geocaching Goal for 2010

ToonAl

After a small typo in Google Earth, I now want to place a cache in one of the two following locations;

N 47 00.000 W 081 00.000

or

N 47 00.000 W 081 00.000

Looks like there is a small typo in your post too as both coordinates are the same. :)

If those forest access roads are open, you could probably get within 200m with a 4x4.

Fixed it. The first one should have read N46 00.000 W 081 00.000.

Access will be a 07 Grand Caravan, then mtn bike or hiking boots from there.

Not sure which one I would want to do yet. I'll need to do a bit more research first and start working on making a cache that would be equally as rewarding as the treck to it.

Not sure which one I would want to do yet. I'll need to do a bit more research first and start working on making a cache that would be equally as rewarding as the treck to it.

That second one looks nasty to get to by the sounds of it: 46°N 81°W

That web site is good research tool for any cache you want to place at or close to a lat/long confluence.

That second one looks nasty to get to by the sounds of it: 46°N 81°W

That web site is good research tool for any cache you want to place at or close to a lat/long confluence.

That link does provide a lot of good information.

Now it is a toss up, take my little guy to Ishpatina Ridge for the earth cache there, or take him here to place this cache. Either way, will be pretty cool to say that at just of a year old, he's been to one of these interesting places.

My current geocaching goals (which may or may not be completed in 2010):

1) continue filling my D/T chart (currently at 65/81)

2) create at least one Earthcache

3) keep working on all the challenge caches I can!

4) win the Winter Cache Game!

So here's the new update:

1) making slow progress on this, but hope to find a few more in Wisconsin in a couple of weeks (currently at 68/81)

2) waiting until I'm done moving, dealing with my mom's estate more, etc.

3) completed and found one more, and set out my own challenge too! Every year a cache... challenge!

4) I won that way back in January!

And I also found Canada's oldest cache this week! Gotta love the oldies! 100ish oldest caches in Canada

Good luck to everyone in pursuing their goals!

Is anyone else trying to cache in all 52 jurisdictions (Counties, Districts and reg. Muns.) of Ontario ? I've just reached 45, with 7 more to do, 4 of which are in Northern Ontario. Guess I'll have to finally get brave enough to get one each in TO and Peel. Can anyone recommend one on the south side of Steeles Ave. ?

Judging by the maps on their profile, 3-Bearss have found a cache in each of the census divisions of Ontario, and are the first cachers I'm aware of that qualify for Juicepig's cache.

Quite the feat... congrats!

I found my last of 81 combinations yesterday morning at an altitude of 7,349 ft above sea level. A new altitude record as well. What an amazing climb to the summit along the boardwalks after taking the thrilling cable car ride 2,000 feet up sulphur mountain out here in Banff Alberta. Here on vacation and this happened to be one of our stops. I was on top of the world in height and achievement. Pictures to follow when I get back home.

I found my last of 81 combinations yesterday morning at an altitude of 7,349 ft above sea level. A new altitude record as well. What an amazing climb to the summit along the boardwalks after taking the thrilling cable car ride 2,000 feet up sulphur mountain out here in Banff Alberta. Here on vacation and this happened to be one of our stops. I was on top of the world in height and achievement. Pictures to follow when I get back home.

Sounds like a great adventure. Congrats on your milestones!

I completed my first 81 combination matrix on the very same day, as did Avernar; we finished off with "Languages" just outside Sudbury. Still have 2 caches to go for 81 Proof

I've been caching for almost 8 years now (wow) and only have 36 finds (knee surgery in the middle of that period ugh)... So my goal for this summer and fall is to double that to 72 :D

Start of August update - I'm heading in to August with 57. A stretch goal of 100 by the end of September? Don't mind if I do...

Well, it's a bit late in the year, but...

My goal at the beginning of the year was to get out and find some caches at least each month. Well, that goal went out the window in February, LOL!

Since then, I've been trying to fill in my D/T grid (and I did publish a Fizzy challenge - the first in Atlantic Canada). Also, I recently purchased a kayak so I've been making a point of finding more kayak/canoe caches.

I want to host a CITO.

I need to get out and do some maintenance on some of my caches.

Is anyone else trying to cache in all 52 jurisdictions (Counties, Districts and reg. Muns.) of Ontario ? I've just reached 45, with 7 more to do, 4 of which are in Northern Ontario. Guess I'll have to finally get brave enough to get one each in TO and Peel. Can anyone recommend one on the south side of Steeles Ave. ?

Judging by the maps on their profile, 3-Bearss have found a cache in each of the census divisions of Ontario, and are the first cachers I'm aware of that qualify for Juicepig's cache.

Quite the feat... congrats!

My congratulations as well to the 3-Bearss ! We encountered their logs in the North-west last week on our 5500 km. caching run through Northern Ontario and then south through the Central US States as far as Topeka.. We are now much closer to our Ontario 'goal' and have all of Northern Ontario, with only three more to go in the South. One will go down in a day or so, and then there will only be two left (one of which is Toronto itself).

I've had some goals for 2010 roaming around in my head but never put them down here...

1. Reach 7000 finds (did that in June, now it's on to 8000... by GHAGAFAP, perhaps?)

2. Find 1000 caches in one or more counties (less than 50 to go in Halton, and a little over 100 in Niagara)

3. Continue to colour my county map red (250+ finds in a county). I currently have 10 red counties, and 2 or 3 more are getting up there.

4. I have only one day left on the yearly calendar on which to find a cache. So that will be completed on July 9th. My calendar alarm is already set...

I started finding a cache every day on March 1st, and made it to 71 days or so. It was difficult to travel out of the way for a cache every day, due to the number of finds I already have... I think the only way I would be able to complete the 365 continuous days is if I moved at least 3 hours away in any direction.

This year's goals are completed:

1. Found my 8000th cache yesterday along the Grand River near Cambridge.

2. I have 1000+ finds in Halton and Niagara regions.

3. I have now found 250+ caches in 13 regions.

4. Filled my calendar on, well... July 9th.

I also found my 500th multi, and 500th mystery cache in the past few months.