Upgrading from Etrex Legend C to Oregon 300/Dakota 20

I have had my Legend C for few years now and I would like to upgrade to something that has a high sensitivity receiver so I don't lose my signal that often.

I've read about the issues with the display on the Oregon 300. I am very pleased with the Etrex display and the battery life, so I'm wondering if the Oregon 300 display is really that bad in outdoors/bright light....

Is the display on the Dakota 20 better? But I'd prefer to stick to the Oregon because of the better screen resolution.

One more question about the Dakota. Is it true that it only calculates the elevation based on the barometric altimeter and not the GPS signal. Is there a way to turn off the altimeter and get only GPS elevation readings? How is this done on the Oregon?

Or should I just wait for the Oregon 450, which should have a better display....

Thank you for the replies....

Go and look at one yourself. It is a personal preference thing and listening to someone else's opinion is worthless. Disable the basemap and screen shading though to get a white background on the maps for a proper comparison.

All Garmins with barometers, auto-calibrate the barometer using the GPS signal.

Go and look at one yourself. It is a personal preference thing and listening to someone else's opinion is worthless. Disable the basemap and screen shading though to get a white background on the maps for a proper comparison.

All Garmins with barometers, auto-calibrate the barometer using the GPS signal.

Thanks for the reply Red990. Where is the best place in Calgary to go and try them out? I've been to GPS Central, but not to GPS city. Which one is better w/ more pleasant people?