GPS and handheld in one?

Hi everyone, I am having problems with my current GPS, and in addition, when I got a new VISTA computer (UGH) My pocket PC is no good anymore.

So rather than purchasing TWO new pieces of equipment, is there a GPS out there, that you can upload GPX files to, and also read the description/clues etc for a cache? The only thing I need either for is geocaching, that's it.

Any suggestions?

Hi everyone, I am having problems with my current GPS, and in addition, when I got a new VISTA computer (UGH) My pocket PC is no good anymore.

So rather than purchasing TWO new pieces of equipment, is there a GPS out there, that you can upload GPX files to, and also read the description/clues etc for a cache? The only thing I need either for is geocaching, that's it.

Any suggestions?

Both Garmin Colorado and Oregon will fit your requirements. Unless your getting the Oregon with the camera, they are basically the same unit. Major difference is the OR has a touchscreen which is why I chose the Colorado.

Go here for more info on Colorado.

Go here for more info on the Oregon.

Thanks! I was looking around $400 or less if possible. I would just like something that does both, without the expense of having to purchase both, and having to carry two pieces. It's been a while since I've even looked at any of them, so I thought I would ask....I knew there would be people out there with the knowledge :-)

Do all of the versions of the Colorado/Oregon and Dakota do this? Do any of you know? I just wonder, because I'm seeing lots of version.

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone, I am having problems with my current GPS, and in addition, when I got a new VISTA computer (UGH) My pocket PC is no good anymore...

Are you saying your PPC is no good because you've moved to Vista? This seems very unlikely.

Have you downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center, which replaces Active Sync?