Canadian Geocachers!

Alex is hot

I am a n00b too. Originally from SK but now AB. When I started I only did 1 in AB before a good string of caches in SK which is where I really got hooked!

GeoWyrm, if you're in Calgary, we hold events monthly to get together. There are also special events on occasion. The next Pizza & Beer (family friendly) is this Thursday.

If you're in Red Deer or Edmonton, I know they do regular events as well. I can't speak for other parts of the province though.

welcome to AB!

Sorry mrcanoehead224, I forgot to thank you for the invite. :rolleyes: It took us a while to get to one but we did and all the better for it! Thanks again & nice to meet you.

I'm new to Geocaching but I'm in Calgary. So I've only actually found one, but tried a few others with no luck. I'll chalk it up to inexperience and not knowing what to look for yet. :rolleyes:

Great name KiltedCanuck! Part of my geoteam is a true scottish kilt-wearing cacher! Hopefully see you around the trails!

New at this but really having fun, side benefit is getting in shape from all the hiking! Picked up my first GPS in March, a Garmin GPS Map60CX. Live near Goldstream Park on southern Vancouver Island... lots of caches to discover nearby. Seems I just missed some kind of event, a 10 year reunion in Goldstream Park, May 1. Is there a local group that gets together for coffee? I could use a few tips from the experienced! :)

Mike

New to Caching here. Started with wanting to get to know how to use my new GPSr before going backwoods or canoe camping with the wife. It then turned into a way to get my son out and walking cuz he hated the gym. So we (wife, son, and I) now head out once every other Sunday instead of hitting the gym. We are now 5 for 7 on the first day. ;)

*EDIT* guess I should read things before posting them. :rolleyes:

We live in Ontario, around the GTA

Edited by Hapla
I'm new to Geocaching but I'm in Calgary. So I've only actually found one, but tried a few others with no luck. I'll chalk it up to inexperience and not knowing what to look for yet. :ph34r:
Great name KiltedCanuck! Part of my geoteam is a true scottish kilt-wearing cacher! Hopefully see you around the trails!
I've been known to cache in my kilt as well... even turned up at one event wearing it after the Calgary Highland Games. Sounds like we could start our own sub group now. Edited by mrcanoehead224

Greetings from Burlington, Ontario

We started caching a few years ago, but haven't been doing much in the last year or so...currently on a road trip to Winnipeg...so we're sneaking in a few caches along the way, including 4 in Sault Ste Marie tonight, off to Thunder Bay tomorrow, then on to Winnipeg on Monday

Great to see some caching "neighbours" in this thread...

Hello,

I'm a freelance writer, working on a piece for Leap Magazine (www.myleapmagazine.ca) about Alberta office workers who leave their desk at lunch and go geocaching. I am wondering if any geocachers on this forum (or any you know) live in Alberta and fit this description.

Cheers,

--

Annalise Klingbeil

Freelance journalist

email: Annalise.Klingbeil@gmail.com

Another newbie here :D ... right hand over heart; left hand held up .. 'Hi my name is QTEE. I'm a geocacher. I'm in Mississauga, ON.'

Luv this hobby. Looking forward to events and meeting others.

Last name isn't 3.14159265 by any chance, is it? :)

Edited by entogeek

Hello. been caching for a while now. Canada has some of the most amazing cache locations. Best way to find them are to look in the Favorite's list of other caches. And if more cacher's would use the Favorites list, it would be even better. Check my Favorite's for some great Canadian caches.

We are new to caching, 3 weeks old. We are from Leduc Alberta, it is a full family event for us. We would love to hear about group events in our area.

Welcome TreasureKids!, I'm in Calgary (used to live in Edmonton/Camrose pre caching) but I keep an eye on the Edmonton Forums. I know they have a (mostly?) monthly Meet & Greet. It's one event whose date is updated as necessary. So if you have a look and see the date is past, don't worry, there'll be another one soon.

I'm new to Geocaching but I'm in Calgary. So I've only actually found one, but tried a few others with no luck. I'll chalk it up to inexperience and not knowing what to look for yet. :)

Hello fellow Calgarian! B)

Hi GirlGuideGeocacher, we have a monthly event, the next is tomorrow at Ricky's North Hill Mall. If history is any indicator, there will be at least one other Guider there. I'll leave it up to you though to introduce yourself around and find who that is :D

Hello,

I'm a freelance writer, working on a piece for Leap Magazine (www.myleapmagazine.ca) about Alberta office workers who leave their desk at lunch and go geocaching. I am wondering if any geocachers on this forum (or any you know) live in Alberta and fit this description.

Cheers,

--

Annalise Klingbeil

Freelance journalist

email: Annalise.Klingbeil@gmail.com

I might know a couple ... :) I'll let them know about this post.
I am not Canadian (Australian) but I will be living here in Vancouver for the next year or two. Hope to meet some of you out and about :laughing:

Any regular Vancouver meets?

Funny the threads you find as a lurker! Hi Vicksta...when did you move to Canada? Did you mention you were moving to Canada? Hey we should run a special goods trading ring back and forth...You send me maple syrup and Tim Hortons and I'll send you Violet Crumbles and meatpies!

I will introduce myself....I am a Canadian cacher (born in Sask, redeemed in Alberta :( ) who now lives in Australia.

Welcome to the game :laughing:

Hi there, another Canuckastanian here.

Grew up in Richmond, BC and have lived in Northern Alberta for almost 10 years.

I'm very new to this but have been using my little Garmin for about 6 years so I don't get lost in the bush. We've got lots of bush!

It really seems like a lot of fun and I might actually learn something about GPS.

Hoping to find my 1st cache soon. Just too much on my plate right now to do other than peek around when I get the chance.

Good hunting all!

I'm in Southern Ontario (GTA) and am an avid cacher although I haven't been able to get out too much this summer with other activities. I'm also heavily involved in scouting and have introduced scouting to my group. I've been planting some scouting only geocaches this summer so hence my busy'ness :P I cache with my husband Akela Draconis, my kids Stamps'n'coinsK and LegoAgent and my cub pack 2ndBramaleaCubs

:laughing:

Edited by scouterjenn

S.W. Ontario. beautiful Grey / Bruce counties and Saugeen river area.

Just started into the Geocaching. Have a Garmin Etrex Venture with Ibycus topo maps which my son usually

carries, while I have a Dell Axim X50v with cachemate and easygps for checking the info, logs and hints if needed.

We also enjoy exploring the Saugeen River on an inflatable raft and are looking forward to finding any cache's that are only reachable by boat.............. and eventually hiding a series of new caches along the river that will also be accessible only by boat.