Garmin Colorado 300 - distance between two waypoints?

HelTom

Basically, my question is simple but I cannot figure out how to do this. We have a Garmin Colorado 300 GPS with latest software. Now there are dozens of waypoints and cache locations stored in the memory. The question is: how do I make the GPS show a distance between two points???

This could be very useful, for example when planning a trip to a new place. How far is the cache X from my hotel? What is the distance between those two caches that are hidden in places A and B in another city? I've tried the Waypoint Manager and Route Planner but they make me even more confused. :anibad: The GPS seems to involve the "home" location in every search or calculation and I am not interested in how far any of the points are from home - I want their distance from each other. Help, anyone? :P

On some screens you will see a bulls-eye looking button at the bottom...you can use that to set a location you wish to search near, including coordinates, caches, or just a spot you pick from a map. I do believe it tells you the distance from the point you chose, not the distance from your current location. No need to go into demo mode or alter your location.

On some screens you will see a bulls-eye looking button at the bottom...you can use that to set a location you wish to search near, including coordinates, caches, or just a spot you pick from a map. I do believe it tells you the distance from the point you chose, not the distance from your current location. No need to go into demo mode or alter your location.

:anibad:

A button at the bottom of the screen? On a Colorado? Perhaps you're referring to an Oregon or some other GPS?

:P