MISSION: Birthdays 2010 Edition!

anne.and.eli

I'm a January birthday, and I've been looking forward to a January birthday mission all year. :)

So since no one else will do it, I'll give this a try! Hopefully I'll get some help along the way because I've never done this before!

cake403.jpg

Calling all January and February Birthday boys and gals…

This mission is for you!

If you have a birthday later in the year, then please be patient ~ your turn will come….

To participate:

You must be willing to send two (2) unactivated geocoins to one participant.

You must be a registered user in these forums with some history of posting.

If you have a birthday in January or February and want to be part of this mission please send me a message through my GC.com profile.

Include in your message:

Geocaching Name

Birthdate (you may include your age you are turning if you like)

Real Name

Address

Are you willing to mail outside your country? Or global region?

(Note some people don’t get this option, unfortunately, due to being the only one in their country signed up)

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

What are your interests? This will help your "gifter" in assembling a fun package!

NOTE: Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

What you need for this mission

1. Be prepared to mail in time, a birthday mission to a recipient. (some leeway given for early January birthdays given the time crunch)

2. Include 2 unactivated and trackable Geocoins (you may send more)

3. Add birthday goodies and treats as per the lists below.

4. Wrap it up, box it or package it and send it.

Birthday Missions should include something from the lists below.

The best mission would be one item from each group (two geocoins though)

THIS MISSION IS ALSO FAMILY FRIENDLY ~ please consider that when selecting gifts.

GROUP A (requires at least 2)

Regular unactivated Geocoin

(This can be upgraded)

GROUP B (optional extra)

Pathtag

Micro geocoins

Caching pins

TB tags and Geocoin buddies

GROUP C (optional)

Caching related items

GROUP D (optional)

Personal signature items

Regional souvenir

Postcard of your area

GROUP E (optional)

Novelty item or toy.

GROUP F

Birthday card or tag.

International missions should omit any seeds and plant material.

These "groups" are to help as a guide on what to include ~ especially for those who have not participated in a birthday mission before.

You may also wish to check out last year's mission: 2009 Birthday Mission

NAMES FOR JANUARY IN ASAP – I will start allocating missions on the 8th of January.

NAMES FOR FEBRUARY IN BY 15 JANUARY.

Please note, due to the late start, those of you with earlier January birthdays may not get their gifts in time. Please be patient with your gifters! :P

Wow am I glad someone had the time and effort to host this mission. Signing my daughters up for january and hubby up for february.

HunnyBunny: she turns 7, january 20.

1. Participating: jan 4

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

MattiFnatti: she turns 1, jan 13.

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

fiabus: he turns 25 :anibad: for God knows what time :anibad: , feb 26

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

I have listings at www.geocoincollection.com and will update it soon. I will also try to activate all my santamissioncoins really soon so you can look in my profile also.

The kids and hubby doesn´t have their own listings but in the keeperlist is noted whos coin it is.

Thank you for hosting this.

grodan Karin

2. Received Name: yes, jan 9

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

This was not so hard, just have to find the right stuff to send, got some shoppig done today so soon ready to send

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Wow, this was hard, hmm and hmm again. Maybe...or ...ok, this will not be there in time, sorry.

I have listings at www.geocoincollection.com recently updated and I will also try to activate all my santamissioncoins really soon so you can look in my profile also.

I collect mainly animalshaped coins and food/beverageshaped coins but I treasure all coins given to me in missions or as gifts.

The kids and hubby doesn´t have their own listings but in the keeperlist is noted whos coin it is.

grodan Karin

Edited by grodan & fiabus

1. Participating - BubbaBass

2. Received Name - Yes , Yesterday

Ready To Ship Monday. Had Gifts And Coins on Hand and Made a Quick Card To get It going Right Away.

It's Already Late , But Will Be There In Plentey Of Time To Enjoy ! :P

3. Mission Sent Out -

4. Mission Received -

I know I am late but doesn't matter for my geohubby.

He turned 51 january 4th.

He loves geocaching - over 5000 caches in 4 years- and he is the one who got me into caching.

Name: YOU KE TÉ

Participating: jan 10

Received name: jan 18

Mission sent out: will be jan 19

Mission received:

Edited by Turlutortue

3. Mission Complete: yes, sent out jan 19, Happy Birthday, hope it get there fast.

4. Package Received!:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Wow, this was hard, hmm and hmm again. Maybe...or ...ok, this will not be there in time, sorry.

