SABOTAGE!

Keo1

Another recent post of mine about the TTSVoiceEditor program, where I suggested that for a practical-joke it might be fun to edit the voice direction prompts in a friend's Nuvi to get them lost, got me wondering ...

I noticed a few posts of how competitive FTFs can get.

Got any stories where you're willing to fess-up on how you might have sabotaged the competition? Or conversely, do you know of someone that sabotaged another or yourself? Perhaps you just have a strong suspicion and would like to get it off your chest?

(it's winter, it's cold ... thought this could lead to some funny stories)

:D:rolleyes:

p.s. Feel free to use the voice editor idea :)

Edited by Keo1

We all get the notices about the same time some get it to there phones while some just get it to the web site. First to finds are competive in my neck of the woods. You can get five or six Geo cachers at your cache within a hour of posting. Comes down too who is closest . Most of the cachers who do this are now my friends as well as my competition. We did this my playing my the rules. I want to be first because I earned it. At the end of the day you need to look at yourself in the mirror and say you played my the rules.

Another recent post of mine about the TTSVoiceEditor program, where I suggested that for a practical-joke it might be fun to edit the voice direction prompts in a friend's Nuvi to get them lost, got me wondering ...

I noticed a few posts of how competitive FTFs can get.

Got any stories where you're willing to fess-up on how you might have sabotaged the competition? Or conversely, do you know of someone that sabotaged another or yourself? Perhaps you just have a strong suspicion and would like to get it off your chest?

(it's winter, it's cold ... thought this could lead to some funny stories)

:oB)

p.s. Feel free to use the voice editor idea :o

Well the worst I have done is that I knew that a local FTF hound was not a paid memeber. I had two caches in the same park I was going to release. One very tough 4/3.5 the other a simple 1.5/1 but I made both a members only so you would not get to the ftf. Then I was like oops, only the hard one was to be mebers only.

As for the voices, right now I have a squirrel in my Nuvi

Our area has a great group of cachers, all of us are FTF Hounds. So we all got together and decided to mess with one local family / team. We all knew the cache was posting and waited in the area. We placed 2 "muggles" right at ground zero so the cachers couldnt make the grab for ftf and thenwatch the frustration unwind. Here is the link to the cache, read the 1st few posts.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...69-8062f8073eac