Oregon 550T from Abe's

spymaxx

I just ordered a Oregon 550T from Abe's of Maine today. Cost 509.00 after free shipping and using a 10$ discount coupon. Should see it in 5-7 days.

You did your research - I just purchased the Oregon 400t from PCNation on sale for 375.88 vs the 499.99 retail. I'm mot familiar with Abe's of Maine but my research showed that you got a great price. Only $9 more than TheNerds.net who do not give you shipping.

I bought my Colorado 400t from ABES...then you get the second phone call wanting them to sell you an extended warranty. They told me that Garmin only has 90 days P&L and parts for a year. Then they told me the extended warranty they were going to sell me was the same that Garmin offers.

It was so unbelievable I wish I recorded it.

I called them back and told them I did not appreciate the flat out lying. I am sorry sir they said, we will send you a dinner certificate...which never came.

What a piece of work in my book.

Well it showed up today. I guess UPS has recovered from Xmas. Some more fast shipping.

I got a chance to look over it tonight. After making some adjustments and tweaks to it, I can say that I am impressed with it. Then I loaded GASK on the notebook and proceeded to learn how to do use it. Then I upgraded my account here to Premium status. I did manage to use the export feature on GASK to create a backup excel file, then loaded it on my blackberry storm for reference in case I screw up the Oregon. Now I am about brain dead... But I have 428 caches within a 12 mile radius all loaded on the Oregon 550T ready to run!!! Now I can use my blackberry storm to log them live as I find them. I think this is paperless.... not sure, it huts t thik nw..... .. .

Edited by spymaxx