Canadian Geocachers!

Alex is hot

I am almost a Canadian! Citizenship is in progress as we speak, by this time next year, I will be Canadian. We are on Vancouver Island, just outside Victoria, BC.

Lots of fun caches and events. Thoroughly enjoyed a Flash Mob a couple of years ago. We were after a series of bus stop caches on the weekend, mostly Nanos. Today I got a free pair of cast off dental tweezers at work for getting those tiny logs out. My partner purchased a Gerber Multi Tool today, so we are well covered now. We were caching on New Year's Day in the pouring rain - looked as if we just stepped out of the shower when we were done.

Many great experiences - love seeing new places in my own backyard, and meeting great cachers.

Victorian here! I'd love to get to an event or two this year, would be nice to meet more cachers! :D

Hopefully Popoki Nui and I will hook up with you at an event! Until then, Happy Caching!

I'd love to get to an event, so far the only ones have either been too late at night for the mini-cacher (only 4) or in the middle of a week day when I'm working! :unsure:

If you know of any that are on a weekend day, please shoot me an e-mail! :o

Denis and Doris from Northern Ontario, newbies too, less than a year. A great sport, wish I'd have discovered it years ago. We attended an event last summer, met a few caches from the area, became good friends with one also from home. We talk and geocache together regularly.

Best adventure .... setting up caches in the area that offer some special scenery not often seen in our kind of bush... and then reading spectacular log entries from those that have found it (see my profile, then "The Tri-Bridge Multi"). I have more fun I think in hiding caches and reading the logs, than I do in caching.

Enjoy our sport, our adventures... it makes our home a better place to be. Denis

denisetdoris, dorisetdenis

Victorian here! I'd love to get to an event or two this year, would be nice to meet more cachers! :(

Hopefully Popoki Nui and I will hook up with you at an event! Until then, Happy Caching!

I'd love to get to an event, so far the only ones have either been too late at night for the mini-cacher (only 4) or in the middle of a week day when I'm working! :blink:

If you know of any that are on a weekend day, please shoot me an e-mail! :o

There's a 'Coffee and a Cache' coming up on a Saturday morning near Hillside Mall. Check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...bd-33d2a3a7ade9 and also come on over to our FB page!

I am a n00b too. Originally from SK but now AB. When I started I only did 1 in AB before a good string of caches in SK which is where I really got hooked!

GeoWyrm, if you're in Calgary, we hold events monthly to get together. There are also special events on occasion. The next Pizza & Beer (family friendly) is this Thursday.

If you're in Red Deer or Edmonton, I know they do regular events as well. I can't speak for other parts of the province though.

welcome to AB!

I am a n00b too. Originally from SK but now AB. When I started I only did 1 in AB before a good string of caches in SK which is where I really got hooked!

GeoWyrm, if you're in Calgary, we hold events monthly to get together. There are also special events on occasion. The next Pizza & Beer (family friendly) is this Thursday.

If you're in Red Deer or Edmonton, I know they do regular events as well. I can't speak for other parts of the province though.

welcome to AB!

I am a Canadian geocacher too! I'm from the K-W area (southern ontario), and I haven't yet found local geocachers outside of my homeschool group... There must be some out there though, otherwise there must only be one person hiding the few hundred caches around there

hi, there's a lot of us in the KW area

best way to meet everyone is to come to the bimonthly C.R.E.W."Caching Regulars Encompassing Waterloo (Region)" meetings, one coming up next month

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...34-3cf2e21515cc

and of course the big celebration in May :laughing:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...67-1f928a0bd93b

We're in the Algonquin Highlands, and just west of the 'Geocaching Capital of Canada. Check it out at <geocachingcapitalofcanada.com> Seven tiny villages, banded together by Geocaching. Congrats to one of the newest Canadian Cachers, out west.

are they self proclaimed, or there's something special that makes them the geocaching capital of canada?

We're in the Algonquin Highlands, and just west of the 'Geocaching Capital of Canada. Check it out at <geocachingcapitalofcanada.com> Seven tiny villages, banded together by Geocaching. Congrats to one of the newest Canadian Cachers, out west.

are they self proclaimed, or there's something special that makes them the geocaching capital of canada?

Wilberforce. They claimed the title before anyone else. There are some great caches by Geofellas up that way. And they have some events throughout the year.

Hi there I am a geocacher for 16 months now with 1100 caches under my belt. My nic is Davetecsgirl and from Barrie, Ontario.

Most of my 1100 caches are in the COG area of Ontario, with some in Florida, New York, Rhode island, Quebec and Bermuda

Its my addiction and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<_<:)