5th International Math Trade

ECplus3

(i'll just toss a note that if anyone has a compass rose (of any type) that would once to trade, let me know.) :tongue:

My #190 Compass Rose 2009 Polished Nickel did not trade... :(

CF30

well, I've got 4 coins that didn't trade. :) Talk with me. And I know that one (of many) was on my list of want coins. I only had 2 of mine trade, but hey, maybe next time around they'll be desired by someone.

Edited by Ashallond

Lets see: 16 traded/25 possible or 64%

USA 7 packages/ 9 coins

Germany 1 package / 1 coin

Australia 1 package / 1 coin

Canada 1 package / 2 coins

Netherlands 1 package / 3 coins

All trades should go out today after this post. I have to run up to the post office for some other packages and will probably be up there for an hour at least getting them shipped. :unsure:

:unsure: I also made a list of what each of my trades did trade choice-wise:

9th, 16th, 6th, -, 3rd, 7th, 5th, 10th, 12th, 16th, -, -, -, -, 10th, 11th, 1st, -, 11th, -, -, -, 8th, 13th, 14th

This was interesting to see because a few of the coins that I thought would do really well didn't and some others unexpectedly got one of the first few trade choices listed for the particular coin. Guess it shows the difference we all put different emphasis on what we consider good coins.

I enjoyed it and hope to do it again next year. :anibad:

update: all mailed as of 2 pm CST

Edited by scificollector

All mailers went out today, yes even the heaviest to CA :unsure: Now just have to wait for the incoming :unsure:

2GOLFERS, ANNE.AND.ELI, ATLANTAGAL, NEFESH, PENNY AND KONA, SCIFICOLLECTOR, THE MOOP ALONG, TURLUTORTUE

Incoming

BaJo, 2Golfers, Bennieboys, Crowesfeat30, Dark Elf, DresselDragons, E&Cplus3, ELTADA, gardengorilla, GeoKs, Mar-elendili, ModelCitizen, Penny and Kona, Turlutortue

Edited by kini_ont

9th, 16th, 6th, -, 3rd, 7th, 5th, 10th, 12th, 16th, -, -, -, -, 10th, 11th, 1st, -, 11th, -, -, -, 8th, 13th, 14th

This was interesting to see because a few of the coins that I thought would do really well didn't and some others unexpectedly got one of the first few trade choices listed for the particular coin. Guess it shows the difference we all put different emphasis on what we consider good coins.

How did you figure this out?

Wow, 16 of 21 traded. I was pleasantly suprised. Although I didn't get some of my first choices I did get my first Compass Rose. WooHoo! All in all l I am very pleased with the results.

I'll be sending out 5 to Portugal, 7 in the USA, 2 to the Netherlands, and 1 to Canada. That will be 11 mailers. I will try to get them all out by the end of the week.

Thank you Chuck for another great Math Trade.

How did you figure this out?

I went thru each coin's variable list and counted from the left until I hit the variable that was for the coin I received for it.

Example (not true list just numbers to illustrate how):

882: 59 168 %planisphere 443 %compassrose 170 5 8

882 received 170. (6th from left or 6th choice)

There...all 14 of mine packed and ready to ship! I am out of customs forms so I'll have to grab some tomorrow and fill them out over a cup of joe :unsure: Even though one is 'local' or as local as Tasmania lol..

Here's my rundown:

1 Portugal

2 The Netherlands

7 USA

1 Germany

2 Canada

1 Australia

Yikes! Shipping will be a killer :unsure:

So they are all on their way today, not bad! It only came to $53.50 I think I have a hand cramp from all of those customs forms though.

18 of 20 mailers sent out for a grand total of $50.65. I ran out of mailers, and my 2 yr old ran off with one of the coins (sorry TMA... we'll find it for you!)

I'm glad some people have started posting that their trades have been sent. Could everyone do that as they send them off? That way people will get a sense of when they should be expecting to see coins in their mailbox.

And as you get your coins, please, PLEASE post pictures! :lol:

All packaged up and ready to go!

4xUSA

1xPortugal

1xNetherlands

3xCanada

To save on shipping, Anne (anne.and.eli) and I are shipping our stuff out together to people who we both have: bennieboys, dresseldragons, drneal, familiasilverstre, turlutortue. There's a note inside each package with which coin comes from which one of us.

All my packages will go out in tomorrow's mail. Hope they find their way to their new homes quickly!

Well I guess I've calmed down enough now to post this...though I am still sick to my stomach with this grievous mistake I have made in the math trade. :laughing: I was so careful, checking the list once, twice, three times and so happy that I was able to figure out the code and how to define the parameters of a trade with a multiple coin...this is hard to say because it's embarrassing but I will not be receiving most of the coins that I thought I won...instead I will be receiving their equivalent number as per the spreadsheet. Yes, you read right!

Instead of typing in the actual coin number I used the line number so I guess these are the coins I am getting as opposed to the coins I thought I had won...this is quite a blow as I let many great coins go! I had a good cry and a couple of beers and I guess at one point had a good laugh at myself but I am still a bit in shock. :)

Actuality... / Once Upon a Dream...

