COINTEST: Dreaming of Resolutions!

anne.and.eli

murphyrulez: can I be your wife? :anibad:

osmodion: Have more fun in life...that's really the best goal I think I can think of! :D

I'm really enjoying reading these, everyone! Thank you for taking the time to share them with us. :lol:

:anibad: I can not say for me to have more fun! I have lot's of fun in my life... And God is having fun with me sometimes....with all the things I have to face... :) Well... That's life! :lol:

Edited by GATOULIS

1) Find more time for geocaching

2) enjoy life more (I have decided that "it's the quantity of life, not the quality"...so I will be giving up what luxuries I have in life)

3) finish up the unfinished projects around the house

4) start up again with old hobbies that I use to love (horseback riding, crafts, photography)

5) get closer to living relatives and learn more about our ancestory

6) be more active in my Native American tribe

7) collect more geocoins (currently at 2)

That's all that I can think of at this moment. Though that seems like alot.

Thank You for this great Cointest!

I have been thinking about my resolutions quite a bit, but am sad to say that I don't have them all "ironed out" just yet. It is already the 5th, so I guess that resolution about not procrastinating is already broken? :unsure:

2010 will be a benchmark year for me, and the resolutions speak to that. Here are a few, in no particular order:

1. Complete my dissertation and graduate (with my PhD)

2. Reach 500 caches, and hopefully in the process complete a fizzy, the Arkansas State Parks challenge, and the Arkansas county challenge.

3. Go birding once a week

4. Go camping once a month (good for the soul, and mixes nicely with caching)

5. Get a job!

Happy New Year, everyone!

--Log my cache finds in a timely manner. Maybe within a week of the find. That means I have two more days for the ones I found on the first.

--My son is getting married in May. I have to have my house renovations done before that. Tiling the Kitchen, paint the kitchen family room etc, fix the sink and minor stuff like that. LOL

OK...I'll add one or two more.

I resolve to have a happy b-day tomorrow, and not worry about the ages to come (I will be 39 tomorrow).

I also resolve to appreciate what I have more, and more often.

Finally, I resolve to talk to God more (I have been sorely lacking in this department lately).

Thanx again for the cointest!!

I resolve to have a happy b-day tomorrow, and not worry about the ages to come (I will be 39 tomorrow).

Finally, I resolve to talk to God more (I have been sorely lacking in this department lately).

Happy birthday for tomorrow my friend!!!! :D

About talking to God.... He is watching you my friend....

Even if sometimes you talk to your self.... you are actually talking to Him!!! :D

He is a good listener and he acts with mysterius ways, many times.... but you can see His Glory everywhere and all the time!!!:D

It is good to appreciate what you have! As humans, we do not aften do that! We are blind and we see only what others have.... From there Jealousy is Getting birth and growing fast....and takes us into the dark side... :rolleyes:

Almost none actually sees and appreciates what he has!! the things we have, even if we thing they are so little, are for someone else too many and probably only dreams! Even things that we take as basic, like water, food, medicines.... :)

Be well my friend and Have a great Birthday tomorrow!!!! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

Since we just organized a trade, don't add my name to the list :rolleyes: Let someone else have an opportunity at one of these cuties :D

Here are my resolutions/dreams:

-Sleep more

-Move somewhere with better weather

-Get more sleep

-Be more consistent about running

-Get enough rest every night

-Finish PolskiKrols coin design and get it made!

-Move up to climbing 5.10's

-Go to sleep at a reasonable hour and start waking up refreshed for work

-See more of the world/leave North America more often

-Go back to Utah, and Colorado. Do some slot canyon hiking and climb at least one 14er

-Finish coloring in my cached states map, and get to work on my cached countries map!

-Get better rest (am I repeating myself?)

-Get to a point where I can stand up on a surfboard (and not fall right off)

Edited by ThirstyMick

I have 1 resolution for 2010 but I do have lots of goals for 2010 but I'm only going to share the 2010 resolution :D

*** I bought a treadmill and that means significantly less nutella for the year :D I've been on the treamill everyday this year :D

Good luck to everyone and their resoltuons and goals.

With a treadmill can't you maintain your Nutella input? :D

LOL.... I can't start using that rationalization :)

A Treadmill In Great Big, wide open Montana ?

I saw a pic of your back yard, Throw on a loin cloth and run with the Carabou!!!

