MISSION: Birthdays 2010 Edition!

anne.and.eli

Ok, I will be in. I have my birthday in september.

grodan Karin

1. Participating (email sent): later today, 20 August 2010

2. Name Received:

3. Outgoing mission mailed:

4. Incoming mission received:

I like animalshaped coins and food & beverageshaped coins. I try to activate all my coins that I am keeping so take a look in my profile for a hint of what I got.

Thank you for hosting this mission.

grodan Karin

A few days left for anyone with a birthday in May, June, July, August, September, or October!

Mission names will be sent out on 31 August 2010.

For those of you who are still on the fence, there will be another round of missions assigned a bit later - September 31 2010. After that, I will turn over the Birthday Missions to someone else to organize for November and December birthdays.

Woohoo! Can't wait......If DrNeal's Trading list is up to date.....I even have at least one....maybe two (if the one can be pried from my fat little fingers) that he is seeking :D

Got myself a nice little varied selection going to suit just about everyone.....before I got cut off from buying anymore for at least a month (maybe 2) :grin:B):rolleyes:

Cant wait, is it tuesday soon at your place? :D It is 10AM here in Sweden.

Let´s hope all have their seekinglists updated. Oh right, I don´t have one myself. :rolleyes: But I am easy to please, anything given to me will be treasured. I mostly collect animalshaped coins and food/drinks shaped coins though.

Almost all my keepers are activated so take a look in my profile to get a hint.

This will be fun!!!! I love missions and there hasn´t been many lately.

grodan Karin

edit to add: Bah, even worse, I thought the names were given aug 31, one more day to wait.

Edited by grodan & fiabus

We have 10 participants IN by the 31 August deadline - yay!

I am working on assignments now...my "real job" has the better of me right now. Please be patient - everyone will have their mission assignment by the end of today.

draglings - if you could, please state your progress in TWO missions, to represent the both of you. Something like Mission 1 and Mission 2 should do fine.

Once everyone has their mission assignments, let's give ourselves ONE MONTH to send out our missions. If you get your package done beforehand, great! Since most of us are already late for our birthdays, another four weeks (or so) shouldn't matter much.

PLEASE post your progress in these forums, and email me if you have any questions in the meantime!

Happy Birthday, everyone!

Off to the races :)

The_Draglings

Mission 1 (Julie)

1. Participating (email sent): Yes, confirmed Aug 31, 2010

2. Name Received: Yes September 1, 2010

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Not yet, Working on putting package together

4. Incoming mission received: Not yet

Mission 2 (Nancy)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Not yet, Working on putting package together

Edited by dragling

grodan Karin

1. Participating (email sent): yes

2. Name Received: yes!!

I like animalshaped coins and food & beverageshaped coins. I try to activate all my coins that I am keeping so take a look in my profile for a hint of what I got.

I have no allergies.

This will be so much fun. I got a really interesting person to send my mission to. I have to go shopping then I am ready.

If you are allergic to something common in candy like peanuts or milk or flour or anything that might be found in food/candy please tell here so I don´t send anything that might cause any trouble. :)

Thank you for hosting this mission.

grodan Karin

Mission 1

Participating: Yes, (Aug 12, 2010)

Name Received: Yes, (Sept. 1, 2010)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Coins ready, time to shop!!!!!

Incoming Mission Received:

Mission 2

Outgoing Mission Sent: Decisions, Decisions....boy oh boy.....shopping....Yippee!!!

I'll participate, but I'm a pain the the glutes to find coins for...whomever gets stuck with me, any coins are fine...I just like the suprise in the mail!

1. Participating (email sent): Yes, 20 August 2010

2. Name Received: yes, 1 Sept., 2010

ILYK

Mission 1

Outgoing Mission Sent: Shopping!!!!!

Mission 2

Outgoing Mission Sent: Partially - They will understand when they get it (hopefully....lol)...Shopping!!!

I received this most wonderful birthday gift in the mail yesterday...most unexpected, and most appreciated!

IMG_0003_NEW-1-1.jpg

thank you Goos Crew...a great surprise :yikes: !

ILYK

I didn't know there was a magazine for geocaching! Maybe I should visit the "Resources" link on geocaching.com a bit more often? Very thoughtful...the gift that keeps on giving, if you will. And better than the "jelly of the month" club! (that's a movie reference for those of you who thought that last bit came out of left field)

And here's an update for my mission:

1. Participating: Yes, email sent (to myself) 25 August 2010

2. Mission Name Received: Yes, email sent from myself 1 September 2010

3. Outgoing Mission Mailed: Yes, 14 September 2010

4. Incoming Mission Received:

Fingers crossed that the package arrives safely and that the contents are pleasing!

For any May, June, July, August, September or October birthdays remaining:

If you want to participate in the 2010 Birthday Misison, there is still time!

Specifically, there are TWO WEEKS remaining for those of you with a birthday between 1 May and 31 October! If you are interested, please check out the guidelines for what makes a good mission (to send AND receive), and email me that you will participate. There are a few questions I need you to answer, and you can find those on post #94.

On September 30th, I will wait until midnight to gather all of the names and pair them up. I will mail out your mission assignments as soon as everyone is paired.

Sound good? Then sign up! :)

PS Please email me with your interest through my account at geocaching.com .

Edited by Penny and Kona

Is anyone interested in stepping up to run the 2010 November-December birthday missions?

This person should be identified relatively quickly, so that the mission can run more smoothly and without interruption.

If you have questions about what is involved, please email me via geocaching.com It's not too complicated, so don't let the "I've never run a mission" mentality discourage you! You do need to be available and have reliable internet, though.

Update from me, too!

1. Participating (email sent): Yes, 16 August 2010

2. Name Received: Yes, 1 September 2010

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Yes, 14 September 2010

It's helpful that my sister is organizing this, b/c it means that my package will go out on time! My package is traveling overseas, so I hope everything arrives safely!

update

Mission 1 (Julie)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Wrapped up, Ready to mail out just have to get to the post office

Mission 2 (Nancy)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Wrapped up, Ready to mail out just have to get to the post office

update Sept 17, 10

Mission 1 (Julie)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 Expect 2-3wks depending on customs

Mission 2 (Nancy)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 Expect 2-3wks depending on customs

Update:

Mission 1 (Destiny)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Shopping finished and collected......wrapping in progress.....to be mailed within couple days

Mission 2 (Melanie)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Partially sent (and received)......need to pick up couple things.....mailed hopefully by end of week

UPDATE:

Mission 1 (Destiny)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Wrapped....Will be shipping probably tomorrow

Incoming Mission Received: YES (Sept 21, 2010)......Ms Destiny is at school, so she will have a bright green box to open when she gets home.....pictures of the event will be uploaded either tonight or tomorrow night ;) THANK YOU KARIN!!!

Mission 2 (Melanie)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Partially sent (and received)....shopping finished....wrapping tonight.....mailing within the next couple days

Wooohooo! :laughing: The mail lady buzzed our door this morning with a parcel from Texas, Happy Birthday to me! There's a party going on. Thank you Erin for the lovely gifts, love the awesome geocoins. Mmmmmm! Twizzlers and M&M's how did you know!!! Sure beats the bumblebee sweater from Granny... :) Very Happy, thank you.

PIC_0807.JPG

PIC_0813.JPG

PIC_0814.JPG

update Sept 21, 10

Mission 1 (Julie)

4. Incoming mission received: Yes Sept. 21, 2020

Mission 2 (Nancy)

Edited by dragling

3. Outgoing mission mailed: 21 Sept., 2010...thanks for a great idea goos crew

I received this most wonderful birthday gift in the mail yesterday...most unexpected, and most appreciated!

ILYK

3. Outgoing mission mailed: 21 Sept., 2010...thanks for a great idea goos crew

ILYK

Hey I just noticed you had a birthday drneal, Best Wishes from Ki & I :)

grodan Karin

1. Participating (email sent): yes

2. Name Received: yes!!

3. Outgoing mission mailed: yes! sept 16. I see it has arrived. Hope you like it!

4. Incoming mission received: yes!! sept 22. A huge box filled with toys, candy, chewing gum :P , a ready-to-place-cache, and 4! coins. Thank you very much. The sender confused me a bit, there are two different names as sender? Thank you again.

