Geocaching town names

kleidner

Recently while on a vacation trip, driving on I95 I saw a sign for Micro, North Caroline. Just a big sign with Micro and an arrow. Are there other town in the US with names that GEOCACHERS would find “interesting” that you have seen?

Post the state, town name and a road they are off of (or on) so we can look them up.

Recently while on a vacation trip, driving on I95 I saw a sign for Micro, North Caroline. Just a big sign with Micro and an arrow. Are there other town in the US with names that GEOCACHERS would find “interesting” that you have seen?

Post the state, town name and a road they are off of (or on) so we can look them up.

So why didn't you pull off of the highway to find the True Micro Cache? :)

Lots of towns named cache!

From http://stuff.mit.edu/geo?location=cache

Placename State County Lat/Long Elevation Population Remark Postal code Nation

Cache County Utah Cache County 41:44:00 N 114:30:00 W US

Cache National Forest Utah Cache County 41:40:00 N 111:35:00 W US

Cache Lake Arkansas Clay County 36:17:44 N 090:31:59 W 288 US

Cache Idaho Teton County 43:47:17 N 111:09:44 W US

Cache Illinois Alexander County 37:06:00 N 089:15:41 W 62913 US

Lily Cache Illinois Will County 41:35:25 N 088:10:53 W US

Cache Oklahoma Comanche County 34:37:46 N 098:37:42 W 1271 1661 73527 US

Cache Wye Oklahoma Comanche County 34:42:34 N 098:37:41 W US

Cache Junction Utah Cache County 41:50:08 N 112:00:07 W 4448 84304 US

El Cachete Puerto Rico Barceloneta County 18:25:51 N 066:31:42 W US

Cache River Arkansas Monroe County 34:42:07 N 091:19:30 W US

Cache Creek California Yolo County 38:41:22 N 121:42:23 W US

Cache La Poudre River Colorado Weld County 40:25:17 N 104:36:01 W US

Cache River Illinois Alexander County 37:04:01 N 089:10:22 W US

Cache Peak Idaho Cassia County 42:11:08 N 113:39:37 W 10339 US

Cache Valley Utah Cache County 41:44:09 N 111:57:14 W

Swagg Alabama Randolph County 33:22:28 N 085:32:53 W

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

It's neither a town or in the US, but...

Signal Hill, St. John's Newfoundand... receive site of the first transatlantic radio transmission. Amongst other significant history.

Doug

This past summer the little woman and I were in Newfoundland for two weeks... traveled all across the province.

I soooo wish I was a geocacher then... there are a ton of good places to stash a cache and so many places we visited I later learned had caches. grrrr...

Oh yes... we will go back.

I had actually bought her a GPS a year before with geocaching in mind... but we hadn't gotten around to starting yet.

Does Waypoint church count? lol, just noticed it right up the street from my house! waypoint church st. peters, mo
Whew!! Finally... a post that goes beyond a town name based on the word "cache"! People... the word "cache" is not unique to geocaching. Most likely, those towns named "Cache" or variations of same actually had a "cache" of foodstuff at one time (or possibly ammunition). I liked "Micro", thought my "Swagway" was lame, but different, and "Waypoint" original. Can't SOMEBODY please find a "Wherigo, Iowa" or something? :P

Cache County, Utah has lots of caches in it.

Im assuming Cache Valley is in Cache County.

Yes, mostly. Geographically speaking, Cache Valley extends well into Idaho with about 1/3 of it being north of the Utah-Idaho border in Franklin County, but about of half each of Cache County and Franklin County is mountainous and is therefore not considered part of the geographic Cache Valley. However, in conventional use, Cache Valley usually refers to all of both Cache and Franklin Counties.

Yes, we would love to own a cache in Cache County, but it is a little too far away for cache maintance.