'MUST DO' Caches you'd recommend and WHY?

90%Angel

Happy New Years everyone!.. I'd like to know what the BEST Caches you've done are that you would recommend as 'must do's to fellow cachers and what makes them so good? I'd really like to see some 'must do's in the Fraser Valley included here..although I haven't done a lot yet, I love the really creative ones. Some of my favorite include

Lemuncheon Lions Den.. very Creative cache container

Spirits of the Swamp.. great funky trail with all the 'spirits' keeping watch over the forest

No Pain, no Gain .... cool area and another very creative cache container

Copper Corner.... not for the area nessisarily, but again, another very creative container for a micro

Wagon's Ho... not for the Cache, but the trail and area are lovely

OK... those are on the top of my list... lets see some of yours~

One of the most interesting caches I've been to was Screaming Skulls. If you do this plan some extra time to explore.

Visit the Screaming Heads website.

pnutbeagle and I were the FTF's on this cache. This is one great cache more because of the area than anything

I would nominate "Jimmy's Castle" on White Otter Lake, northwest of Atikokan, Ontario. This cache is only assessable by water (canoe/power boat) or by Float Plane. My family flew to this cache by Float Plane. I can not get into geocaching.com website at the moment to get the GC code for the cache.

Another is "Mining Cold Hard Cache Too" in St. Catharines, Ontario.

We also want to go for "Mining Cold Hard Cache" at some point (near Queenston Heights)

Another great one is "The Crack" near Neys in Northern Ontario (D5/T5) - Shared the FTF on this one with pnutbeagle and Hunter-Killer

Edited by jleecollins

My family and I greatly enjoyed the 6-part GEST (aka Great Esker Side Trail) series near Georgetown, Ontario, starting with GCR6QC. The series is an about 5 km hike through varied terrain with some great views along the way. We also enjoyed the CO's imaginative narrative found on each cache page. The fact that it is also a letterbox series was the icing on the cake.

My family and I greatly enjoyed the 6-part GEST (aka Great Esker Side Trail) series near Georgetown, Ontario, starting with GCR6QC. The series is an about 5 km hike through varied terrain with some great views along the way. We also enjoyed the CO's imaginative narrative found on each cache page. The fact that it is also a letterbox series was the icing on the cake.

Cool... well I've only done parts of multiples... never got them finished yet and I don't really get the letterbox ones. Are there actual Caches at the site or do you have to get Co-ords from them to find the final? What makes them different than multiples?

Cool... well I've only done parts of multiples... never got them finished yet and I don't really get the letterbox ones. Are there actual Caches at the site or do you have to get Co-ords from them to find the final? What makes them different than multiples?

There should be - letterbox caches are combinations of the letterboxing hobby and geocaching - letterboxers look for the container, and use a stamp already in the container to leave a mark in their personal log books, whereas we (as you know, of course), find a container and leave our note in the cache's log book. So letterbox caches are essentially both, and for both a container is needed.

Edited by doingitoldschool

GC1F930

Are you afraid of the dark?

This was my first night cache.

I did it with two other cachers, nice night and nice trails.

sounds cool....I havent done any 'night' caching yet... Im a little wary of it but expect I'll give it a go later on in the year..Happy caching~