Lowrance Endura owners

Indotguy
Followers 3

This thread is addressed to Endura owners who are using MicroSD regional map cards on their units. I am looking for information and opinions regarding how well these maps are working out. Input regarding map detail and how the card maps compare with the MapCreate maps would be appreciated, as would info on map redraw times and any other pertinent details which might be helpful.

This thread is addressed to Endura owners who are using MicroSD regional map cards on their units. I am looking for information and opinions regarding how well these maps are working out. Input regarding map detail and how the card maps compare with the MapCreate maps would be appreciated, as would info on map redraw times and any other pertinent details which might be helpful.

Dang, got the jump on me! I was planning on doing a review on the 1:24K ACCUTERRA Regional "Advanced Outdoor Content" Topographic Maps from Lowrance a bit later on after the holidays.

In the mean time though, let me say that on my Sierra they are quite a treat! Unlike anything you've seen or used fom anybody before! Boot up is still on the slow side but the detail is absolutely amazing, especially in the hybrid mode integrating imagery and base map POIs/detail. The "fabricated" imagery resembles pixelated and Colored DOQQ Aerial maps with nice shading of all available terrain with colored and shaded relief for variations by rock formations, hills, lake water, mountains, grassy plains, glaciers, you name it!

Mapcreate maps (1:100K) don't compare in any way. And, of course, they can't be used on the Endura's if they could.

Geocaches stand out very well and are easy to navigate to.

Tracks stand out well also.

Contour lines are very nice with red 100' lines and sky blue 20' lines.

Redraws are very fast (as expected from a dual processor, 42 channel GPSr) on my "Rocky Mountains" microSD map with no residual pixelation, or redraw artifacts. Many of the deeper lakes show subsurface topography and potential structure (no contour lines). Higher peaks show snow (glaciers).

Despite the fact this was the imagery we should have gotten on our units to begin with, I love the maps and can't complain about anything I've used thus far.

Happy Holidays!

N

Edited by Native20559

Dang, got the jump on me! I was planning on doing a review on the 1:24K ACCUTERRA Regional "Advanced Outdoor Content" Topographic Maps from Lowrance a bit later on after the holidays.

In the mean time though, let me say that on my Sierra they are quite a treat! Unlike anything you've seen or used fom anybody before! Boot up is still on the slow side but the detail is absolutely amazing, especially in the hybrid mode integrating imagery and base map POIs/detail. The "fabricated" imagery resembles pixelated and Colored DOQQ Aerial maps with nice shading of all available terrain with colored and shaded relief for variations by rock formations, hills, lake water, mountains, grassy plains, glaciers, you name it!

Mapcreate maps (1:100K) don't compare in any way. And, of course, they can't be used on the Endura's if they could.

Redraws are very fast (as expected from a dual processor, 42 channel GPSr) on my "Rocky Mountains" microSD map with no residual pixelation, or redraw artifacts. Many of the deeper lakes show subsurface topography and potential structure (no contour lines). Higher peaks show snow (glaciers).

Despite the fact this was the imagery we should have gotten on our units to begin with, I love the maps and can't complain about anything I've used thus far.

Happy Holidays!

N

At the present time my interest is mainly in the Out and Back model which is why I'm primarily interested in the microSD mapping content. Your review of the Sierra's imagery is very interesting however. Is the 1:24K ACCUTERRA Regional "Advanced Outdoor Content" preloaded imagery on your device or a download? Is the base map on all three of the Enduras the same? Do either the base map on these units or the microSD mapping display State Forest boundries? Could someone post a screen shot or two of microSD card mapping detail?

Edited by Indotguy

Happy Holidays!

N

At the present time my interest is mainly in the Out and Back model which is why I'm primarily interested in the microSD mapping content. Your review of the Sierra's imagery is very interesting however. Is the 1:24K ACCUTERRA Regional "Advanced Outdoor Content" preloaded imagery on your device or a download? Is the base map on all three of the Enduras the same? Do either the base map on these units or the microSD mapping display State Forest boundries? Could someone post a screen shot or two of microSD card mapping detail?

Yes it is preloaded content. National Forests, BLM lands, State Trust Lands, State Parks, Wilderness Areas, Private Land holdings, Indian Reservations, Federal Reserve Lands (Military, etc.) and more, are identified with unique colors and with POIs located on the maps. The map content is very powerful only lacking GMU's (Game Management Units for hunters) that I have noticed thus far.

There is no screen capture utility to take a shot of the content and I don't have a camera with a macro that will do the content justice. The promotional imagery shots are pretty accurate depictions of what you get but don't show you all the goodies this software has available for you.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Endura/Add-On-M...ng-USA/#regions

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Happy New Year!

N

Happy Holidays!

N

Yes it is preloaded content. National Forests, BLM lands, State Trust Lands, State Parks, Wilderness Areas, Private Land holdings, Indian Reservations, Federal Reserve Lands (Military, etc.) and more, are identified with unique colors and with POIs located on the maps. The map content is very powerful only lacking GMU's (Game Management Units for hunters) that I have noticed thus far.

There is no screen capture utility to take a shot of the content and I don't have a camera with a macro that will do the content justice. The promotional imagery shots are pretty accurate depictions of what you get but don't show you all the goodies this software has available for you.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Endura/Add-On-M...ng-USA/#regions

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Happy New Year!

N

I just want to clarify that the content is preloaded on a microSD card and can be used on any of the Endura GPS units. So you would be able to purchase an Out N Back unit and then add the 1:24K ACCUTERRA Regional "Advanced Outdoor Content" microSD card.

Hope this helps.