Historical themed Geocaching?

Does anybody know any resources for finding Geocaches that have a historical theme?

I like to travel and visit a locality history and being able to find them easily would be helpful. You know

how it is when you are on vacation time is limited.

BTW: Is there an Icon for history themed geocaches?

Historically yours,

-RKO

Does anybody know any resources for finding Geocaches that have a historical theme?

I like to travel and visit a locality history and being able to find them easily would be helpful. You know

Historically yours,

-RKO

Calif has many

Historically yours,

-RKO

Not really, other than screening cache names and descriptions. I have a historical caches bookmark (which is limited to Washington State), and that is how I find likely caches.

Historically yours,

-RKO

Not really, other than screening cache names and descriptions. I have a historical caches bookmark (which is limited to Washington State), and that is how I find likely caches.

Washington certainly does have some historical caches, or at least my home town does (Sequim). To find them all you have to do is keyword search Sequim.

+1 regarding Waymarking.

I LOVE history caches, but filtering them out can be tough. I'm lucky though because many caches around here tend to be placed in historical spots to commemorate their significance, so I never have to look too hard. I do wish they included a separate label for historical caches like they do for earth caches. I can't believe the interest in this isn't that marked.

I am a geocacher and also a travel agent. I have specifically put together a cruise with special group rates for geocachers to travel up the west coast from San Francisco to Vancouver with a port of call in Astoria Oregon. From Astoria, it is possible to geocache near Fort Clatsop where Lewis and Clark ended their exploratory expedition to the Pacific Ocean. I thought that geocachers would be excited about the historical aspects of the Lewis and Clark experience. My husband and I are excited about going on that cruise and would be delighted to have other geocachers aboard. Of course there is LOTS of history in SF, Victoria and Vancouver, BC as well. This cruise will take place between May 14-18, 2011. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Edited by Springerdog

I am a geocacher and also a travel agent. I have specifically put together a cruise with special group rates for geocachers to travel up the west coast from San Francisco to Vancouver with a port of call in Astoria Oregon. From Astoria, it is possible to geocache near Fort Clatsop where Lewis and Clark ended their exploratory expedition to the Pacific Ocean. I thought that geocachers would be excited about the historical aspects of the Lewis and Clark experience. My husband and I are excited about going on that cruise and would be delighted to have other geocachers aboard. Of course there is LOTS of history in SF, Victoria and Vancouver, BC as well. This cruise will take place between May 14-18, 2011. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Send me a reminder?

... a cruise with special group rates for geocachers to travel up the west coast from San Francisco to Vancouver with a port of call in Astoria Oregon. From Astoria, it is possible to geocache near Fort Clatsop where Lewis and Clark ended their exploratory expedition to the Pacific Ocean. I thought that geocachers would be excited about the historical aspects of the Lewis and Clark experience. Of course there is LOTS of history in SF, Victoria and Vancouver, BC as well. This cruise will take place between May 14-18, 2011. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Send me a reminder?

Group rate is good until November 13 when reservation deposits need to be made. Shall I remind you in October? It will be good to have you along!