geocaching Goal for 2010

ToonAl

I'm thinking about placing a cache. But then again, I've been saying that for over half a year now. :)

:lol: BQ

And my goal would be to find that cache, because I know it will be a nice one. :)

And since 10,000 seems like a long way off right now, I think my aim is to complete some of the challenge caches, starting with the Cache A Day series... 6 months done and about 25 days left to fill in from now until July.

Finally Get 1000

Host:

1 Cito

Our major 3 day event in July/August

Find 25 unique & beautiful locations to place caches and find the history in the area (eg old cabins, mines) so we can share with others and ensure our past isn't forgotten

Claim 2 FTF caches that have been sitting there for a few years with no one getting them.

2 Good Hiking ones that take about 7 hours there and back

I'd like to contrive to go north for GCJW3R Tony's Strip which is danger-close to where I was an Ontario Ranger back in '84 - I want to see the grown-up trees I planted.

I'd like to work to further complete GC11PZW Tequila: 81 Proof - 36 down 45 to go.

I'd like to attend, help with, or organize a CITO event here.

I'd like to be able to convince my daughter to attend the mega event in June with me.

Edited by frinklabs

GCJW3R Tony's Strip was one of those interesting good caches.

I first found debris from the cache after it was destroyed by a bear shortly after it was released in 2004. My son and I had bushwhacked from the highway south of the cache (I was pulling a fifth wheel camper trailer at the time). When we got to the cache site we found the runway and discovered I could have driven my truck and fifth wheel in - there was lots of room to turn around. But the cache had been destroyed by a bear so there was just pieces of it around.

I returned about 2 months later to find the cache again after it had been replaced by a ammo can. I was able to drive the truck and trailer to within 50 metres of the cache location.

Please note that the cache will be buried in the snow during winter.

Edited by jleecollins

I'm a n00b so my goals aren't all that lofty by some standards, but my main goal is to incorporate Geocaching into my regular fitness routine and to find as many back country caches as I can.

I only have a few finds so far but they have been in the forest and I really have no interest in finding "city" caches unless they are in a wooded park or ravine. I'm all about the outdoors and getting out of the city as often as I can :rolleyes:

100 finds would be acceptable.

Edited by lornix

I plan on doing various caching related things this year and having fun doing them, but the only real goal I have left is to find 100 caches in a day (not in a 24 hr period...found 85 in a 24 hr period). The most I found so far in a day (16 hr period) was 55 caches. Back in September I found 43 caches in Kitchener in a 9 hr period which included about 15-20km of hiking, so I think based on that the goal is certainly achievable, but it will take some planning and most likely a return to the Kitchener\Waterloo area to accomplish this. Who's going to join me?

I plan on doing various caching related things this year and having fun doing them, but the only real goal I have left is to find 100 caches in a day (not in a 24 hr period...found 85 in a 24 hr period). The most I found so far in a day (16 hr period) was 55 caches. Back in September I found 43 caches in Kitchener in a 9 hr period which included about 15-20km of hiking, so I think based on that the goal is certainly achievable, but it will take some planning and most likely a return to the Kitchener\Waterloo area to accomplish this. Who's going to join me?

Forget that, I think you need to be going to Brantford. Looked at the listings there lately? There's some serious rails-to-trails power caching going on, including several more placed on January 6th. :P

I'm thinking about placing a cache. But then again, I've been saying that for over half a year now. :)

B) BQ

Pffft.... suuuuuuure you are! :P:lol::D

My Goals:

1. 4000th cache find

2. Find at least one cache in every Region/District/County in Ontario

3. Cache more in New York

4. Attend more events in new areas

2. Find at least one cache in every Region/District/County in Ontario

This is harder then it sounds, i have been trying to do this for years.. Although its just those last three that have hindered me the last few!

BTW, flights to Thunder Bay are cheapest in the Winter

I was thinking a 4000km road trip immediately after Spring Fling, actually. We'll see how it goes. :)

I'm thinking about placing a cache. But then again, I've been saying that for over half a year now. :D

B) BQ

Pffft.... suuuuuuure you are! :anicute::blink::D

BQ is afraid to put it out for fear Cache Drone won't approve it. :):D:huh:

Hmmm, that gives me an idea :)

But seriously, or at least on a different note, if I don't get some caches out this Spring I fear that I will never see my desk again. :)

I have been enjoying trying to fill in the dates where I have not found a cache before. I missed January 3rd, which I realized at 11:20pm that day, but otherwise it has been fun. Also those Mini-Fizzy Challenges look like a lot of fun. I like the idea of Challenge Caches due to the whole "Okay, what else do I need?" feeling. So doing Challenge Caches is high on the list for 2010.

B) BQ

I would like to find all of the caches placed in Ontario before I started caching. I have 21 to go.

