COINTEST: Dreaming of Resolutions!

anne.and.eli

It's a new year which means you've all made those new year's resolutions...right?

Well it's time to share them with everyone, and two of you picked at random will receive a Li'l Dreamer BN coin. :anibad:

So rules:

1. Come up with your dreams and resolutions for the year!

2. Post those dreams and resolutions!

3. ???

4. Profit!!

I'll randomly pick the winners, rules liable to change because I'm fickle but at least two coins will definitely be awarded.

Thanks Toojin for the question:

You can post as many times as you want, but your name will only be added to the hat once.

And let's say this cointest ends on Friday, the 8th or when people quit posting.

Okay go!

Edited by anne.and.eli

And to start off, although I'm unable to win...

1. Hit 250 caches found

2. Get my second (it's cat-related!!) coin made.

3. Finish my research and be ready to work on my dissertation in 2011.

4. Hide at least 5 more caches

5. Get my coins set up for displaying instead of hidden in boxes

6. Sell off some of the extraneous stuff in our garage

7. Get the house painted!

8. Get the bathroom painted

9. Run at least 10 cointests

10. Go to at least 2 mega-events :anibad:

What a great cointest.

1. Go to the gym 3 days a week.

2. Stop procrastinating.

3. Organize my coins. (See #5)

4. Make more trades. (Look out peeps, here she comes! :P See #3 & #5 )

5. Thin out my coin collection.

6. Organize my apartment.

7. Pay bills on time. (See #2)

8. Hit 4000 caches by the end of the year.

9. Add 8-9 new states to the map.

10. Keep this year resolutions. :anibad:

Let's see -- so many dreams...there's a definite difference between dreams & resolutions, tho --

Dreams (personal, possible this year /maybe/)

---------

Serve in the submarine service

Advance (either make Chief or be commissioned)

Resolutions (for this year)

-------------

Focus on my husband's hobby/church time as well as my daughter's development (reading, music, art, math)

Lose some weight (10 lbs would be nice)

Ensure that everyone on my team at work E5 & below advances at least one pay grade while I'm there

Start a fun reading library at work (not Navy- or business-related. I am convinced that the only way to learn how to write well is to read well-written stuff. So I want to start a library at work that's filled with Terry Pratchett, George R. R. Martin, Neal Stephenson, etc books -- stuff that people might actually enjoy reading)

Be better about pumping out geocoin artwork -- that is, I need to come up with a better planning & time management system

Get CS3 or -4 installed on the new Big Mac so that Pat (husband) can actually use the laptop as his own

Climb Mount Fuji

Spend a weekend at Hakone (traditional Japanese hot-springs spa with private outdoor hot springs)

Research & create a local historical letterbox series, with all hand-carved stamps.

Long-term stuff (not this year)

------------------

Run my own geocoin business (as in minting & selling on my own)

Take Summer & Pat on a Disney cruise

Attend the North American Summer Course (two-week Esperanto intensive camp)

Get a Bachelor's (or higher) in Cultural Anthropology

A Master of Art degree would be nice, too

I'll stop now. I could make quite a list!

Edited to add: thanks for the cointest! : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

Let's see -- so many dreams...there's a definite difference between dreams & resolutions, tho --

That's very true. You're welcome to post whichever and whatever you're comfortable sharing. :P

------------------

YES YES YES YES on the first one!

And can my name be added to the second one?? :anibad:

Jackalgirl brings up a good point about dreams vs. resolutions.

My dreams:

Get a job that I love going to. (working towards this, getting a PhD so I can become a professor)

Feel like I'm making the world a better place (started volunteering at the animal shelter last month, and it's awesome)

Turn my fixer-upper house into a fixed-up home. :P (See resolutions)

Find outlets for my creativity that at least fund themselves (coin creation, etsy, etc, here I come!)

Travel to each continent (I'd love to go to every country...well visitable country) Seems I either have time or money, but never both! :anibad:

Edited by anne.and.eli

That's very true. You're welcome to post whichever and whatever you're comfortable sharing. :P

------------------

YES YES YES YES on the first one!

And can my name be added to the second one?? :anibad:

Why thank you!

Do you think they'd give us a group discount if, say, we organized a geocoin event /on a Disney cruise/? How cool would THAT be? (Event coords: Castaway Bay!)

Do you think they'd give us a group discount if, say, we organized a geocoin event /on a Disney cruise/? How cool would THAT be? (Event coords: Castaway Bay!)

