Profile stats question...

ampmdp

I was wondering how to get that giant stats breakdown on my profile that I see on some cacher's pages. Do I need to download any additional software, or does it eventually get generated once you get a premium membership? Sorry if this has been addressed already...I couldn't find any info on it. Thanks!

I was wondering how to get that giant stats breakdown on my profile that I see on some cacher's pages. Do I need to download any additional software, or does it eventually get generated once you get a premium membership? Sorry if this has been addressed already...I couldn't find any info on it. Thanks!

You need:

1) premium membership (which you have)

2) My Finds GPX (go to pocket query, scroll almost to bottom, you'll see a button "Add to queue" in the "My Finds" section. You can only do that once a week (thanks BJ&SK)

3) If you're using Windows, you can use GSAK + FindStatGen macro, or CacheStates (google for them).

4) Alternatively you can use ItsNotAboutTheNumbers.com.

5) Paste HTML into your profile page

6) Repeat every week.

Edited by Chrysalides

Thanks for the quick reply!

You need:

2) My Finds GPX (go to pocket query, scroll almost to bottom, you'll see a button "Add to queue" in the "My Finds" section. You can only do that once a month

3) If you're using Windows, you can use GSAK + FindStatGen macro, or CacheStates (google for them).

6) Repeat every week.

You need:

2) My Finds GPX (go to pocket query, scroll almost to bottom, you'll see a button "Add to queue" in the "My Finds" section. You can only do that once a month

6) Repeat every week.

itsnotaboutthenumbers.com didn't work for me. It gave me a bunch of divide by zero errors. This site did work tho:

http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/

There are many more if you Google for geocaching stats.

Of course you meant "week".

*sigh* Yeah, of course. Thanks for catching that.

Minor trivia since I'm posting - the button resets every 6 days, actually. This is so that you can run your finds query at the same time every week, instead of having to wait a little bit later each week. And no need to worry about Daylight Saving Time.

Edited by Chrysalides