This time of year?! : :rolleyes: She'd freeze to death up there in Montana!! Though, I'll agree that outdoors with the sunshine shining and lots of things to look at, its a lot easier to convince your body that the abuse is good for it :D I've never been good about sticking to the treadmill (and then winter comes on and I pack it all back on, lol), good luck Tsun!

Happy Birthday SgtMikal!!!!!!!

Even if sometimes you talk to your self.... you are actually talking to Him!!! :D

He is a good listener and he acts with mysterius ways, many times.... but you can see His Glory everywhere and all the time!!!:D

It is good to appreciate what you have! As humans, we do not aften do that! We are blind and we see only what others have.... From there Jealousy is Getting birth and growing fast....and takes us into the dark side... :rolleyes:

Almost none actually sees and appreciates what he has!! the things we have, even if we thing they are so little, are for someone else too many and probably only dreams! Even things that we take as basic, like water, food, medicines.... :)

What a great and uplifting message! Thank you so much, Nikos! You're a great friend!

PS...the coin that I won from you last summer travelled to the Czech Republic, and moved around that area for a while, but hasn't moved in a couple of months. Right now, that is the only coin I have overseas, so it is fun to watch! Thanx again!

SgtMikal, Happy Birthday. Hope all your dreams come true.

Here are my plans for the new year.

1. Spend more individual time with each of my kids.

2. Visit with my Mother and get her out of her house more often.

3. Attend 5 caching events.

4. Take the time to find good locations for a few more caches.

5. Get the daycare kids outside more on longer hikes. They love going "geostashing" but it's hard to get the baby out very much.

6. Pass along a few coins to those that like to put together cointests.

It is good to appreciate what you have! As humans, we do not aften do that! We are blind and we see only what others have.... From there Jealousy is Getting birth and growing fast....and takes us into the dark side... :)

Almost none actually sees and appreciates what he has!! the things we have, even if we thing they are so little, are for someone else too many and probably only dreams! Even things that we take as basic, like water, food, medicines.... :D

What a great and uplifting message! Thank you so much, Nikos! You're a great friend!

PS...the coin that I won from you last summer travelled to the Czech Republic, and moved around that area for a while, but hasn't moved in a couple of months. Right now, that is the only coin I have overseas, so it is fun to watch! Thanx again!

:D

Oh! I hope your coin will move again soon! I do not know the weather in Czech republic! I was hearing in the news that a big part of Europe has huge problems with snow, cold etc!!! In Scandinavia the temperature reached the -45C !!!! JESUS!!!!

Here in greece, we have a wind and it might rain for a while, but we are still haven't really used our heavy winter clothes!!! At least in Rhodes.... flowers started coming out.... :D

We haven't really felt winter yet!!! Strange...

anyway... I have coins like that too! I have coins in caches that stayed for too long there (one is in a cache from August!!!), and others that cachers are holding them for 2, 3 or 4 months!

A guy had lost one of my coins! What shall I do? I hoped he will find it somewhere in his house of car! It is missing from April! I will soon send an email to see if there any news and if not... I will turn it into a missing one!

An other coin is in the hands of a cacher from Norway from May! I send an email, but without response! I will send an other but I understand that with the cold and snow there it will be difficult to drop it now, but at least I have to know if he still has it!!! Otherwise... what shall I do if I will not have response once again?? Mark it as stollen??? :rolleyes:

Oh boy... I made a small list of 10 coins I have and are not moving (the last in the list moved on October), and I am almost sure that at least 3 of them are already gone! :D

SgtMikal, Happy Birthday to you.

I read that you still are very young, so don't let age trouble you.

Half of Europe is covered in snow and even worse : Ice.

If your coin is in a cache in the Czec republic,

I am affraid you will have to wait untill spring, unless some die-hard comes along. :rolleyes:

SgtMikal, Happy Birthday to you.

I read that you still are very young, so don't let age trouble you.

Half of Europe is covered in snow and even worse : Ice.

If your coin is in a cache in the Czec republic,

I am affraid you will have to wait untill spring, unless some die-hard comes along. :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for the well-wishes! I am certainly not letting age trouble me. That's no problem at all. I just play with my little ones (my sons are 8 years old and 18 months old).

I figured that there were weather issues in that area to be honest. In fact, since the coin was left in its current location 10/25/09, no one else has found the cache. No worries.

Resolutions; Mmm do I have any?

Every day there is something to learn or to enjoy.

Big resolutions.

Usualy I just make plans and do things. Are those decisions resolutions too.

