MISSION: Birthdays 2010 Edition!

anne.and.eli

Mission 2 (Nancy)

1. Participating (email sent): Yes, confirmed Aug 31, 2010

2. Name Received: Yes September 1, 2010

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 believe Rec'd but is trucking ATM

4. Incoming mission received: Sept. 29, 2010 Rec'd a 3 issue FTF Geocacher Magazine subscription from Neal

Dreddel had me open the package, take pictures, and show him. He's thrilled about everything that was in his package. Thank you, Draglings!

1. Participating (email sent): Yes, August 26 2010

2. Name Received: YES

3. Outgoing mission mailed: NO

4. Incoming mission received: YES

Yes i did see the pictures of what was sent and I really did like what I saw in the pictures I cant wait to get back home and actually see the stuff in person. I am trying to find just the right thing for my outgoing mission. I jope to have something in hand by this weekend and if I do it will go out the first part of next week.

1. Participating (email sent): Yes, August 26 2010

2. Name Received: YES

3. Outgoing mission mailed: NO

4. Incoming mission received: YES

Yes i did see the pictures of what was sent and I really did like what I saw in the pictures I cant wait to get back home and actually see the stuff in person. I am trying to find just the right thing for my outgoing mission. I jope to have something in hand by this weekend and if I do it will go out the first part of next week.

Any chance we can see the pictures, too? It's always fun to share...almost like a birthday party for realsies!

Received my box yesterday...thanks to Goos Crew for all the great goodies and the coins (and they were coins I didn't have). Can't wait to make the candy suckers! I was so excited I unpacked everything and totally forgot to take a picture - duh. If I get time I will take pics of the coins and post.

My birthday box is finally going out today! Be sure to watch your mailbox Echo Echo :unsure:

A few hours left to get in on the birthday mission for May through October!

Also, is anyone interested in taking over the birthday mission for November - December 2010? It is not terribly difficult. I'd be happy to answer any questions for those who think they would like to try something new with geocoin missions but haven't managed anything like this before.

Mission assignments will be sent out either a little after midnight (central time) or tomorrow morning, to give everyone a chance!

You are welcome Goos Crew. :) We hope you get hours of enjoyment, we'll know who to turn to for help with our local Suduku nut's puzzle caches :D This household knows all about losing camera cords, Nancy is very good very good at it :lol: , me I get to be the finder, think they should come gps trackable B)

Nancy received a 3 issue gift subscription in the mail today from Neal (DrNeal ????), Thank you very much Neal, wooohooo! :D

update Sept 29, 10

Mission 1 (Julie)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 and Rec'd Yes

4. Incoming mission received: Yes Sept. 21, 2020

Mission 2 (Nancy)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 believe Rec'd but is trucking ATM

4. Incoming mission received: Sept. 29, 2010 Rec'd a 3 issue FTF Geocacher Magazine subscription from Neal

sorry...missed your post the first time around...glad the subscription made it to you...should be more arriving soon!

ILYK

You are welcome Goos Crew. :) We hope you get hours of enjoyment, we'll know who to turn to for help with our local Suduku nut's puzzle caches :D This household knows all about losing camera cords, Nancy is very good very good at it :lol: , me I get to be the finder, think they should come gps trackable B)

Nancy received a 3 issue gift subscription in the mail today from Neal (DrNeal ????), Thank you very much Neal, wooohooo! :D

update Sept 29, 10

Mission 1 (Julie)

Mission 2 (Nancy)

sorry...missed your post the first time around...glad the subscription made it to you...should be more arriving soon!

ILYK

don't you hate when that happens!

Edited by drneal

All Missions complete, in coming and out going. Thanks every one for the fun!

Nancy received her birthday mission from Dr Neal a couple of days ago, she had a delightful smile on her face when returning from the mailbox. She absolutely loved her gift and says "Thank you DrNeal" :grin: She was especially enamored with your cute wooden sigs and the Dragon coins. We'll post a pic soon. Thank you thank you :wub::D:blink:

update Oct 15, 10

Mission 1 (Julie)

Mission 2 (Nancy)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 Rec'd Yes

4. Incoming mission received: Sept. 29, 2010 Rec'd a 3 issue FTF Geocacher Magazine subscription from Neal, Oct 13, rec'd.

Thank you DrNeal

PIC_0904.JPG

PIC_0906.JPG

PIC_0910.JPG

All Missions complete, in coming and out going. Thanks every one for the fun!

Nancy received her birthday mission from Dr Neal a couple of days ago, she had a delightful smile on her face when returning from the mailbox. She absolutely loved her gift and says "Thank you DrNeal" :angry: She was especially enamored with your cute wooden sigs and the Dragon coins. We'll post a pic soon. Thank you thank you :(:D:unsure:

update Oct 15, 10

Mission 1 (Julie)

Mission 2 (Nancy)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 Rec'd Yes

4. Incoming mission received: Sept. 29, 2010 Rec'd a 3 issue FTF Geocacher Magazine subscription from Neal, Oct 13, rec'd.

grodan Karin

1. Participating (email sent): yes

2. Name Received: yes!!

3. Outgoing mission mailed: yes! sept 16. I see it has arrived. Hope you like it!

4. Incoming mission received: yes!! sept 22. A huge box filled with toys, candy, chewing gum :yikes: , a ready-to-place-cache, and 4! coins. Thank you very much. The sender confused me a bit, there are two different names as sender? Thank you again.

Thank you for hosting this. My missions have arrived, both incoming and outgoing.

grodan Karin

Tried to add a picture to my post but couldn´t edit so here it is.

69430_444145158660_791028660_5323688_2227432_n.jpg

69133_444145138660_791028660_5323687_3411471_n.jpg

Thank you!!

grodan Karin

A question to would-be mission participants:

OK, so the most recent deadline (30 September) came and went, I had only four participants.

I have contacted these people to see if they are still interested in participating in a birthday mission this year. If so, would we have any other takers on another batch mission, this one to include all October, November, and December birthdays?

Anyone?

Please contact me through my geocaching.com profile.

Details for a new mission (if there is enough interest):

All participants must contact me by 15 November.

Missions will be emailed to everyone by 16 November.

Missions should be mailed by December 1st, to ensure that overseas packages arrive before the new year, AND so participants can get their missions out of the way before the Christmas season.

Any thoughts?