retrieving CA datasheets

NightKnight

I'm sorry if this was discussed somewhere else, I can't seem to locate any thread on this topic.

I'm attempting to download archived datasheets for California benchmarks. All I get is a message telling me they're unavailable. Is there another place to retrieve them? I used to download them and use bmgpx to put them into gpx files, but now can't seem to download them at all...

Thanks...sorry if this is redundant.

NightKnight -

Oh, I see what you mean. NGS apparently changed the format of these archives from the regular .dat file format to some new format. I wonder if there's a description of this new format anywhere on the NGS site.

I tried that, but it only gave me txt files...good for reading data sheets but I couldn't seem to convert them to dat files to use in GSAK. :rolleyes:

They're the same - unzip the file, and if you're using BMGPX, change the ".txt" to a ".dat". If you're using my program, just load them in. Nothing else need be done. :D

Also here at the NGS site.

Hi thanks for the answer...

I tried that, but it only gave me txt files...good for reading data sheets but I couldn't seem to convert them to dat files to use in GSAK. :rolleyes:

Test files should be no problem to put the stuff into GSAK.

Use the NGS>>GPX utility written by our own foxtrot_xray (Mike Morrey). See this site:

http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/

for the download. It will take anything from a single data sheet on up. The author is a frequent poster here and can shed more light on the possible formats.

I have personally used it for 2 or 3 years and can assure you it's the best thing since sliced bread :D

Edit: Hey! the very person just posted before me. Hi Mike.

Edited by Papa-Bear-NYC