Some years ago I had a conversation with my nephew about traveling and I told him that if he was as tall as I am, we would go traveling to a country of his choice. He was 7 when I made that promise and 14 when he anounced that he was nearly outgrowing me and that he would like to go to the Chinese wall. So we went there in 2004 and had a fantastic time. Did about 5 caches too.

Last year my niece was tall enough.

She wants to go to Indonesia.

My niece got ill, so we had to postepone that trip.

This year we will go, no matter what.

We will just do it.

I have at least one coin to drop in a cache in Indonesia, so at least one cache to visit.

I have a few things I want to do tis year, and a lot of things I wish would happen eventually.

New car. Done! 12-30-09

Reach 600 finds, then find more caches locally to continue reaching more milestones.

Get a job that I can physically do.

Finish several projects I've started on, including my geocoin trading/seeking/collection website.

Finally place the 11 cache series I've been wanting to place since November 2008.

Place more good caches.

Fix three of my caches so they can be reactivated. :D (Couldn't with old car.)

Clean out my storage unit (haha Yeah right. :rolleyes: )

Take pictures of all my geocoins. (For website.)

... (read: anything I'm forgetting atm. :))

Edited by Howlingmoon

Alright, I have compiled a list of everyone who entered and random.org was nice enough to provide us with two winners!

#1. opalsns!

#2. LadyBee4T!

Please send me your contact info and I'll send you a coin!

Thanks everyone, and good luck keeping your resolutions. :P Maybe at the end of the year we can look back on this thread and see what we've accomplished!

Alright, I have compiled a list of everyone who entered and random.org was nice enough to provide us with two winners!

#1. opalsns!

#2. LadyBee4T!

Thanks everyone, and good luck keeping your resolutions. :P Maybe at the end of the year we can look back on this thread and see what we've accomplished!

Congrat's Ladies and thanks for the cointest anne. :lol:

--Log my cache finds in a timely manner. Maybe within a week of the find. That means I have two more days for the ones I found on the first.

--My son is getting married in May. I have to have my house renovations done before that. Tiling the Kitchen, paint the kitchen family room etc, fix the sink and minor stuff like that. LOL

#1. opalsns!

#2. LadyBee4T!

Thanks everyone, and good luck keeping your resolutions. :lol: Maybe at the end of the year we can look back on this thread and see what we've accomplished!

I won??? Thanks so much!!!!!

I have to admit though that I haven't yet logged the caches I found on the 1st. I resolve to do it very very soon! :P

Congratulations to the lucky winners!!! :)

thank you anne forthe cointest and the generousity! WOW! 5 coins in 2 cointest! Am I correct? :P You are great! B)

I've won way more coins than that in cointests! I'm just excited I finally have a way to pay it forward. :lol: Have a few more cointests cooking, keep an eye out!

Mods: Please don't close this thread if possible, it'd be nice to revisit at the end of the year, similar to last year's resolution thread. Thanks. :D

Resolutions - geocaching related

1. Win a lil dreamer coin ( hasn't happened - yet )

2. Have a cointest similar to opalsns (had an idea for football this year but didn't have the coins for winners)next football season

3. Find 3000 total caches - need 800still need 800

Adding

4. make a Wherigo cache

5. Host an event

6. Go to a megaevent

7. Make a personal coin - I hope

I have a few things I want to do tis year, and a lot of things I wish would happen eventually.

New car. Done! 12-30-09

Reach 600 finds, then find more caches locally to continue reaching more milestones.

Get a job that I can physically do.

Finish several projects I've started on, including my geocoin trading/seeking/collection website.

Finally place the 11 cache series I've been wanting to place since November 2008.

Place more good caches.

Fix three two of my caches so they can be reactivated. :D (Couldn't with old car.)

Clean out my storage unit (haha Yeah right. :) )

Take pictures of all my geocoins. (For website.)

... (read: anything I'm forgetting atm. :huh:)

I found #600 on the 9th. :anicute:

WOW!!!! Today I received an unexpected letter!!!! One of my dreams came true thanks to Anne!!!

I got a greek geocoin, a BN Li'l Dreamer coin and the one of a kind Nickel sample of the Li'l Dreamer!!!!! Inside there was a lovely card too!!!!

Anne... you are so sweet!!!! Thank you so much!!! I love you my friend! (I hope Eli is not jealous! :grin: )

I love them my friend!!!! WOW!!!! Thank you soooooooo much!!!!!!

WOW!! I have a sample of this amazing coin!!!! :D A one of a kind!!!!:Ddancinkittyshowinlove.gif