Where to stay in Centralia-Chehalis

W7WT

I have all the caches that were in the Cache Machine already loaded into all the GPSs. Not sure when we will be able to make it down there. It will take us three days to find the caches that you people found in one day. Would appreciate some recomendations where to stay. Would like good WiFi and at least a micro-wave and small frig. Probably be doing the mid-week. Thanks, Dick and Arlene W7WT

I have all the caches that were in the Cache Machine already loaded into all the GPSs. Not sure when we will be able to make it down there. It will take us three days to find the caches that you people found in one day. Would appreciate some recomendations where to stay. Would like good WiFi and at least a micro-wave and small frig. Probably be doing the mid-week. Thanks, Dick and Arlene W7WT

One place NOT to stay is Americas Best Value Inn. The water pressure is non existent and shower is barely more than a drip coming out of the shower head.

Jim

One place NOT to stay is Americas Best Value Inn. The water pressure is non existent and shower is barely more than a drip coming out of the shower head.

Jim

With a name like that. I'm somehow not too surprised.....

I cached with B+L for the cache machine and met up with them in the morning at the Relax Inn, where they were staying. It seemed okay, there was wifi and free waffles for breakfast, though I think you have to make them yourself, haha. I think it was around $45 a night if I remember right, cheapest in chehalis I think. Maybe they will pitch in some advice though :)

I cached with B+L for the cache machine and met up with them in the morning at the Relax Inn, where they were staying. It seemed okay, there was wifi and free waffles for breakfast, though I think you have to make them yourself, haha. I think it was around $45 a night if I remember right, cheapest in chehalis I think. Maybe they will pitch in some advice though :anibad:

We stayed at the Chehalis Inn. Locally owned. Clean, but small rooms. Good Shower. Queen beds (really more like full). Bordering on too soft, but OK mattresses. Nice staff. Fast free Internet. Free Waffles. Coffee 24x7. Next to I-5, but noise was not an issue.

The Holiday Inn Express was tempting, but we try to avoid off gassing (new construction smell) and we don't mind staying in dumpy motels as long as they are clean. Going by the published prices, the Holiday Inn was the better deal until we used Priceline and got our room for less than half price.

Having said all that, the place is pretty dumpy and you may not have the same tolerance level that we do.

I cached with B+L for the cache machine and met up with them in the morning at the Relax Inn, where they were staying. It seemed okay, there was wifi and free waffles for breakfast, though I think you have to make them yourself, haha. I think it was around $45 a night if I remember right, cheapest in chehalis I think. Maybe they will pitch in some advice though :anibad:

We stayed at the Chehalis Inn. Locally owned. Clean, but small rooms. Good Shower. Queen beds (really more like full). Bordering on too soft, but OK mattresses. Nice staff. Fast free Internet. Free Waffles. Coffee 24x7. Next to I-5, but noise was not an issue.

The Holiday Inn Express was tempting, but we try to avoid off gassing (new construction smell) and we don't mind staying in dumpy motels as long as they are clean. Going by the published prices, the Holiday Inn was the better deal until we used Priceline and got our room for less than half price.

Having said all that, the place is pretty dumpy and you may not have the same tolerance level that we do.

Thanks, I have been looking at the Chehalis Inn. My wife and I both lived in rural Southern Illinois. Until after WWII we had no electricity or indoor plumbing. We have a hard time spending money. We can afford to stay in the most expensive motels but as long as it is in a nice neighborhood and is clean we are happy. We enjoyed our stay in the Auld Holland Inn in Oak Harbor and the La Quinta in Wenatchee, Quality Inn etc.

We really enjoy the Cantebury Inn in Ocean Shores when they have 60% off. Dick and Arlene

Edited by W7WT

Thanks, I have been looking at the Chehalis Inn. My wife and I both lived in rural Southern Illinois. Until after WWII we had no electricity or indoor plumbing. We have a hard time spending money. We can afford to stay in the most expensive motels but as long as it is in a nice neighborhood and is clean we are happy. We enjoyed our stay in the Auld Holland Inn in Oak Harbor and the La Quinta in Wenatchee, Quality Inn etc.

We really enjoy the Cantebury Inn in Ocean Shores when they have 60% off. Dick and Arlene

Well in that case, I should point out that the dirt floors looked freshly swept and all the magazines in the

outhouse were less than three months old. :D

Seriously though, I forgot to mention that the rooms are equipped with a microwave and small fridge.

Well in that case, I should point out that the dirt floors looked freshly swept and all the magazines in the

outhouse were less than three months old. :D

Seriously though, I forgot to mention that the rooms are equipped with a microwave and small fridge.

:D