Replacing eXplorist 210

Easy question - Is there a site that you can plug in the features you want, and it'll tell you what units fit your needs?

Simply put, I want to replace my 210. I love it to pieces but my only complaint is the lack of a memory card slot. So, is there a comparable unit out there that has a card slot? As much as I'd love a new Oregon, I just can't afford it. I don't need anything fancy, as I just use it for Geocaching.

Thanks!

Easy question - Is there a site that you can plug in the features you want, and it'll tell you what units fit your needs?

Simply put, I want to replace my 210. I love it to pieces but my only complaint is the lack of a memory card slot. So, is there a comparable unit out there that has a card slot? As much as I'd love a new Oregon, I just can't afford it. I don't need anything fancy, as I just use it for Geocaching.

Thanks!

Seeing how you are already used to the Explorist type units, how about a 400 or 500. They both have SD expansion. I see those go on Ebay for a little over $100. THose would have limited cache info like your 210 though.

My next suggestion would be a Delorme. During Christmas the PN-20's were going for $100. PN-40's were around $200. The -20's will have a like a 800 character cache description limit and hold 500 caches. The -30/-40 have like a 5000 character limit and will hold 500 caches. I also hear that Delorme is coming out with a new firmware update for the -30/-40's line that will increase the cache storage dramatically this spring. The also sell a cache loading software for $10 that I hear works nicely.

... PN-30/-40 have like a 5000 character limit and will hold 500 caches. I also hear that Delorme is coming out with a new firmware update for the -30/-40's line that will increase the cache storage dramatically this spring...
Some corrections:

* The PN-30/40 series are limited to 15000 characters per cache description, and hold 1000 caches.

* Firmware exists NOW that allows you to load and save wayponts to the SD card. The newer firmware coming soon is another update to make this work better for geocachers.

... PN-30/-40 have like a 5000 character limit and will hold 500 caches. I also hear that Delorme is coming out with a new firmware update for the -30/-40's line that will increase the cache storage dramatically this spring...
Some corrections:

* The PN-30/40 series are limited to 15000 characters per cache description, and hold 1000 caches.

* Firmware exists NOW that allows you to load and save wayponts to the SD card. The newer firmware coming soon is another update to make this work better for geocachers.

I am replacing my 210 with a PN-30. Waiting on delivery. From comments on the forums I think it is a good choice.

Some corrections:

Thanks, there Lee, for those corrections. Don't have a -40 and my memory is not the rock it once was. :unsure:

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've not had a problem with the character limit on the 210. I actually started Geocaching by going in blind (no descriptions or hints) and enjoyed it. The difficulty rating and name are usually enough for me.

Looks like the PN-20 is our of stock, and the explorist 400 has been discontinued. I know that still leaves eBay and personal sellers, but, I'm looking to get my caching fix this week. But, thanks for the info. I'll be looking in stores and keep the tips in mind. Maybe I'll splurge for the 500 or PN-40. :D

Erin