Fancy a weekend away caching?

HazelS

Some of you will know that Little Miss Naughty and I meet up and go away caching loads each year - usually under canvas, but during the cooler months, we arrange to meet for a weekend with a cheapy travelodge deal and go caching.

Earlier this year I booked a weekend away caching for 26th / 27th March, at the Bedford Marston Moretaine Travelodge, but sadly, we cannot make it for the weekend now..... As we got the room on a special deal (£28 for the whole weekend!!!) we cannot get a refund.

Save the money we've already paid for the room going to the corporate waste bin, we thought someone else should make use of it, and get out there caching... FOR FREE!!

If you'd be interested in taking the room off us, you'd be more than welcome...

Drop me a line before February 1st... in the event that there'll be more than one person wanting the room, I'll decide on February 1st, and let the "winners" know....

There's loads of great caches in the area.... we've now rebooked somewhere else for the weekend before!!

Edited by HazelS

Some of you will know that Little Miss Naughty and I meet up and go away caching loads each year - usually under canvas, but during the cooler months, we arrange to meet for a weekend with a cheapy travelodge deal and go caching.

Earlier this year I booked a weekend away caching for 26th / 27th March, at the Bedford Marston Moretaine Travelodge, but sadly, we cannot make it for the weekend now..... As we got the room on a special deal (£28 for the whole weekend!!!) we cannot get a refund.

Save the money we've already paid for the room going to the corporate waste bin, we thought someone else should make use of it, and get out there caching...

Drop me a line before February 1st... in the event that there'll be more than one person wanting the room, I'll decide on February 1st, and let the "winners" know....

There's loads of great caches in the area.... we've now rebooked somewhere else for the weekend before!!

It was all too good to be true what with you and little Miss Naughty. -------- Then I read the second Pharagraph !

Oh well it was a nice thought anyway

:unsure::D:D:D

What a thoughtful idea. We often do the travelodge breaks ourselves for caching and have recently come back from Manfield.

we thought long and hard about taking you up on your offer but as we only live a 1/4 mile away from Marston Moretaine travelodge we thought it would be a bit cheeky and best leave it to someone that can come & explorer the area and as you said theres loads of great caches in the area.

Can I be even cheekier and plug our own cache series around the nearby stewartby lake & cranfield and they may even spot our magnetic car travelbug slapped on our our current mode of transport!

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...62-43ea36eae206

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...1f-f1adb6e7712c

Edited by aliandtone

That is such a lovely kind offer.

I presume you have booked this for 2 adults, and not a family room.

Or we would have liked to have used it, but theres 2 adults and 2 kids, which is fine in a family room, but I think it has to be booked for 4 due to fire regulations.

Even more tempted, that series of caches around the park and lake are right up our street, I can see this will cost me as now I will have to book a weekend there LOL

Edited by reddeeps

We were going to do the series by Autumn Tiger and The Other Stu at Woburn Abbey (since they're our friends) on the Saturday, but have a wander around the lake on the Sunday morning before we go home.

However, we're now staying in Milton Keynes, and so will probably do some others.....

Thing is - we'll be back in the area plenty as it's pretty half way between LMN and I and so good for a meet up place where there's loads of caches for us!!

Save the money we've already paid for the room going to the corporate waste bin, we thought someone else should make use of it, and get out there caching... FOR FREE!!

[/

hi has anyone taken you up on this yet?

we would love this oppertunity to do some caching in the area where i grew up and have not been to for about 10 years.

we are new to geocaching and have only really explored our local area and would love to expand

hope to hear from you soon

steve & emma

I'd love to take you up on the offer, just a couple of days before our 30th Anniversary :shocked: , but...

Well can you imagine the trouble I'd be in if Mrs B discovered I'd taken her away to celebrate on a freebie.:)

:ph34r: Hi Hazel,

I got really excited when i saw your post and would love to take you up on the offer. Me and my boyfriend have recently started caching and now we cant stop! Today we spent the whole day finding caches with the dogs who are absolutely knackered now.

We would love to be able to get away somewhere else and explore a new area. As neither of us drive we have only been able to do local areas so far as trains and hotels are normally too expensive but this sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you and perhaps we'll meet up sometime. I read somewhere about you organising a camping trip in staffs so maybe we'll be able to go there too.

Have fun caching,

skyedog09

As far as I know, camping is still on... LOL

I've not seen the site I've chosen as yet, although it comes highly recommended, and they're willing to have us (LOL....)

I'm hoping to go visit the site in March, and then it's all systems go.....

I don't do fancy events where I go set lots of caches, and lay on entertainment, it's more along the lines of, here's a camp site, lets get together, and get out there and cache.

Of course, there'll be the (now famous) children's scavenger hunt competition (and there's nothing to stop the "adults" joining in!!!)

Once I've arranged it, I'll get it published and let everyone know on here....

For those facebook users among us, don't forget the events diary...

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=418727930363