Paracord

Highland Horde

does any body know where you can buy 550 paracord in Canada? Nova Scotia preferably.

Of course it matters just what your definition of paracord is... I see some awful stuff that is listed as paracord, but isn't... seems to have become a generic for 1/8 inch accessory stuff from camping shops.

Of course REAL 550 would be Type III suspension line, and would be available through any parachute rigging shop or supplier... I don't know the market there... My source retired not long after I did... but you can usually order as much as you want from ParaGear and other suppliers.

New chutes use a lot of different materials since I was rigging... there are lots of good cordage from other sources as well... depending on what you wish to do with it...

There was a posting on another forum G topics I think about someone selling 'survival straps' made of Type III in colours plus other products... but those were very pricy for less than 24 feet of cord.

edit: www.survivalstraps.com

Doug

Edited by 7rxc

When I was out in gagetown NB there was a place nearby (Oromocto I think) - Canadian Peacekeepers... they would be able to sell you some probably

http://www.cpgear.com/

Cheers,

Happy new year

does any body know where you can buy 550 paracord in Canada? Nova Scotia preferably.

Of course it matters just what your definition of paracord is... I see some awful stuff that is listed as paracord, but isn't... seems to have become a generic for 1/8 inch accessory stuff from camping shops.

Of course REAL 550 would be Type III suspension line, and would be available through any parachute rigging shop or supplier... I don't know the market there... My source retired not long after I did... but you can usually order as much as you want from ParaGear and other suppliers.

New chutes use a lot of different materials since I was rigging... there are lots of good cordage from other sources as well... depending on what you wish to do with it...

There was a posting on another forum G topics I think about someone selling 'survival straps' made of Type III in colours plus other products... but those were very pricy for less than 24 feet of cord.

Doug

Hey, Army Navy on Agricola sells similar stuff for $5/100 feet. I don't think it is 100% Paracord but may do what we need. The other store I called in Elmsdale were not quite sure what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

Brad

Hey, Army Navy on Agricola sells similar stuff for $5/100 feet. I don't think it is 100% Paracord but may do what we need. The other store I called in Elmsdale were not quite sure what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

Brad

lol...I was just talking to them...

have you checked the mec (mountain equipment coop) there is a store in halifax or online at mec.ca

I am not sure they have paracord specifically but they do have various types of climbing ropes. Again I guess it depends on your specific application.

alb

I saw it at Canadian Tire in Grand Falls last weekend.

One has to be careful... the name paracord is used broadly sometimes. Sort of like aspirin, rollerblades etc.

Just because someone sells it as paracord, and there are lots cording types sold that way, doesn't make it Type III suspension line (or similar). I've never seen CTC sell anything that was Mil Spec. They have sold the 'camping use' braided stuff... and a lot better cordage. Often the big difference is what you CAN'T SEE.

Doug