Geocache Dollars?

Astor63

While geocaching I found a cache with a 500 Dollar Geo Dollar I'm assuming would be the name of it. It contained a link on it but did not want to take it as I was unsure if I had to leave a certain item in return.

If someone could explain exactly what this is that would be most helpful.

( I'm relatively new to geocaching )

While geocaching I found a cache with a 500 Dollar Geo Dollar I'm assuming would be the name of it. It contained a link on it but did not want to take it as I was unsure if I had to leave a certain item in return.

It was probably a signature item from some player, or maybe some kind of traveler.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

It was probably a signature item from some player, or maybe some kind of traveler.

I've already logged this cache a while ago. Is it ok to go back to it and move it to another cache.

I noticed you found some caches in my neck of the woods in NJ., so you may have see one of these:

D%20front.gif

If so, that is one of my signature items - GeoCash. There is no monetary value. Grab it and keep it if you like. The link on the back is no longer active as I changed internet providers a while back. If you want further info on GeoCash, check them out at this LINK.

Edited by Frodo_Underhill

I've already logged this cache a while ago. Is it ok to go back to it and move it to another cache.

Looks like below it's a Signature item...if it had been a traveler, then yes, it is OK to go back to caches you already found to grab travelers, some people don't like if it's done too much though(Like if you stop at the same cache every week and take all the travelers out)

I noticed you found some caches in my neck of the woods in NJ., so you may have see one of these:

D%20front.gif

If so, that is one of my signature items - GeoCash. There is no monetary value. Grab it and keep it if you like. The link on the back is no longer active as I changed internet providers a while back. If you want further info on GeoCash, check them out at this LINK.

That's exactly what I've found. Wasn't sure what it was. As the link is no longer active what would I do with it now? Keep it and just trade it with other items at caches? Or keep it? Still a bit lost. What did they use to be before you changed isp's?

That's exactly what I've found. Wasn't sure what it was. As the link is no longer active what would I do with it now? Keep it and just trade it with other items at caches? Or keep it? Still a bit lost. What did they use to be before you changed isp's?

The link was for some tracking I tried to run on my old ISP. I was trying to create a poor man's travel bug system. It was very tedious, required manual intervention and did not work well so I abandoned trying to track them. Much easier to use Geocaching's travel bug system.

It is now a collectable signature item. You can keep it if you like or you can put it in another cache as a trade item.

The link was for some tracking I tried to run on my old ISP. I was trying to create a poor man's travel bug system. It was very tedious, required manual intervention and did not work well so I abandoned trying to track them. Much easier to use Geocaching's travel bug system.

It is now a collectable signature item. You can keep it if you like or you can put it in another cache as a trade item.

Oh ok cool, thanks for the help.

those are soooo unique.. awesome idea better then the golf ball, tennis balls, and clothes pins im starting to see here lol

Oh ok cool, thanks for the help.