Thank you for hosting this. My missions have arrived, both incoming and outgoing.

grodan Karin

UPDATE:

Mission 1 (Destiny)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Yes, (Sept 23, 2010) - Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!

Incoming Mission Received: YES (Sept 21, 2010)......Ms Destiny is at school, so she will have a bright green box to open when she gets home.....pictures of the event will be uploaded either tonight or tomorrow night THANK YOU KARIN!!!

Mission 2 (Melanie)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Partially sent (and received)....wrapped.....awaiting mailing (didn't have enough $$ on me today to send out both of them).....Monday the latest!!!!!!!

Cannot for the life of me locate the cord to download the pictures from the digital camera.....I promise to find it!!! Destiny was so tickled pink.....She loved everything. I attempted to run off with a Kangaroo and the DNF Monster.....and was threatened by her little preteen angst....I am scared...so I have only borrowed them long enough to activate them for her and give them back.....they all have a place in her "Special" Box and then their own little box to take to events to be discovered :)......Her bear's name is Cuddles, but I am not sure about the doll's name (as she was hugging it, I was trying to make haste with said coins)....I am not allowed to have any candy (because of my robbery attempt), but she is sharing with the rest of the "Crew" :anicute:

Edited by Goos Crew

Four days left to get in on the mother of all birthday missions!

If you have a birthday between May and October, you have until 30 September to let me know if you want to participate! Please read the complete instructions to make sure you know what you're getting into. It can be a lot of fun to receive AND to give. The pictures posted here and in last year's birthday mission will give you an idea of what makes a good mission.

Thanks, and happy birthday to those who are already assembling or who have received their missions!

UPDATE:

Mission 1 (Destiny)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Yes, (Sept 23, 2010) - Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!

Incoming Mission Received: YES (Sept 21, 2010)......Ms Destiny is at school, so she will have a bright green box to open when she gets home.....pictures of the event will be uploaded either tonight or tomorrow night THANK YOU KARIN!!!

Mission 2 (Melanie)

Outgoing Mission Sent: Partially sent (and received)....wrapped.....sitting in my office at work, did not make it to the post office today.....going to try to get there tomorrow.....but looking like Wednesday....so sorry!

Incoming Mission Received: YES (Sept. 27, 2010) - Thank you Draglings!!!

Cannot for the life of me locate the cord to download the pictures from the digital camera.....I promise to find it!!! Destiny was so tickled pink.....She loved everything. I attempted to run off with a Kangaroo and the DNF Monster.....and was threatened by her little preteen angst....I am scared...so I have only borrowed them long enough to activate them for her and give them back.....they all have a place in her "Special" Box and then their own little box to take to events to be discovered ......Her bear's name is Cuddles, but I am not sure about the doll's name (as she was hugging it, I was trying to make haste with said coins)....I am not allowed to have any candy (because of my robbery attempt), but she is sharing with the rest of the "Crew"

Draglings - The camera cord is still missing, so I have no pictures....Thank you so very much! Love the coins and the Canadian Trinkets.....I of course immediately got into the Sudoku game and have barely been able to put it down....lol.....I will be busy for a very long time....

You are welcome Goos Crew. :laughing: We hope you get hours of enjoyment, we'll know who to turn to for help with our local Suduku nut's puzzle caches :laughing: This household knows all about losing camera cords, Nancy is very good very good at it :laughing: , me I get to be the finder, think they should come gps trackable :laughing:

Nancy received a 3 issue gift subscription in the mail today from Neal (DrNeal ????), Thank you very much Neal, wooohooo! :D

update Sept 29, 10

Mission 1 (Julie)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 and Rec'd Yes

4. Incoming mission received: Yes Sept. 21, 2020

Mission 2 (Nancy)

3. Outgoing mission mailed: Mailed Sept 17, 2010 believe Rec'd but is trucking ATM

4. Incoming mission received: Sept. 29, 2010 Rec'd a 3 issue FTF Geocacher Magazine subscription from Neal