Sign me up!! Anne.and.Eli (well the Anne part) and I actually got to go to a conference on a Disney cruise last Spring. Unfortunately we didn't discovery geocaching until later -- turns out there's a cache on Castaway Cay! So I'm ready to go back. :anibad:

Fun cointest, thanks!

I really only have 2 resolutions and one of them is more of a long term goal since it'll take closer to 2 years to achieve. But it started out as a 5 year plan so I'm getting there!

1 (The actual resolution) Continue working out daily. Even if it doesn't lead to weight loss it does make me feel better, both physically and mentally!

2 (The goal) Be debt free by the end of 2011. Coins really haven't helped this goal but I'm getting there!

edit: Can I add a resolution for Groundspeak? Fix the forum so we don't get so many timeouts and double posts! :anibad::D:P

Edited by sunsetmeadowlark

Sign me up!! Anne.and.Eli (well the Anne part) and I actually got to go to a conference on a Disney cruise last Spring. Unfortunately we didn't discovery geocaching until later -- turns out there's a cache on Castaway Cay! So I'm ready to go back. :anibad:

And I'm sure there are caches in the Bahamas.. :P Totally sign me up for this! We got group discounts for the conference, so they must be available. :D Mega-event on a cruise ship!

OMG that sounds divine. Please make this happen. That's so going on my dream list.

Well, it looks like we all have a common dream! I'll look into group pricing. I probably won't be able to go, myself (I'd have to fly in from Japan, and that's $$$), but I can at least give some practical numbers. Shoot me an email if you're actually interested; I'll put together a mailing list so that we can chat about what we find.

Is it legit if the geocoin event location moves around? ; )

1) Start discovering new things and designing devices rather than fixing other people's bad designs and hating my job :anibad:

2) Finally start eating less, going to fitness and hiking ( not staying at home all the time posting in forums) :P

3) Finally find time to finish my electronic high-tech solar powered caches :D

4) make a cache that is super mystery and fun at the same time

5) release a second geocoin before people give up asking me to do it :D

6) Long term : find a home in the forest or mountains where I can live peaceful life

7) Almost impossible: Find a job or business that is fun, profitable, stable and not stressful

8) Absolutely impossible : live long , be healthy and young forever and become attractive to women B)

Good idea for a cointest. New year is always the time I try to start new life and forget about bad habits. But finally realize that I have lost anther year and I'm old and unsuccessful .

The worst part is I know it is my fault - I'm too lazy! It would be so good if I could blame others :o

BTW: The coin is very beautiful and I'm sure kids love it :D

Edited by Pospalan

my dreamzzzzzz are simple and i hope so that they will come out ...............

my biggest dream is that the soldiers do come home SAFE and SOON...............

a other dream is that everybody will find there HAPPYNIZZZZZZz................

and my last dream well it`s a selfish because that dream is that i will MEET lotzzzzz of you and that we will have MUCHHHHHHHH FUN in JULY 2010 :anibad:

Things taht would be cool :

We're aiming for our 1000th cache find, it seems reasonable!

Hopefully we'll get a second coin minted (and hopefully it will be faster)

Things that should be done :

Take more care of myself

Also, I've made the resolve not to make any good resolution this year, it will be easier to keep and less frustrating.

Thanks for the cointest!

OK - a few here:

1) Aim for 100 finds in this year (taking me to around 660 finds).

2) Aim for hiding 50 earthCaches.

3) Getting my Platinum EarthCache Masters Award

4) Hiding 1 Wherigo cache (at least)

5) Attending my first CITO

6) Drink more water

7) Excercise my knee so that I can keep walking longer (just had a minor op and a wake up call)

8) Continue spending plenty of family time together

9) Work to the best of my ability at work

10) Look back on 31 December and be happy with what I spent my time on and my achievements

:P thank you for the cointest my dear friend!!! :cool:

Hmm... dreams for the new year.... we all have dreams but we hide them deep in our mind just because we are afraid that if we tell about them they will not come true!!! :D

My dreams.... some are simple, some are not....

Some can be done, some...will stay dreams....

anyway....

Here is a small list...

1) to find a job this year... I have to work this season! things are not the best even in my country.... so... :anibad:

Of course my dream is to find a full year job so I can continue with my life...

