Camping events 2010

niknrich

Well the Xmas decs are packed away, the turkey is long gone and New Year is but a hazy memory... the days are getting longer (really!) so it's time to think about CAMPING!

We're hoping to host an East Midlands (EMcache) camping event this summer on either 2-4 or 9-11 July, and wanted to check whether there are any other events planned for those dates.

We know that folk tend to keep their events on the same weekends each year and we can't remember any being held on those weekends in the Midlands last year, but please can anyone planning a camping event post their dates here so we can avoid clashing?

Thanks!

Can I suggest this becomes the "official" camping event topic? NiknRich, that will mean you will have to keep updating the first post? Is that OK?

No probs! When any events are confirmed and/or published please post on here and I'll start a list.

I think there might be a problem with the above idea: I think you can only edit your own posting for 12 hours after originally posting it.

iCache.co.uk have just started running a listing of up-and-coming UK events on their home page. Maybe you could see whether they would be willing to help you by hosting a list of Proposed Camping Event Dates... or something? :blink:

MrsB

I think there might be a problem with the above idea: I think you can only edit your own posting for 12 hours after originally posting it.

iCache.co.uk have just started running a listing of up-and-coming UK events on their home page. Maybe you could see whether they would be willing to help you by hosting a list of Proposed Camping Event Dates... or something? :blink:

MrsB

I didn't know that (the 12 hr edit limit). I know Tim of iCache fame so I'll see if he can help with a list. In the meantime please keep posting your camping event dates, folks!

Last year PopUpPirate created a bookmark list of all camping events - very useful so maybe someone could take that on again. Think it just needs one person to collate it though, or you end up with loads of bookmarks that are basically of the same thing.

That sounds like a plan.

Alternatively, as a lot of us use that social networking thing, maybe we should additionally start a group up?

Last year PopUpPirate created a bookmark list of all camping events - very useful so maybe someone could take that on again. Think it just needs one person to collate it though, or you end up with loads of bookmarks that are basically of the same thing.

That sounds like a plan.

Alternatively, as a lot of us use that social networking thing, maybe we should additionally start a group up?

ugh, a lot of us dont as well :)

bookmark at least covers everyone cache wise :)

That sounds like a plan.

Facebook - UK Geocaching Camping Events 2010 :):)

Edited by keehotee

.......does anyone have any news about the Mega Camping......tried emailing but their box is full and bouncing back

Put your question to the committee on their forum, you can locate it here

It will also be worth pointing out that your email is bouncing back. Big Wolf has the email system set up so that dependant on which email link you use, will depend on who you are actually sending the email to. So it could be a single persons email box which is bouncing back or it could be a problem with the whole of the Mega Scotland email system. I am fairly sure he will be appreciative of issues like this being highlighted.

.......does anyone have any news about the Mega Camping......tried emailing but their box is full and bouncing back

Put your question to the committee on their forum, you can locate it here

It will also be worth pointing out that your email is bouncing back. Big Wolf has the email system set up so that dependant on which email link you use, will depend on who you are actually sending the email to. So it could be a single persons email box which is bouncing back or it could be a problem with the whole of the Mega Scotland email system. I am fairly sure he will be appreciative of issues like this being highlighted.

Thank you Haggis Hunter :)

I have joined the Facebook group......

Cudmore Camping Capers

Planned for 16th to 18th July

Mereas Island Essex.

How do you get the event added to the facebook page???

You get in quick and ask one of the admins to make you an admin..... ;)

(would have - but don't know your FB name)

I have joined the Facebook group......

Cudmore Camping Capers

Planned for 16th to 18th July

Mereas Island Essex.

How do you get the event added to the facebook page???

You get in quick and ask one of the admins to make you an admin..... ;)

(would have - but don't know your FB name)

Have sent you a message with my FB details (thank you)

July is always a really quiet time for camping events - June and Sept are the main busy ones! I am still contemplating an event in May in Staffordshire - but a basic event - I'll just provide the campsite nowt else!! I don't do frills!

we like no frills camping and could be very interested in an event in staffs, we are new to geocaching but loving it. We would very much like to meet some more cachers from the local area. please keep us posted