Damselfly 2010 - Rollback pricing!

CacheAddict.com

Reservations Closing - January 15, 2009

After all the issues with the Dragonfly 2008, I wanted to do a Damselfly in the same theme... except to deliver the coins to the customers. :D Therefore the coin has cutout wings with translucent enamel. Jackalgirl and myself added our own flare to these. I hope you enjoy!

Damselflies (suborder Zygoptera) are insects in the order Odonata. Damselflies are similar to dragonflies, but the adults can be differentiated by the fact that the wings of most damselflies are held along, and parallel to, the body when at rest. Furthermore, the hindwing of the damselfly is essentially similar to the forewing, while the hindwing of the dragonfly broadens near the base, caudal to the connecting point at the body. Damselflies are also usually smaller, weaker fliers than dragonflies, and their eyes are separated.

2ATF203-ag-f.jpg2ATF203-ag-b.jpg

2ATF203-as-f.jpg2ATF203-as-b.jpg

2ATF203-ac-f.jpg2ATF203-ac-b.jpg

2ATF203-Wings.jpg

I am trying something for the first few months of 2010. I will be offering a free Pathtag for every 3 coins ordered during the reservations period. And as an added bonus for this coin (knowing all the issues people had in 2008 and beyond with the Dragonflies). I am offering roll back pricing!!!

2ATF203-Pathtag.jpg

Reserve Yours Here!

Very nice coin! When I saw the thread about a similar coin from a different seller that never materialized I was afraid nobody else would take on a similar design coin for fear of being mistaken for the other seller. You see my daughter is a huge lover of dragonflies and although from reading your coin description it is not technically a dragonfly, but it is close enough that I'm sure she'll love it. I only intended to buy one for my daughter, but after seeing them I ended up having to get one for my own little geocoin collection too. Congrats to the 2 designers for taking a good idea and improving on it. Thanks also go out to Cache Addict for the rollback pricing! In this tough economy that made the difference between buying only 1 or 2. :D

Hi Mike. I hope you don't mind me making a request. I don't know if you (and other sellers too) are aware of it, but 1 out of 10 males is colorblind to some degree or another (color blindness in females is very rare). Most of the guys that have this problem only have it to a very minor extent and lots of times don't even realize they have a little problem with color vision. Then there's the minority like me who have it worse and do struggle with this "problem" on a daily basis.

I find that with my colorblindness "handicap" that lots of times it's about impossible for me to identify a metal type on pictures of geocoins. So to help me and the other colorblind guys out if when posting pics either here or on your website if you (and other sellers too) could under each picture identify which metal type is shown above. It's not a major deal, but if you could do that it would make one less little frustration in life for me and other guys. I realize you probably can not accomodate every request that every person makes, but I wanted to throw this out for your consideration.

I love this coin and can't wait to see it in person! Congrats to both you and Jackalgirl on a beautiful geocoin!!! :rolleyes:

Hi Mike. I hope you don't mind me making a request. I don't know if you (and other sellers too) are aware of it, but 1 out of 10 males is colorblind to some degree or another (color blindness in females is very rare). Most of the guys that have this problem only have it to a very minor extent and lots of times don't even realize they have a little problem with color vision. Then there's the minority like me who have it worse and do struggle with this "problem" on a daily basis.

I find that with my colorblindness "handicap" that lots of times it's about impossible for me to identify a metal type on pictures of geocoins. So to help me and the other colorblind guys out if when posting pics either here or on your website if you (and other sellers too) could under each picture identify which metal type is shown above. It's not a major deal, but if you could do that it would make one less little frustration in life for me and other guys. I realize you probably can not accomodate every request that every person makes, but I wanted to throw this out for your consideration.

I love this coin and can't wait to see it in person! Congrats to both you and Jackalgirl on a beautiful geocoin!!! :D

I totally feel for you. I'm female, and not color blind but, being new-ish (Sunday will be a year since I bought my first geocoin) to collecting geocoins, I still get confused on metal finishes. In the original post, the pictures are Gold, Silver, and Copper, in that order. :rolleyes:

Edited by Howlingmoon

If you're interested in this coin, check out the Haiti Relief Auction Thread -- I've posted an auction of a Damselfly sample coin there. It's one of only two Antique Silver Damselfly sample coins, and since the final production piece will be thicker than the samples were, it's especially unique and limited. Thanks for looking!

YEAH, I'm winning right now. Would love to end up with it but "for the Haiti relief cause" I hope it goes to high for me to afford.

If you're interested in this coin, check out the Haiti Relief Auction Thread -- I've posted an auction of a Damselfly sample coin there. It's one of only two Antique Silver Damselfly sample coins, and since the final production piece will be thicker than the samples were, it's especially unique and limited. Thanks for looking!

YEAH, I'm winning right now. Would love to end up with it but "for the Haiti relief cause" I hope it goes to high for me to afford.

Alreaady too high for me to afford B) but that means :o for the fund!

Wow,

Did I get One Or 2 of these?

Opalsns

Howdy --

Not sure what you mean, since the auction still has two hours and some change to go, but the auction is for only one coin. One of the only two of these trackable samples in existence (and more won't be made because a new die was cut).

Good luck!

Received an invoice on PayPal. Actually, I received 2 even though I only put in one order. Wondering about the duplicate, and just like confirmation that it is legit before I pay (though it certainly looks legit).

I received two (identical) invoices as well. Guess it's an error! I was pleased to receive it as I couldn't actually find any confirmation that I had successfully reserved them!!