Geocache Challenges in your area

Opalblade

A to Z / Alphabet - cache starting with each letter or a cache hidden by each letter

County Challenge - all counties in the state

Busy Day - 6 or more cache types in a day

Century - log a find 100+ consecutive days

I-95 (also I-5, I-10 and I-90) - find a cache on either side of I-95 in every state it passes through

Hmm Ive seen locally a Cache a Day challenge (one cache per every calendar day no matter which year) Delorme challenge, County challenge, Alphanumeric challenge (caches start with A-Z and 0-9), benchmark challenge, percent of caches within various mountain parks and caches by prolific cachers challenges, a DNF challenge. Im considering setting up a challenge for finding a cache within every 1 mile grid of my city. Im also considering a puzzle challenge.

Hmm Ive seen locally a Cache a Day challenge (one cache per every calendar day no matter which year) Delorme challenge, County challenge, Alphanumeric challenge (caches start with A-Z and 0-9), benchmark challenge, percent of caches within various mountain parks and caches by prolific cachers challenges, a DNF challenge. Im considering setting up a challenge for finding a cache within every 1 mile grid of my city. Im also considering a puzzle challenge.

What would a "DNF challenge" consist of? You've got me curious! (If it's anything to do with getting lots of DNFs, this might be a challenge I can excel at!) :)

[/

What would a "DNF challenge" consist of? You've got me curious! (If it's anything to do with getting lots of DNFs, this might be a challenge I can excel at!) :)

Maybe a DNF challenge would be where you had to keep searching for caches until you lucked out..! Some days one wouldn't even get started!

There are also challenges for getting every combination of terrain and difficulty, plus mini-challenges for "all terrains" or "all difficulties" for each terrain or difficulty. We also have challenges for a certain number of TBs and GCs moved/discovered (300), and a challenge to have geocached with at least 100 other geocachers. Locally, we have challenges for 7 types of cache in one day, every day for 100 days, and every day for a year. Also a holidays challenge. And a "Bingo" type challenge, where you have to have done certain things (like have your picture taken with Signal, been camping while caching, etc.) in order to log the find. The list goes on..... some of them I'll never be able to do, but most are doable with enough persistence! We have an area called "Challenge Alley" that a particular cache owner has done, and everyone works away at it. I'm just getting started!

What would a "DNF challenge" consist of? You've got me curious! (If it's anything to do with getting lots of DNFs, this might be a challenge I can excel at!) :anibad:

DNF Challenge, where you need 100 DNFs logged in order to find it.

Edited to add, the DNFs logged are not on that cache lol.

Edited by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

We have almost every type of challenge on this thread here in utah, and more thanks to several cachers such as AD0OR, goblincamper2004, SanJoseBeanNazi, and many others. We have:

ABC: Find a cache for each beginning with letter of the alphabet,

Alpahnumeric: Same as above but it includes find caches that begin with the numbers 0-10

Numeric: Find caches that begin with the numbers 0-10

Bakers' dozen: Find the dozen oldest in the county/state(we have both types)

Fizzy/fuzzy(whatever): Find a cache with each of the difficulty and terrain combinations

We also have some interesting new ones

A challenge where you have to find a cache beginning with each letter/number in your caching name.

Great cachers challenge: A cache thanking several great cachers.

A day a year challenge(non-consecutively) Get a cache for each day of the year, including february 29! The interesting thing is with this one is that the person who made it made it like this: 1%, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100% of the days of the year. 1% = 4 days, 20 = 76 or so days, etc.

A day a year challenge(consectively) Get a cache every day for a year, leap year day optional depending on when you start and end.

100 days challenge(consectively)

100 traditionals

100 multi's

100 puzzles

100 events

100 letterboxes

100 CITO's

100 virtuals

100 DNF's: You havbe to log 100 DNF's that you have while searching for caches

Terrain challenges: GTet all of a type of terrain. THere is one for each terrain level.

and so on. For the Webcams, and stuff like it is done in smaller numbers.

1 of each type of cache

5 of each type of cache

10 of each type of cache

For those three, mega-events and ape's aren't included, but can count for one of them. Also, webcams are included in all three, but the last two ones, they combine with the virtuals or the regular events.

THere are more, but I will log them later. THanks, and have a great 10th anniversary of geocaching! gwf :unsure: