Treo 755P

If you're getting a phone with a high resolution display like the Centro, you're better off taking advantage of it with a program like Plucker Reader, which will display the cache page images and text styles, rather than a plain-text program like cache-mate.

http://store.treocentral.com/garmin-mobile-xt/10A69A3567.htm

Here is a link this is a GPS program downloaded to the PDS phone has anyone used this is it worth the money?

For those who are recommending cache management programs as an alternative, just FYI Mobile XT is a GPS navigation program. It's kinda like stuffing a Nuvi into your Palm or PPC. Apples and oranges.

Joe, I have Mobile XT on my Palm T|X and a Garmin GPS10x Bluetooth receiver. The combination works pretty well. The disadvantage is that I need an external GPS receiver, so there are two devices involved.

My go-to nav device is my Garmin iQue 3600 which uses the Palm OS and has an internal GPS receiver. So it's one device with excellent integration of the GPS and PDA functions. I bought a used T|X and put Mobile XT on it to see if it would be a suitable replacement for my iQue 3600. It's not. At least not as long as I have a choice. However, it's second best so if I ever run out of iQues (I have three) I'll use the T|X with Mobile XT as the final fallback.

Mobile XT integrates reasonably well with the addressbook on the Palm. It works properly with the screen in either portrait or landscape mode. Functionally and user interface, it's virtually identical to the Garmin Nuvi nav devices. As with all Garmin handhelds, if you have Mapsource or something with similar capability you can load a variety of the free maps you find referenced here.

I'm not sure if that's what you want to hear. If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask. Anybody with a Nuvi will be able to answer anything about the features and functions.

...ken...

For those who are recommending cache management programs as an alternative, just FYI Mobile XT is a GPS navigation program. It's kinda like stuffing a Nuvi into your Palm or PPC. Apples and oranges.

Joe, I have Mobile XT on my Palm T|X and a Garmin GPS10x Bluetooth receiver. The combination works pretty well. The disadvantage is that I need an external GPS receiver, so there are two devices involved.

My go-to nav device is my Garmin iQue 3600 which uses the Palm OS and has an internal GPS receiver. So it's one device with excellent integration of the GPS and PDA functions. I bought a used T|X and put Mobile XT on it to see if it would be a suitable replacement for my iQue 3600. It's not. At least not as long as I have a choice. However, it's second best so if I ever run out of iQues (I have three) I'll use the T|X with Mobile XT as the final fallback.

Mobile XT integrates reasonably well with the addressbook on the Palm. It works properly with the screen in either portrait or landscape mode. Functionally and user interface, it's virtually identical to the Garmin Nuvi nav devices. As with all Garmin handhelds, if you have Mapsource or something with similar capability you can load a variety of the free maps you find referenced here.

I'm not sure if that's what you want to hear. If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask. Anybody with a Nuvi will be able to answer anything about the features and functions.

...ken...

Thanks Ken I had a feeling it was going to be substandard for the money. I will bite bullet and buy a GPS I was trying to condense devices and simplify my life. I guess it was only wishful thinking.

Mahalo!

Joe

PS

Ever get to Oahu lets go find some Cache's.