5th International Math Trade

ECplus3

wishlist sent. btw would it be possible to know how long the longest trade chain that was made from this years math trade? I just think it would be an interesting thing to know as to how difficult the trade could have been without the benefit of the computer figuring it out.

I agree. It would be more than a little amazing if a trade-chain involved even half of the participants!

wishlist sent. btw would it be possible to know how long the longest trade chain that was made from this years math trade? I just think it would be an interesting thing to know as to how difficult the trade could have been without the benefit of the computer figuring it out.

I agree. It would be more than a little amazing if a trade-chain involved even half of the participants!

Wow, 1/2 would be alot. I think my longest was 165 coins.

Wish lists are starting to pour in now!

Here is a list of all participants. Those whose lists I have received are highlighted in green. Those whose lists had issues are in red (I've sent emails to discuss the problems).

*BaJo*

2golfers

anne.and.eli

Ashallond

AtlantaGal

Bennieboys

Crowesfeat30

Dark Elf

Dark_Onyx1982

dimkasmir

DJ.J.ROCK

DresselDragons

drneal

E&Cplus3 (slacker)

ELTADA

Erica-opoly

FamiliaSilvestre

Firefly03

fossillady

FScout

gardengorilla

GeoKs

geoquino

gillianms

Greenish

Ice13-333

kini_ont

Laval K-9

Li-Z

Mar-elendili

Mauison

ModelCitizen

Nefesh

Penny and Kona

PINGOS

Ruud4d

Saffier

scificollector

Surteb

The 4 F's

The Moop Along

Toojin

Turlutortue

ufgatorgirl

wilg

If you sent your list and don't see your name highlighted, please contact me.

I know it is late in the game but I can't find how to list a group so I only get one Karma instead of 7. I know we did it the last time but can't find it now. I am working on my list and just wanted to get it straight.

I know we list it at the top but can't remember if we just name it or what. HELP.

Edited by fossillady

Okay, here's Part II of the Want List tutorial...

Q. What if several people have listed a coin I really want. If I include all the IDs in my want lists, is it possible to get more than one?

A. Using the method I described above, yes this is a posibility.

Say you have listed coinID 1 and coinID 2 up for trade. Youd like to get two of the following coins for them:

"Planisphere North gold" (IDs 612 781)

"Mimbres v2 nickel/brown" (IDs 218 832 1020)

"Jersey Devil black nickel" (ID 213)

"Earth Turtle Tahiti" (IDs 16 511 679 769)

So you could make the following want list:

1 : 612 781 218 832 1020 213 16 511 679 769
2 : 612 781 218 832 1020 213 16 511 679 769

However, by doing it this way you'd 'risk' receiving coin 612 for your coin 1 and coin 781 for your coin 2. You'd end up with two "Planisphere" coins instead of getting two different coins.

You can avoid this very easily by defining variables.

You define a coin group to make sure you only get at most 1 coin from that group. Pick a name for your group and stick a percent sign ('%') in front of it to indicate that it is a variable. Then add a colon (':') and a space-delimited list of coin IDs. In the example above, my coin variables would look like this:

%PlanisphereNorth : 612 781
%MimbresV2brown : 218 832 1020
%ETTahiti : 16 511 679 769

Now you simply include these names in your want list, instead of the actual coin numbers. Your list would then change to look like this:

1 : %PlanisphereNorth %MimbresV2brown 213 %ETTahiti
2 : %PlanisphereNorth %MimbresV2brown 213 %ETTahiti

This way, if coin 1 gets traded for one of the coins from the %PlanisphereNorth group, this will prevent coin 2 from being traded for another coin from that same group.

Your variables must be defined at the top of the want list that you send to me, and every line must start with your nickname in parentheses.

(E&Cplus3) %PlanisphereNorth : 612 781
(E&Cplus3) %MimbresV2brown : 218 832 1020
(E&Cplus3) %ETTahiti : 16 511 679 769
(E&Cplus3) 1 : %PlanisphereNorth %MimbresV2brown 213 %ETTahiti
(E&Cplus3) 2 : %PlanisphereNorth %MimbresV2brown 213 %ETTahiti

But wait! There's more! You can nest your variables. This means that you can take a variable that you have already defined and use it within another variable. Why would you do this?

Say you have a coin that you would like to trade for an Earth Turtle Tahiti coin, and only for the Earth Turtle Tahiti. But there are a few of them in the list (IDs 16 511 679 769). There are some other coins that you would like trade for ANY Earth Turtle coin, including the Tahiti, and there are a LOT of them (IDs 767 1051 511 553 768 769 741 481 482 15 679 16 697 416 417 418)

Well, you already have the Tahitis defined, so now you need to create a variable for the whole group:

(E&Cplus3) %PlanisphereNorth : 612 781
(E&Cplus3) %MimbresV2brown : 218 832 1020
(E&Cplus3) %ETTahiti : 16 511 679 769
(E&Cplus3) %ETAll : %ETTahiti 767 1051 553 768 741 481 482 15 697 416 417 418
(E&Cplus3) 1 : %PlanisphereNorth 213 %MimbresV2brown
(E&Cplus3) 2 : %PlanisphereNorth 213 %MimbresV2brown
(E&Cplus3) 3 : %ETTahiti
(E&Cplus3) 4 : %ETAll

Notice how the fourth variable definition uses the variable defined earlier. In my want lists, coin 3 uses the ETTahiti variable, and coin 4 uses the variable for all Earth Turtles.

Just a few notes about precedence: the coins listed in a variable all have equal weight! So, in the %ETAll variable, coin 16 has the same weight as coin 418. However, when using variables in your want lists, the normal precedence rules apply (ie. %PlanisphereNorth trumps coin 213, which trumps %MimbresV2brown, etc).

