Geocoins near your home location

digidodo

Helllo,

I visited this page: http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx that should display the coins near my home location.

The page shows a map of the entire world but no geocoins. Is the page not working?

John

That's because all the coins are gone. Zap. Poof..... GONE. Mr Grinch was brilliant this year and stole everything that sparkles and shines.

Nah..... as others have already said you need to tell it where to look.

Try checking that you set your home coords right.... when you search for caches nearest home what do you get?

Go to "MY PROFILE" and at the far right side click on the link to search for caches nearest home. Click on the "MAP IT" icon to see the results in map form. If you don't like what you see change the coords in the link below that.

Home-coords.jpg

Edited by Droo

This is a copy of my reply to the helpdesk.

========

Hello Sara,

Thanks for looking at this.

In GeoCoinsNearHomLocation.jpg you can see what is on my screen when I click "Trackable Items" in the left menu and then Geocoin Home under Geocoins. See: GeocoinsNearHomeLocation.jpg

In screenshot.2.jpg you see what i see when I follow Droos's advise. This map points to te right location and the caches are displayed.

The Blorenges talks about a north/south line. I can image something goes wrong with the Eastern and Western part of the world.

I live in the Netherlands which is East of the Greenwich 0-meridian, you are located in the United States which is west of the prime meridian. Moving from Greenwich to my home location in then Netherlands the latitude is a postive figure. Moving towards the USA from Greenwich gives a negative figure. When I test this at http://koti.mbnet.fi/ojalesa/exam/mousemove.html and move towards the USA I actually see the negative latitude.

We live both at the north north of the equator so I don't think something is wrong with the latitude.

Hope you find a solution.

(I will post this in the forums also perhaps someboyd has some other ideas).

Best Regards, John

Works fine for me... Using Firefox under Vista
I don't think it's actually working... It's only showing a north-south corridor where you live. Notice there's no coins to the east or west! I have the same problem.
This is a very interesting bug; glad it's not my programming problem! Edited by Toojin

Works fine for me... Using Firefox under Vista

0ee239e0-0431-4e1b-8269-a3654e559784.jpg

I don't think it's actually working... It's only showing a north-south corridor where you live. Notice there's no coins to the east or west! I have the same problem.

My geocoin map is showing a fairly equal distribution, though the sampled area is very small.

coinmap.jpg

This happens for me as well. My home location is in Sydney, Australia. I have checked the coordinates numerous amounts of times and they seem to be correct, yet whenever I "Find a Geocoin in Your Area" it shows me coins in a small area of the USA (Dallas, sometimes Washington). This is an annoying bug. Please help.