2) Find more military pogs! :cool: I loved them so much!!! they are beautiful!!! :cool:

3) find banknotes I do not have to enrich my collection, and especially from countries I do not have any banknotes, so I can go closer to my dream... the Guinnes world record! :D I heard that in 2002 the record was 217 countries... I am close to that, but I do not know if it still stands!

4) to go to 100 finds and place my first cache! hmm... the 100 finds will be extremelly difficult here.... well... you never know! :cool:

5) to have some company here! I mean an other geocacher living in Rhodes!!!

6) Release my first TB... I think I can do that.... B) it is not a dream.. it is something I would like to do this year!

7) have as much fun in the forums and in cointests as I had in 2009...

8) Make a pathtag! It will be the first Greek pathtag, since I am the only pathtager from Greece! Of course, other things had to be made first... no money no honey... :o

9) Participate in an event so I can meet you guys!!! :D

10) ..... I will leave this blank!

ancient Greeks were puting their God's statues standing in square rocks where the inscription for the statue was! They were placing them in temples, in areas like the market....

they used to have all God's statues plus an empty square rock for a statue! the inscription was saying.... to the unknown God!

So... I will do a similar thing in my dream list! No 10 will be left empty for the dreams that will come in my way this year... :cool:

Find a new place to live!

Question: One post per account?

Oops, forgot about that. ummmmmmm how about:

You are welcome to post multiple times, but your name will only be added to the hat once. :anibad:

That is an awesome way to do it. Fair and FUN!!!!!

Great Idea !!!

Start a fun reading library at work (not Navy- or business-related. I am convinced that the only way to learn how to write well is to read well-written stuff. So I want to start a library at work that's filled with Terry Pratchett, George R. R. Martin, Neal Stephenson, etc books -- stuff that people might actually enjoy reading)

Sounds like you read the same genres I do. Have you ever tried Peter F Hamilton or Iain M Banks?

I can send some John LeCarre softcovers I've read to death if you'd like. :anibad:

Edited by E&Cplus3

unicornsample1.jpg

OK I am going for shameless here:

My dream is to get the Follow Your Dreams Coin.

I will tell you why, so I do not seem so.... I like the symbolism of the coin the ragged little pony that dares to dream of being the beautiful Unicorn.

How many of us are there out here that Dream to be well what we can only imagine.......

P.S. If I win this coin I have a special goal in mind for it I will re-gift it to one little girl or boy who like I dares to dream to be more..... I am sure they are much more deserving than I.

I have cointest in mind for it already.

My goals for this year:

1. Start eating right and using all those exercise programs I have for the Wii.

2. Lose 50 lbs

3. Rip down the old deck on the house and rebuild

4. Finish my woodworking shop and start churning out projects for the house.

5. Design 3 new coins

6. Hit 1000 caches found

7. Put money aside every month to buy my wife that Canon Eos 50D next Christmas

8. Place 20 caches

For 2010,

I would like to get in a health routine that would prepare me to go an a Breast Can cer Awareness Walk-a-thon.

Finish the House interior.

Go to a NASCAR race and meet and greet (lol) Tony Stewart

Hello Opalsns,

Great resolutions I did the Relay for Life and I love it I am hooked on doing it again and again.

See my TB: Relay for Life Travel Bug TB26Y7A

As for the NASCAR Race they are great fun, I would tell you to pick one that not everyone heads to maybe POCONO the inside the track activities are the best.

I met Kasey Kahne there he was riding around on a Golf Cart with other Drivers kids just having fun.

I know Bristol and the 2nd race is the holy grail but my family and I like some of the others for the rest of the activities.

Already on my way for this one:

6+ months of personal training and exercise at the gym leading to better strength, health, and happiness. I think it will help me to lose weight too, but that is not the primary part of the goal.

Also:

Continue caching, possibly to reach 1000 this year.

I would like to host an event, but I'm a little chicken of the process.

To hide my first cache. Don't know why I havent tried this aspect yet.

And:

remodel the computer room, clear out the clutter.

:anibad: Of course everybody's dream is to win your coin anne! :D

It is a coin that says to follow our dreams... from the first time I saw it when you were still planning to make it.. I posted how fantastic this coin was and that the little horse was actually ourself....

It teaches us never to give up on our dreams... no matter if we believe that hopes have ended....