I have listings at www.geocoincollection.com recently updated and I will also try to activate all my santamissioncoins really soon so you can look in my profile also.

I collect mainly animalshaped coins and food/beverageshaped coins but I treasure all coins given to me in missions or as gifts.

grodan Karin

Forgot to update ..

Ready To Ship Monday. Had Gifts And Coins on Hand and Made a Quick Card To get It going Right Away.

It's Already Late , But Will Be There In Plentey Of Time To Enjoy !

3. Mission Sent Out - Yuppers, That Monday,just like I said!!!!

4. Mission Received -

3. Mission Complete: yes, sent out jan 19, Happy Birthday, hope it get there fast.

4. Package Received!: YES, jan 20 right on the day!! Thank you very much, she loved everything and the coins suited her very well. Thank you again. Pictures to come.

3. Mission Complete: soon, I am working on it.

4. Package Received!: YES, jan 20. A huge box filled with toys and coins. The coins were attached so clever we almost missed them. :lol: Thank you very much. Unfortunately MattiFnatti is a bit to young to play with the toys but bigsis were thrilled and I liked the coins much. Thank you. Pictures to come.

grodan Karin

4. Package Received!: YES, jan 20 right on the day!! Thank you very much, she loved everything and the coins suited her very well. Thank you again. Pictures to come.

3. Mission Complete: soon, I am working on it.

4. Package Received!: YES, jan 20. A huge box filled with toys and coins. The coins were attached so clever we almost missed them. :lol: Thank you very much. Unfortunately MattiFnatti is a bit to young to play with the toys but bigsis were thrilled and I liked the coins much. Thank you. Pictures to come.

grodan Karin

I'm glad everthing made it there.

I was hoping she would share with her siblings. :lol:

3. Mission Complete: yes, finally jan 22. Happy Birthday and hope you get it son.

4. Package Received!: YES, jan 20. A huge box filled with toys and coins. The coins were attached so clever we almost missed them. :( Thank you very much. Unfortunately MattiFnatti is a bit to young to play with the toys but bigsis were thrilled and I liked the coins much. Thank you. Pictures to come.

grodan Karin

fiabus: he turns 25 :P for God knows what time :( , feb 26

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: done some shopping today, researching for coin at the moment but there is no big rush

4. Package Received!:

I have listings at www.geocoincollection.com and will update it soon. I will also try to activate all my santamissioncoins really soon so you can look in my profile also.

grodan Karin

I know I am late but doesn't matter for my geohubby.

He turned 51 january 4th.

He loves geocaching - over 5000 caches in 4 years- and he is the one who got me into caching.

Name: YOU KE TÉ

Participating: jan 10

Received name: jan 18

Mission sent out: will be jan 19

Mission received:

Sent out jan 22. Should be there in time. :mellow:

4. Package Received!:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

grodan Karin

River Tinkerbell was so excited when she got home from school today because she had a package from Hunny Bunny.

She was doing cartwheels the whole time when she was opening the presents.

Thanks so much for making my kids day.

1. Participating: Jan 4th

2. Received Name: yes,

3. Mission Complete: We sent this mission priority right after this mission started. Hope all has arived fine?

4. Package Received!:YES TODAY!!!!!! 1-26-09

River Tinkerbell was so excited when she got home from school today because she had a package from Hunny Bunny.

3. Mission Complete: We sent this mission priority right after this mission started. Hope all has arived fine?

I am glad she liked it. I don´t know what cartwheels is but I guess it is something good. :) My HunnyBunny had much fun doing this mission.

grodan Karin

E&Cplus3: Mama

Mission Email Sent - 04/01/10

Mission Name Received - 09/01/10

Mission Sent - 18/01/10

Mission Received - 15/01/10

E&C Mama received a wonderful package from River Tinkerbell a couple of weeks ago. I have been so disorganized that I have neglected to post pics (sorry everyone!)

img_7175.jpg

The parcel was packed with pins, chocolates, micros and nanos, buttons (with our coin on them!!!) and TEN -- count 'em -- TEN geocoins!

Awesome!

Mama is keeping the box, the chocolates, and the "cute little round container" and has graciously given the coins and buttons to me.

[The River Cachers may notice that some of the Charleston Chews were already missing when this photo was taken]

1. Participating: Marjon, Capricorn 14 januari

2. Received Name: 9 jan

3. Mission Sent Out: 14 jan

4. Package Received!:YEP

Last Thursday my birthdaymission arrived.

