You know you're too into geocaching when...

This might have already been a thread somewhere but i couldn't find one; and as this just happened to me i thought it would be hillarious to see what kinds of things happen to others to make them second guess their hobby.

I have been on one hunt, i don't even have my GPSr yet and i had a dream last night that i was walking in a park full of muggles and found a bunch of caches but i couldn't grab them in fear of everyone seeing them. It was torture!!! an entire nights sleep and i didn't get a single cache.

I just thought it was funny cause i have just started getting into this but i have sunk deep and gotten way too into it.

This might have already been a thread somewhere but i couldn't find one; and as this just happened to me i thought it would be hillarious to see what kinds of things happen to others to make them second guess their hobby.

I have been on one hunt, i don't even have my GPSr yet and i had a dream last night that i was walking in a park full of muggles and found a bunch of caches but i couldn't grab them in fear of everyone seeing them. It was torture!!! an entire nights sleep and i didn't get a single cache.

I just thought it was funny cause i have just started getting into this but i have sunk deep and gotten way too into it.

Oh wow! You got it BAD!

Just remember, when you finally get those caches in your dream-you can not log them on GC.com.

This one hits me everytime I get in the car, as I drive along all I can think of anymore, is.....

"There needs to be a Cache there......"

:rolleyes:

Wait a while. It will be "Found that one. Got the one over there. Gotta get back here when I have time to search for that one."

Hiked Angel Island, in the north SF bay, on Sunday. To hit any real number of caches here requires traveling light and finding fast. The Winter hours for the ferry only allow for about 4 hours on the island. So I went through some of that, "dang there's one just over there and I could probably find this one if I had more time, oh and the earthcache is pretty cool, but I don't have that much time..." Well, at least I had time to hide one of my own. :D

On the subject of dreams, I awoke once after a long day of caching to realize that my dream had been about bushwacking! More accurately, I'd been "deerwalking", or walking in a crouch following deer trails.

I figure you're too into geocaching when you can't go to the grocery store without marking your parking space as a waypoint.

A running conversation with myself when driving any distance over a couple of miles:

"There's a small next to that tree. Found that one in May. There's a micro behind that sign. Found it in June, no, July. There's a multi behind the high school there. It was soaking wet. The owner hasn't fixed it yet. There was a nano on the fence over there. Found it in August. It's archived now. There's a micro on that tank. I stopped once, but heck with it. There's an ammo can in that grove of pines, beneath a pile of sticks. Found it in April. It was raining that day, I think...."

Of course, I'm still in my first year of caching. In time I'll be reduced to "Found that one last year, or was it the year before? I remember it was cold that day. Must have been late Fall. Hmmm, was that a Lock n Lock?.."

Did you dream-log them as DNFs? If not then you should do that tonight while you are sleeping. :rolleyes:

Did you dream-log them as DNFs? If not then you should do that tonight while you are sleeping. :huh:

i know i am a newbie but when i went to watch avatar in 3d with my hubby for new years eve and during most of the movie i kept telling myself..... if a cache was there it would def be a 5/5... ohhhh that would be a good place lol and yes i know i have it bad lol