That's it! Please don't hesitate to ask for clarification if I haven't explained things well enough.

I know it is late in the game but I can't find how to list a group so I only get one Karma instead of 7. I know we did it the last time but can't find it now. I am working on my list and just wanted to get it straight.

I know we list it at the top but can't remember if we just name it or what. HELP.

Here you go :lol:

Wow! How did I miss this?!? Tomorrow night is Superbowl Sunday! I'll be parked in front of my friend's 63" HD TV to watch this and nowhere near my computer. Y'all have till Monday morning at 9:00 AM EST to get your lists in now. Anything after that doesn't get included so make good use of the extra 12 hours.

And enjoy the Superbowl! Go SAINTS!

Wow! How did I miss this?!? Tomorrow night is Superbowl Sunday! I'll be parked in front of my friend's 63" HD TV to watch this and nowhere near my computer. Y'all have till Monday morning at 9:00 AM EST to get your lists in now. Anything after that doesn't get included so make good use of the extra 12 hours.

And enjoy the Superbowl! Go SAINTS!

With half the lists to go (approximately), might you send a reminder email to those left? I'd hate to have someone miss the deadline, cuz all their coins get blanked then :laughing:

Here is a list of all participants. Those whose lists I have received are highlighted in green. Those whose lists had issues are in red (I've sent emails to discuss the problems).

*BaJo*

2golfers

anne.and.eli

Ashallond

AtlantaGal

Bennieboys

Crowesfeat30

Dark Elf

Dark_Onyx1982

dimkasmir

DJ.J.ROCK

DresselDragons

drneal

E&Cplus3 (slacker)

ELTADA

Erica-opoly

FamiliaSilvestre

Firefly03

fossillady

FScout

gardengorilla

GeoKs

geoquino

gillianms

Greenish

Ice13-333

kini_ont

Laval K-9

Li-Z

Mar-elendili

Mauison

ModelCitizen

Nefesh

Penny and Kona

PINGOS

Ruud4d

Saffier

scificollector

Surteb

The 4 F's

The Moop Along

Toojin

Turlutortue

ufgatorgirl

wilg

With half the lists to go (approximately), might you send a reminder email to those left? I'd hate to have someone miss the deadline, cuz all their coins get blanked then :laughing:

Yeah, please do so. too many coins I want on names of black (but a lot of coins I want on names of green!)

Actually if they need a list made for them, then I can definitely make them one....

(insert name here) %ashscoins: 89 90 91 92 93 94

(insert name here) (insert coin number here): %ashscoins

There we go, all done :o:surprise::o (obviously a joke, but its after midnight and I should have been in bed a long time ago.)

DresselDragons are apparently snowed in and without power due to Snowmageddon. Hopefully they will be restored before too long and able to put their list together. Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation.

*BaJo*

2golfers

anne.and.eli

Ashallond

AtlantaGal

Bennieboys

Crowesfeat30

Dark Elf

Dark_Onyx1982

dimkasmir

DJ.J.ROCK

DresselDragons

drneal

E&Cplus3

ELTADA

Erica-opoly

FamiliaSilvestre

Firefly03

fossillady

FScout

gardengorilla

GeoKs

geoquino

gillianms

Greenish

Ice13-333

kini_ont

Laval K-9

Li-Z

Mar-elendili

Mauison

ModelCitizen

Nefesh

Penny and Kona

PINGOS

Ruud4d

Saffier

scificollector

Surteb

The 4 F's

The Moop Along

Toojin

Turlutortue

ufgatorgirl

wilg

Names in red had lists with issues. I have emailed the owners to discuss the changes needed.

*BaJo*

2golfers

anne.and.eli

Ashallond

AtlantaGal

Bennieboys

Crowesfeat30

Dark Elf

Dark_Onyx1982

dimkasmir

DJ.J.ROCK

DresselDragons

drneal

E&Cplus3

ELTADA

Erica-opoly

FamiliaSilvestre

Firefly03

fossillady

FScout

gardengorilla

GeoKs

geoquino

gillianms

Greenish

Ice13-333

kini_ont

Laval K-9

Li-Z

Mar-elendili

Mauison

ModelCitizen

Nefesh

Penny and Kona

PINGOS

Ruud4d

Saffier

scificollector

Surteb

The 4 F's

The Moop Along

Toojin

Turlutortue

ufgatorgirl

wilg

Names in red had lists with issues. I have emailed the owners to discuss the changes needed.

"Issues" -- I think my name should have been highlighted in some other colour to indicate list submitted with a silly brain! lol! I am blaming baby brain... :ph34r:

Nonetheless...all fixed and sent in again!

:D

Ok, sweet. We're done! What's taking so long with the results? :ph34r::D

TMA

There are a few people who submitted partial lists and I want to confirm that the missing coins are not to be traded. Others forgot to send their variable list :D even though they used variables.

Other than that, the want list is good to go. I have run it through the software and 49.5% (or 507 out of 1025) of the coins traded. If I get corrected lists or confirmation that coins were meant to be left off, I hope to publish the results this evening.

Ok, sweet. We're done! What's taking so long with the results? :ph34r::D

TMA

There are a few people who submitted partial lists and I want to confirm that the missing coins are not to be traded. Others forgot to send their variable list :D even though they used variables.

Other than that, the want list is good to go. I have run it through the software and 49.5% (or 507 out of 1025) of the coins traded. If I get corrected lists or confirmation that coins were meant to be left off, I hope to publish the results this evening.

Excited to see how it goes :D