usageocoins dot com.

If you want to buy in quantity for your store I'm sure we can arrange something.

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks Eric. Will send you an email.

Cool design!...I like the design the way it is but the other ideas that people have posted would look great too! So many choices!

I was wondering about the "track at geocaching.com" phrase, could it be a more script-like or curvy font to match the prettiness of the rest of the coin??

Great design overall!

heartsdieart.jpg

Above are the variations based on suggestions and what was possible. A few changes will be made as listed below but I wanted to go ahead and post this.

A04 we will change the text from white to black.

A03 (possible) change the trackable text and engraving to white color fill

A05 Change LOVE text to black.

Having the photo samples made and will set up reservations soon.

A01 and A02

Standard version

A03, A04 and A05

Black Heart Version

A06 and A07

Purple Heart version

(Will donate $1 of each of these sold to Operation Homefront)

Thanks,

Eric K

USA Geocoins

You mention A05, A06, and A07, but I don't see them in the picture! :D

Those look awesome, great job!

Scroll to the right. Pic's HUGE. hehe

:grin: Was going to make it smaller but it shrinking the pic made it hard to see the details. :blink:

What about putting the three versions that are on the right, below the rest of the versions ? So it makes the pic LONG, not WIDE ? :D

Like so:

heartsdieartb.jpg

;)

Edited by Howlingmoon

You mention A05, A06, and A07, but I don't see them in the picture! :blink:

Those look awesome, great job!

Scroll to the right. Pic's HUGE. hehe

:grin: Was going to make it smaller but it shrinking the pic made it hard to see the details. ;)

What about putting the three versions that are on the right, below the rest of the versions ? So it makes the pic LONG, not WIDE ? :D

Like so:

heartsdieartb.jpg

;)

Because I'm lazy and you already did it! :D

Thanks!

A06 and A07 ,, WOW you took my idea,, thats SO awesome!! I did not think you liked the idea, you never said!! anyway i think thats great!!!

Yes I did like the idea! Sorry I forgot to post that.

Remind be before they come out and I'll get a few off to you.

Thanks!

Eric

Well I thank you,, im excited to see how they turn out in person.

i have a very good friend across seas, fighting with our troops, he reciently sent me a msg, saying his convoy got blowen up and a guy right next to him got shot ,, but that other then a few scrapes and something called blow back???from the blast ,, he was fine.

thanks for supporting our troops!!!! <_<

If you want to make your reservations early based on the die art you can do so now.

Love Geocoin early reservations

I'm still waiting on the photo samples and was hoping to have them by now. Unfortunately this means the coins probably won't be ready by Valentines Day.

However as soon as I get the photo samples I'm going to only take reservations for a day or two so I can hurry up and get the order in.

I'll post the photo samples as soon as I get them.

Thanks,

Eric K