Essex Country parks Geocaching Project Manager

I am pleased to be able to post the news that Michelle Hopkins has accepted the post of Geocaching Project Manager on behalf of Trailnet and ECC Country Parks. Alan Farrow has also accepted a position especially created for him on a part time basis to support Michelle in her role.

Many of you will know both of these cachers and I hope you will join me in wishing them both all the very best for 2010 in their new roles. They have both been tremendously helpful with getting the project to where is currently stands and I have every confidence that they with take it from strength to strength.

As this will probably be my last posting in an 'official' capacity I would also like to thank Geotrowel who was brilliant in many ways and is generally an all round good egg! You will all see the evidence of his work when the coin is produced............. thank you, it was and will always be appreciated.

Thank you all for such support during the past 12 months of trying to get this project off the ground.

Jo Phillips

I am pleased to be able to post the news that Michelle Hopkins has accepted the post of Geocaching Project Manager on behalf of Trailnet and ECC Country Parks. Alan Farrow has also accepted a position especially created for him on a part time basis to support Michelle in her role.

Many of you will know both of these cachers and I hope you will join me in wishing them both all the very best for 2010 in their new roles. They have both been tremendously helpful with getting the project to where is currently stands and I have every confidence that they with take it from strength to strength.

As this will probably be my last posting in an 'official' capacity I would also like to thank Geotrowel who was brilliant in many ways and is generally an all round good egg! You will all see the evidence of his work when the coin is produced............. thank you, it was and will always be appreciated.

Thank you all for such support during the past 12 months of trying to get this project off the ground.

Jo Phillips

What a great job to have!

What are their caching names? I'm curious...

That would be me (Mrs Ski), looking forward to getting out in the parks and meeting lots of cachers and introducing lots more people to this additiction. We have lots of exciting plans in the pipeline but would always be interested to hear from you all with your thoughts and ideas of what you want to see in the parks.

Part of my role will be to introduce Geocaching to a wider audience including School parties, Scout Groups etc. We are aiming to be able to provide hire of GPS units in several parks, along the same lines as offered by Yorkshire Dales National Parks.

If you have any plans for caches in the Essex Country Parks we will work with you to ensure that our cache locations do not overlap. If you are planning on setting any caches in the parks in the near future please contact me, my official parks account is SXParx and I can be contacted via my profile (unfortunately I don't yet have posting rights on the forum as this account has only just been set up).

I will be contacting the people who volunteered to assist Jo last year when this was first mentioned to see if you are still able to assist.

Lots to do and so little time but if you bear with me I'm sure we can make this something really worthwhile.

Michelle Hopkins

SXParx

Edited by SkiBums (UK)

That would be me (Mrs Ski) ...

Michelle Hopkins

SXParx

Congratulations Michelle, I can't think of a better choice of candidate.

Looking forward to some sneaky hides!

Congrats again

Congrats Michelle. Are you also looking after Thurrock or are we on our own as usual :-(?

Either way it's great to have a dedicated advocate for our hobby

Andy K

Edited by akettlet

Andy

I was down at Belhus Woods Country Park today checking out exisitng caches and places for new ones.

It is a hidden gem and if you haven't been get yourself down there.

Got some ideas for a nice little series around there.

Perfect day for caching today Bright and Crisp

Andy

I was down at Belhus Woods Country Park today checking out exisitng caches and places for new ones.

You get paid to cache (or set them, promote caching etc.)?

Andy

Yay glad to hear you're in my area. As a Grays'ite I'm very familiar with Belhus.

Luke Everitt at the Forestry Commission is a good friend and is very pro caching. If you've not already spoken to him, I can help put you in touch.

Andy

You get paid to cache (or set them, promote caching etc.)?

Wouldn't that be a great job if that was all I had to do

Andy

Yay glad to hear you're in my area. As a Grays'ite I'm very familiar with Belhus.

Luke Everitt at the Forestry Commission is a good friend and is very pro caching. If you've not already spoken to him, I can help put you in touch.

Would really appreciate Luke's contact details, especially as the Forestry Commission land runs parrell to part of Belhus, you can contact me through the forums

Andy

Would really appreciate Luke's contact details, especially as the Forestry Commission land runs parrell to part of Belhus, you can contact me through the forums

Luke Everitt

Community Ranger

luke.everitt@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

01708 642964

Edited by akettlet

Luke Everitt

Community Ranger

luke.everitt@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

01708 642964

FYI A while back I sorted out a standard protocol for posting caches in the Woods under Luke's control - it's simpler than the normal FC agreement. It is posted in the GAGB resources area (http://www.gagb.co.uk/gagb/glad/agreement_view.php?p=54) , I agree - he is a nice and helpful chap.

Edited by frozboz