Best places to GEOCACHE in the world!

stinger18

One of the criteria for rating the best places to geocache in the world might be that it would be worth visiting even if there is only one geocache nearby.

Well, there you go!!! New Zealand meets that criteria (in my humbly biased opinion!!! :anibad::P ) Definately a beautiful country worth visiting anyway, and as a bonus some great caches. Snoogans has got the right idea!

Annie

My only regret is not knowing about geocaching until after I moved back from New Zealand. It's easily the best place I've been on Earth, so I'd imagine I'd love caching there. :)

New Zealand gets my vote too. Recently cruised around both islands for the second time caching each time ashore and find amazing places and scenery. The street art in Dunedin is awesome.

The OPs question is "Best Places to geocache in the World!"

This statement can be taken (and was possibly intended) as a question, but, it is possibly a question without a definitive answer unless one has cached all around the world. Or it could be taken, at a stretch, Best Places to geocache in the world other than your own country.

A more realistic statement/question would be "Best places to geocache in the World that you have found". And the responses so far seem to have been along this line.

The best places depend on what you want the game to be to you. The best places to cache for me will never have anything to do with numbers. An isolated area, 3000 feet above the Grand Canyon, with a stunning virtual ranks among the best places I have cached. Standing stones and megalithic sites in England or the Isle of Lewis, a fairy glen at the Isle of Skye, ancient Incan salt ponds (although the virtual there has been archived), Venice, the Olympic beaches, and slot canyons in the Southwest have all offered great caching.

I have a few places in mind that I hope someday to add to the list of the places I have cached - Easter Island, barrier petroglyph sites, remnants of Norse villages, Iceland, African sites among them. The best places to cache are the best places to explore. And the world is full of possibilities.

It all depends on what you like.

Gadget caches: Martinsburg, West Virginia

Incredible mystery caches: Prescott, Arizona (Ravenland) and Austin, Texas

Lots of hides: West Bend, Wisconsin

Virtuals: Washington DC

Power Trails: Nevada

Geoart: Idaho and Colorado

Earth caches: any national park in the West

I rarely go back to a place for a second visit, unless there's something really special about it.

Yet I'm already back in Hong Kong less than a year after my first visit. Strictly for caching. Well, and for Chinese food, which they do well here.

This is quality-not-quantity caching. Go for a hike, see cool things, just a few caches per day, but in some WOW spots. Oh, and the caches are well-maintained, and the local cachers write real logs.

If I haven't been active on the forums lately, that's why.