WOW!! what could it be..... Exciting, each time when I get a present. :lostsignal:

It is not one present but a lot of very lovely packed presents :):)

I am very happy with the coins. Coins I have never seen before and then also one special from you :D

You made my day!!

Many thanks for the nice presents.

Anne.and.eli thanks for organising the birthdaymission

6bc75659-4f5f-4782-b2eb-0a72a1f27b4f.jpg

b11c7438-2dc1-42b6-9673-056f1105a263.jpg

I am glad she liked it. I don´t know what cartwheels is but I guess it is something good. :lostsignal: My HunnyBunny had much fun doing this mission.

grodan Karin

Like Gymnastics

Forgot to update ..

It's Already Late , But Will Be There In Plentey Of Time To Enjoy !

3. Mission Sent Out - Yuppers, That Monday,just like I said!!!!

4. Mission Received -Yes !!! BubbaBass got a super birthday package

from E+Cplus3...

ready to launch, Cammoed cache with 2 notebooks and pens, CANDY!!!

Awesome new style Reusable Hand Warmers, NICE!!! A Compass Bison Tube!

Perfect Birthday Card!!!!LOL! A cool little saw that is great for his finish work and crafts, LIKEY!!!

236ee65a-0acb-42a5-b94a-5fd0eb75312e.jpg

and the coins he got. Man!!!!!

7a76d615-f05e-4ae3-af3d-e277a5a6e132.jpg

Nice Nickel Personal, that matches my copper version, that I won...

A Pororoca Coin, Love the enameling on this, I have one, but it's lonley......

A Geocachers Event Geocoin that niether of us have yet ........

A Numbered Rhode Island coin, I was born in RI, Need I say More!!!!

and a Sig Pathtag For his keyring.

Yeah, I'll let him have that, LOL!!

An Awesome Misson for PaPaBubba..

Thank You so much to Family E&Cplus3!!!!

I got my Birthday mission today!! Thank you so much FScout!! The mission was awesome, AND not pictured here is a pet she got me for World of Warcraft!! Laugh all you want, I think it's fantastic. :lol:

All wrapped up!! How fun! Kita and Mishka tried helping me open the presents. I shooed them away so I could enjoy them to MYSELF. The bag is a cool "geocaching bag" that's made out of recycled inner tubes. It has the geocaching logo on it as well!

bdaybefore.jpg

After tearing into everything!

bdayafter.jpg

And the pretty pretty coins!

bdaycoins.jpg

Thanks again FScout!!! You totally made my day. ;)

Crazy enough, I got MORE presents from my birthday person! :tongue: I didn't take pictures this time though, sorry! :(

I got this awesome knitting bag (it's sparkly, I love sparkly!) and inside were knitting needles with CATS on them, and a book about how to knit things for your cat, and things with cat designs on them!! It's so awesome and SO perfect for me!

Thanks again FScout!!

To everyone else, please keep us in the loop if you've sent your mission and received them!

fiabus: he turns 25 :( for God knows what time :tongue: , feb 26

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: Yes,, mailed out feb 09, was waiting for coins. With all thumbs hold and fingers crossed this might get there in time ... (or at least near)

4. Package Received!: not yet but birthday is not here yet either so...

I have listings at www.geocoincollection.com and are updated. All keepers are activated under our profile also.

Really hope someone feel they have the time to take on march/april. Our son is a marchkid so I´d love to sign him up.

grodan Karin

I received a wonderful birthday mission from anne and eli.One of the nicest missions I've gotten. Anne really did her research and oh my what a mission she put together. Not only were there coins from my seeking list, but a science fiction novel and magazine, a cute little Santa Cruz bag full of salt water taffy, an itunes gift card and and a funny little flower pot with a flower that sways and petals that wave up and down. Thank you so much Anne, I loved it all.IMG_0274.jpgIMG_0284-1.jpg

Have not done much because of an ordinary flue, so I'm late posting my picture.

Mission received well before my birthday, but I was brave enough to resist.

So I opened the box from Canada on the right day. Thank you very much Turletortue.

It was fun to open all the presents. Really like the Fimo sheep, but i'm also looking forward to wear the pathtag button on the Dutch mega event. (See, small things can make people happy)

When I uploaded the picture today remembered the chocolate. So i just finished it.

Normally we do not have much snow in Holland, but this year we had so much that the snowman coin feels at home.

birthdayopen.jpg

The mission I have to send will be sent in a few days ;)