That is a cool goal! For me that would take forever since I started in Feb 2008! ;)

My goal is to complete the Cache A Day Challenge starting with January GCZZTT!

Plus the other challenges I have been working on as well.

My caching-related goals for this year:

1. Design 3 new geocoins

2. Hit 1000 caches found

3. Place 20 caches

4. Plan and host a rockin' mega event in July!!

5. Host one CITO

6. Find a cache in one more province

You'll sure be busy in 2010 :huh:

I have to be realistic, because this will be an year filled with even more work-related obligations... But I do plan to find at least one cache in each place I travel to for conferences and to get out of the city more often to do geocaching in nice trails. I also want to place my first hide!

My current geocaching goals (which may or may not be completed in 2010):

a) continue filling my D/T chart (currently at 65/81)

:) create at least one Earthcache

c) keep working on all the challenge caches I can!

d) win the Winter Cache Game!

UPDATE

a) currently at 66/81

c) completed another of the Saskatchewan challenge caches - still have to go find it - 3 more to finish sometime...

d) I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Fill my original 81 grid... 4 more to go. :)

2. Complete Tequila 81 before 1000 finds... 15 to go with 776 finds (curse those days when I went out on a numbers run). :)

3. Lose the urge to go for an FTF just because it's there (hey, I passed on one tonight so there's hope for me yet, but then again I couldn't resist the lure last night so back to square one). :(

4. Pretend I don't own an LPC (shame on me). :angry:

5. Design a puzzle worthy of Tequila's attention. :o

and finally

6. Find the activation code for a trackable that I own! :D

I'm thinking, maybe, 300 finds by/at Spring Fling. That's a bit ambitious based on my current caching rate and propensity for being distracted by - and spending the afternoon at - interesting earth caches.

Maybe I need to make a trip to Brantford :D

Yes, Res2100 never responded to my suggestion of Brantford as a destination to find his 100+ caches in a day. I'd also suggest a bicycle. There is going to be an American invasion of Brantford in March. Me, I've never found more than 23 in a day. I'm definitely not a "power cacher", but seeing as these are smalls and regulars along rails to trails, I'm not only in, I'm organizing the trip!! I'm thinking somewhere in the 50-75 range though, no zany plans for 100.

Yes, Res2100 never responded to my suggestion of Brantford as a destination to find his 100+ caches in a day. I'd also suggest a bicycle. There is going to be an American invasion of Brantford in March. Me, I've never found more than 23 in a day. I'm definitely not a "power cacher", but seeing as these are

A bicycle in March? :D

Yes, Res2100 never responded to my suggestion of Brantford as a destination to find his 100+ caches in a day. I'd also suggest a bicycle. There is going to be an American invasion of Brantford in March. Me, I've never found more than 23 in a day. I'm definitely not a "power cacher", but seeing as these are

A bicycle in March? B)

There are references (not many, but some) to people taking their bikes in December and January. Don't worry, the March American bicyclists will be fine. Or funny to watch, at the very least.

I would like to find all of the caches placed in Ontario before I started caching. I have 21 to go.

Found GCAC4 today. Now I am down to 20

I didn't find your sig on GCBBA. Are you going to come Down East this summer for a 10th anniversary find? :lol:

I am working on finishing Ontario first. Then maybe moving on to the rest of Canada. Not sure how many existed in Canada prior to June 2001.

I do know of someone who is gonna visit NS this summer. So who knows.

Thanks for the invite. ;);):);)

Edit: I need 54 for all of Canada.

Edited by Tequila

I'm thinking, maybe, 300 finds by/at Spring Fling. That's a bit ambitious based on my current caching rate and propensity for being distracted by - and spending the afternoon at - interesting earth caches.

Maybe I need to make a trip to Brantford :lol:

Yes, Res2100 never responded to my suggestion of Brantford as a destination to find his 100+ caches in a day. I'd also suggest a bicycle. There is going to be an American invasion of Brantford in March. Me, I've never found more than 23 in a day. I'm definitely not a "power cacher", but seeing as these are smalls and regulars along rails to trails, I'm not only in, I'm organizing the trip!! I'm thinking somewhere in the 50-75 range though, no zany plans for 100.

I looked at Brantford when you suggested it, and although the cache density\power trails are very good, I don't know if it's possible to get 100 there in a day there, especially considering you would probably have to do 30-40km of hiking.

We've decided on the Kitchener-Waterloo area for being the best spot to get 100 finds in a day, as there are several hundred caches to choose from that none of the 6 of us who plan on taking part have done yet. We plan on going on a weekday in the Spring sometime.

Kate, I have not been to Brantford yet to do these rail trail caches, if you want to join us I was thinking of doing a GHMGC day probably May 15th.