It is a lovely coin that I wish..... :P

Who knows... wishes and dreams are sisters! You are wishing for something you really want... for something you are dreaming to have! So..

hmm... what's the name of the horse? Cinderella? :D

Anyway.... I wouldn't say no to the sample coin either! B)

My caching related goals for 2010 inlcude:

1. Find at least 365 caches

2. Add at least one state to my states cached

3. Hide at least 4 caches

My goals are a bit more modest this year than last. With my son in college, I don't get out caching as much as I used to. States are getting a bit tougher too, I have 30 and will need some signigicant travel opportunity to add another. Finally, I failed abismally at hiding caches last year. I really need to step up this year. I want to hide caches like those I enjoy finding (w/ a walk in the woods or with something of interest at the cache location) which is getting tough due to many of the best places having caches already.

4. Reach 2000 caches in NC

5. Reach 50 caches in WV and OH

Approximately 40% of my cache finds have been out of state so I only need about 190 caches in NC to reach goal 4. I've been close to 50 in OH for a couple years and WV is close enough that I ought to be able to get to that goal with a bit of effort.

Edited by tokencollector

I have 1 resolution for 2010 but I do have lots of goals for 2010 but I'm only going to share the 2010 resolution :)

*** I bought a treadmill and that means significantly less nutella for the year :P I've been on the treamill everyday this year :D

Good luck to everyone and their resoltuons and goals.

Edited by tsunrisebey

I have 1 resolution for 2010 but I do have lots of goals for 2010 but I'm only going to share the 2010 resolution :)

*** I bought a treadmill and that means significantly less nutella for the year :P I've been on the treamill everyday this year :D

With a treadmill can't you maintain your Nutella input? :D

*** I bought a treadmill and that means significantly less nutella for the year :D I've been on the treamill everyday this year :D

With a treadmill can't you maintain your Nutella input? :huh:

LOL.... I can't start using that rationalization :P

Well I'll throw my resolutions out there.

1. Is to lose weight this year.

2. To expand and grow my new business.

3. To cache as often as I can (owning my own business makes this tough sometimes)

4. Place the micro series I have ready so cachers here can keep caching in the winter.

5. Make my geocaching trip to the Geo-Triad as I had planned to last year and couldn't make the time because of opening my company.

6. Hope to hit 500 caches and have my kids along on a lot of those.

kayn

Thanks for hosting the cointest !

Wow...I started reading the posts above mine, and realized that I was adding too many things to my own list because I liked what all of you were saying. So...I will try to post an uninfluenced list.

I want to advance within my company at some time in 2010. I have been with my current employer since 2001, and in my current position since 2004. Time for a change.

I want to hide more caches this year, particularly in my Yadda Yadda Yadda series (check my profile for my Seinfeld trivia mystery caches in this series).

I would like to hold another cointest.

I would like to join a coin mission.

I would like to attend more event caches and meet more local cachers.

I would like to get a truck again.

I would like to eat better (not lose weight, just eat better).

THANX FOR THE COINTEST!!

Well, it looks like we all have a common dream! I'll look into group pricing. I probably won't be able to go, myself (I'd have to fly in from Japan, and that's $$$), but I can at least give some practical numbers. Shoot me an email if you're actually interested; I'll put together a mailing list so that we can chat about what we find.

Is it legit if the geocoin event location moves around? ; )

We (Myself, Johnslady56, and Tamster56) might very well be interested in the cruise! You might want to try and contact Rockin' Roddy regarding getting cruise pricing as he is the one who has set up the geocaching cruise from GeoWoodstock this year.

As for my resolutions, since I have never really stuck to them when I make up a whole list of them I am only going with two this year:

1. Stop smoking (working on it by cutting back and becoming more aware of when and why I smoke)

2. Live a healthier lifestyle (which of course includes the smoking cessation and other things like excersing and eating better)

Resolutions for this year,

Have less stress in my life

Go caching more often, that will help me achieve the above

To hold an event for COG members, how’s that Multi Event Idea coming along Avroair

Dreams for the year,

Retire which would make doing all the above a lot easier but this one may not happen this year, the countdown has begun 754 days

Thanks for the cointest anne.and.eli :)

*** I bought a treadmill and that means significantly less nutella for the year :D I've been on the treamill everyday this year :D

With a treadmill can't you maintain your Nutella input? :huh:

LOL.... I can't start using that rationalization :P

A Treadmill In Great Big, wide open Montana ?

I saw a pic of your back yard, Throw on a loin cloth and run with the Carabou!!!