Earth Turtle Tahiti / Earth Turtle Round Silver

Cachepillar LE / Breast Cancer Ribbon

Lord of the Caches Fire BN / Lil Dorkfish Silver

Gone Caching 2 2006 LE/ Geomuse 2006 Bronze

Frozen Bone Cache Zone 2006 Bronze / Creatures Cacheasaurus

Moga Pistol / Moga Pistol

Honk if you love Geocaching / Geocoin Thief AS

Georgia 2007- Tybee Island / Geocaching around the planet BN

Dutch Geocoin 2009 / Creatures of Nightcaching

Sacramento 08’ I came I saw I cached / Moon Dipper AC

Turlutortue AG / Turlutortue AG

Crystal Ball AC / Crake Symbology AB

Two Happy Hikers ’07 / Cornwall 2007

Turlutortue AS / Turlutortue AS

Crystal Compass Rose Amazon / Creatures of Nightcaching BN

Bajo’s Geocoin Event / Quebec Snowy Owl

Crystal Ball AC / Creatures of nightcaching AS

NYGO 2007 / Moses 5K

Fantasy Butterfly Gypsy Edition / 249 Fantasy Butterfly AE

So, in all I ended up with 3 coins that I actually wanted, 4 coins I already have, 12 coins I don’t want at all and may be hard to trade off (2 of which are the same coin!)

So, in all I ended up with 3 coins that I actually wanted, 4 coins I already have, 12 coins I don’t want at all and may be hard to trade off (2 of which are the same coin!)

And of course a lesson learned...

I hope for you that you will eventually trade off those unwanted coins and that you will get those you realy wanted. :)

And like the others before me already did, I sent out the 3 packages to the people who wanted my coins. Just 3. But héy, that's 60% :laughing:

First package received even before I sent mine.

Thanks Turlutortue!!! What a nice coin to join our growing collection. Here is a picture

29902240.jpg

We mailed all our packages right after, so they are all on their way:

1 to Switzerland

4 to Holland

4 to Canada

9+1 to USA (one more trade post math trade)

43 € or 59$ spent

We'll be patiently waiting for the next package :)

Coins sent to: 2GOLFERS (2), ANNE.AND.ELI (1), BENNIEBOYS (1), DRESSELDRAGONS (1), ERICA-OPOLY (1), FAMILIASILVESTRE (3), GARDENGORILLA (2), GEOQUINO (1), KINI_ONT (1), PENNY AND KONA (5), PINGOS (1), SCIFICOLLECTOR (1), SURTEB (1) & THE MOOP ALONG (1).

(Total coins sent - 22)

Packages expected from: *BAJO* (1), DARK_ONYX1982 (1), E&CPLUS3 (1), GARDENGORILLA (5), GILLIANMS (5), GREENISH (1), MAUISON (4), THE 4 F'S (1) & THE MOOP ALONG (5).

(Total coins expected - 24) (Total coins received - 0 so far) :)

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

this is hard to say because it's embarrassing but I will not be receiving most of the coins that I thought I won

Hey, go look at my activated coin sale thread, and pick a coin. I'll get it out to you tomorrow :) That's a tough mistake, and I'm sorry to hear that.

TMA

Wow that´s very nice! Hope it helps not being so sad. :laughing:

Edited by ice13-333

this is hard to say because it's embarrassing but I will not be receiving most of the coins that I thought I won

Hey, go look at my activated coin sale thread, and pick a coin. I'll get it out to you tomorrow :) That's a tough mistake, and I'm sorry to hear that.

TMA

Wow that´s very nice! Hope it helps not being so sad. :laughing:

I figured she might like that since I have one of the coins she thought she was getting up there right now. So let's see if she can find it :laughing:

First package received even before I sent mine.

Thanks Turlutortue!!! What a nice coin to join our growing collection. Here is a picture

29902240.jpg

We mailed all our packages right after, so they are all on their way:

1 to Switzerland

4 to Holland

4 to Canada

9+1 to USA (one more trade post math trade)

43 € or 59$ spent

We'll be patiently waiting for the next package :)

WOW! That was fast!!!!

I received my first coin today also, Hawaii Geohana from I believe ScifiCollector down in FL :)

GG, what a terrible mistake. Did you use the wrong spreadsheet? I'm so sorry to read what happened to you. I have a Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon coin in gold. Was that what you thought you were getting? If so, I'd be happy to trade it for the Cachepillar LE you are getting that you don't want.

My trade list is rather small right now, but if there is a coin you would rather have than the "Honk if You Like Geocaching" coin let me know.

Coins sent to: 2GOLFERS (2), ANNE.AND.ELI (1), BENNIEBOYS (1), DRESSELDRAGONS (1), ERICA-OPOLY (1), FAMILIASILVESTRE (3), GARDENGORILLA (2), GEOQUINO (1), KINI_ONT (1), PENNY AND KONA (5), PINGOS (1), SCIFICOLLECTOR (1), SURTEB (1) & THE MOOP ALONG (1).

(Total coins sent - 22)

Packages expected from: *BAJO* (1), DARK_ONYX1982 (1), E&CPLUS3 (1), GARDENGORILLA (5), GILLIANMS (5), GREENISH (1), MAUISON (4), THE 4 F'S (1) & THE MOOP ALONG (5).

(Total coins expected - 24) (Total coins received - 5 so far) :)

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30