Deleting my cache

sillywabbit

OK, I know this is going to be obvious and I'll have to sit in the corner wearing my stupid hat... I really can't find out how to delete my cache. I have searched the forum and the site, but can't see how to do it.

I have a cache that I just can't find, and have even email a person that found it ( no reply ) with a request for more infor, searched again recently but no luck. I really DON'T want to admit it's gone because that makes me a very sad bunny. I have to admit now though that it's gone, missing, and no more. I need to delete this cache listing, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance :-)

OK, I know this is going to be obvious and I'll have to sit in the corner wearing my stupid hat... I really can't find out how to delete my cache. I have searched the forum and the site, but can't see how to do it.

I have a cache that I just can't find, and have even email a person that found it ( no reply ) with a request for more infor, searched again recently but no luck. I really DON'T want to admit it's gone because that makes me a very sad bunny. I have to admit now though that it's gone, missing, and no more. I need to delete this cache listing, how do I do it?

Just go to the listing and hit archive and as soon as the reviewer sees this it will be archived.

I'm going to have to be a little confused now. You say you cannot find your own cache? did you actually place the cache yourself? in which case it is either still there (albeit moved a little from where you left it) or not at all.

Looking at your logs, I see that appart from the occasional DNF which is to be expected, there have been no issues, so don't be so hasty to get rid, but to replace the cache with a new container. although considering the theme of the container, I see you may have had difficulties in getting a suitible replacement, in which case, the above post has explained what to do.

Edited by Ant89

You cannot delete your Cache listing, it will always remain in the archives(unless there is some legal issue and GS deletes all records of it) but you can Archive it, which will remove it from being actively seen in a search. You can find the Archive option in the upper right corner of the Cache page with the other tools for managing your listing. There is always the option to Replace the box out in the field too. If you plan to do that, then you can temporarliy disable the listing until you do it.

Welcome silly wabbit

I assume you're referring to your Chinese Treasure Box cache, as it's your only cache...

As Haffy said above, if you want to delete the details of your cache from this site (so that it doesn't show up in geocachers searches any more) then just go to the cache page, look top right under Navigation, Hit Archive Listing, enter any comments into the box, press Submit Log Entry, then Confirm your intention to archive it on the next page.

But be aware that this is a final step - You do realise that you can replace your missing cache container if you wish to do so and then re-activate your cache?

MrsB :rolleyes:

Hi all! Thanks for the replies, everybody! I actually do have another container that's similar, but just assumed that I would have to start again. So what I will probably do is just replace the cache and then re-list it.

@an89 - Nope I can't find it and being my OWN cache you would think if anybody knows where it is then it's me, I have looked in the place I left it and looked all around the area to no avail.

Thanks again, all, for the help :-)

It's not that unusual for owners to be unable to find their own cache so don't worry :P Sometimes caches migrate as finders replace them in not-quite-the-right-spot. :rolleyes:

If you do decided to simply replace the container with a new one you won't need to make a new cache listing - You just go to your disabled cache page and select "Enable Listing" (in the Navigation section) and do a log to bring it back to life again.

MrsB

Hi

I'm the reviewer who published your cache originally. I see it is disabled but someone seems to have found it since then unless they've put the wrong date on their logs (which is possible). Don't archive the cache if you plan to replace it, just put out a new container and then enable the cache again with a note explaining this. If you find you have to move the cache from its original location you can update the coordinates on the page but only within a certain distance (about 500 feet). If you get an error message then drop me an email and I will do it for you (you can email me through my profile by clicking on my name).

If you do decide you don't want to replace the cache then just archive it from the links in the Navigation box on the right of the page.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk