Weather extremes....

Okay, since the topic of weather extremes has been raised.....what are the temperature extremes you've "enjoyed?" For us, we were out, and some of it was decent woods hiking, in temperatures where the mercury read 25 below. Didn't want to know the windchill, although the winds were light that day.

Not sure what our summer extremes might be, but it gets hot and humid in the Upper Mississippi River valley.

Today, here in central Florida, my caching day started out at a brisk 38* F, with wind gusts around 5 to 7 knots. In the late summer, I've been caching when it was 97* F and the humidity was 100%!! So, who's ready to come to Florida for some hot & steamy summer-time geocaching? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH. :):P

Edited by rocketsteve

Cold? Hard to say. In Arizona low desert it doesnt get that cold. Maybe hovering around freezing. For my blood thats a chill of - 10 lol.

Hot? I have a feeling I will be able to claim a 120 this summer as part of the cache a day challenge. I know I tried for a FTF after having a root canal in 113 temperature one day. Im sure we have cached in 115 too.

Okay, since the topic of weather extremes has been raised.....what are the temperature extremes you've "enjoyed?" For us, we were out, and some of it was decent woods hiking, in temperatures where the mercury read 25 below. Didn't want to know the windchill, although the winds were light that day.

Not sure what our summer extremes might be, but it gets hot and humid in the Upper Mississippi River valley.

At 25 below, who cares what the wind chill was? That's too d*#^ cold. :)

We've been out in 35 degree weather here, and as high as 100 or so in California

There's a reason that mankind developed nice warm houses and air conditioning. There are just times when the temperature isn't right for playing outside.

Having said that, I think the spectrum of caching for me was about 85 degrees. 20F on the low side (with a brutal 30mph wind) and 105 or so on the high side, with no wind at all. Much outside of those extremes, I am going to hole up somewhere.